Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(10-12-2012, 06:15 PM)J3M7777 Wrote: http://nextfrictionalgame.com/
Guys the pic is unblurry.

[Image: OzvUc.jpg]

Ah c'mon, we can't be THIS dead.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

You must be new.
10-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

Can't tell if troll or misinformed time doctor.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
10-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

[Image: misc-you-dont-say.png]
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Good morning to Earth!

There's an entire page there, not just a picture.

Oh, didn't I warn you not to use the Time Machine? Silly me.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Website Find
Jack O'Lantern Offline

Threads: 0

This is a little old, but I wanted to repost it:
(07-19-2012, 11:16 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Thechineseroom said in an interview that they were looking at certain parts of Amnesia and felt like Frictional could have pushed the horror further in these situations but "held back" a bit. Now what do you think those situations were?

I think one of them might have been the morgue. You know, when the grunt knocked down the door and you had to retreat into one of the rooms filled with corpses? That was already kind of uncomfortable, but the game could have gone further and forced you to actually crawl inbetween them, pull them aside to hide in the pile, while swarms of flies are buzzing around you...that sort of stuff.

That got me thinking about how far TheChineseRoom are willing to push this. My opinion: very far.

Think about it: this game is set in a slaughterhouse. We're talking blood, gore, cleavers, saws and dead things galore. Bloated rotting pig carcasses around every corner. Abbatoirs and murder machines. And it's not just pigs either.

AAMFP is going to get real grisly, real fast. The more I thought about it, the more sick I felt. Physically sick. *shivers*
I am so not ready for this.

But that's not to say I'm not going to buy it and cherish it.
Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2012, 07:40 AM by Jack O'Lantern.)
10-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(10-14-2012, 07:38 AM)Jack OLantern Wrote: This is a little old, but I wanted to repost it:
(07-19-2012, 11:16 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Thechineseroom said in an interview that they were looking at certain parts of Amnesia and felt like Frictional could have pushed the horror further in these situations but "held back" a bit. Now what do you think those situations were?

I think one of them might have been the morgue. You know, when the grunt knocked down the door and you had to retreat into one of the rooms filled with corpses? That was already kind of uncomfortable, but the game could have gone further and forced you to actually crawl inbetween them, pull them aside to hide in the pile, while swarms of flies are buzzing around you...that sort of stuff.

That got me thinking about how far TheChineseRoom are willing to push this. My opinion: very far.

Think about it: this game is set in a slaughterhouse. We're talking blood, gore, cleavers, saws and dead things galore. Bloated rotting pig carcasses around every corner. Abbatoirs and murder machines. And it's not just pigs either.

AAMFP is going to get real grisly, real fast. The more I thought about it, the more sick I felt. Physically sick. *shivers*

But that's not to say I'm not going to buy it and cherish it.
Big Grin
To be honest, that's very far from what I want. Grim, bloody, and macabre can make an intriguing setting, but what appealed to me about Amnesia was moreso the psychologically horror - the stifling darkness, the eerie feeling that something is just wrong about a normal-looking room. Of course, Amnesia did get a lot less normal-looking the more you progressed through the game (starting from the prison, basically) - but at least it started off quite mellow to build up tension. I wouldn't want AAMFP to get grisly right away.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Find
Jack O'Lantern Offline

Threads: 0

(10-14-2012, 08:04 AM)Chronofox Wrote: To be honest, that's very far from what I want. Grim, bloody, and macabre can make an intriguing setting, but what appealed to me about Amnesia was moreso the psychologically horror - the stifling darkness, the eerie feeling that something is just wrong about a normal-looking room. Of course, Amnesia did get a lot less normal-looking the more you progressed through the game (starting from the prison, basically) - but at least it started off quite mellow to build up tension. I wouldn't want AAMFP to get grisly right away.
I'm also a huge fan of the psychological horror element. And I'm sure that the game is going to be heavily relying on that to deliver it's scares. AAMFP isn't going to be one big gorefest.

I take back the 'real grisly, real fast' comment. The 'real fast' part, that is. Perhaps the suggestion that there is going to be disturbing gory stuff around every corner is going to be a big part of it. I remember playing through the storage level in TDD, hearing that poor girl bawling and begging, and being terrified that I was going to find her bound and disemboweled. Fortunately, I never did. But I feel that in AAMFP, they aren't going to shy away from the gore and grit.

I think it's all about balancing the psychological with the visceral. If TheChineseRoom can do that, I believe we may have a horror classic on our hands.
10-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-14-2012, 07:38 AM)Jack OLantern Wrote: This is a little old, but I wanted to repost it:

Smile Smile I think one of them might have been the morgue. You know, when the grunt knocked down the door and you had to retreat into one of the rooms filled with corpses? That was already kind of uncomfortable, but the game could have gone further and forced you to actually crawl inbetween them, pull them aside to hide in the pile, while swarms of flies are buzzing around you...that sort of stuff.
But that's not to say I'm not going to buy it and cherish it. Big Grin

"Fast" game from TCR? Sorry, not seeing it. At all. Knowing these guys it most likely will be centered around story and exploration, just more intense on gameplay part than Amnesia was.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(10-14-2012, 09:13 AM)Kein Wrote:

Smile Smile I think one of them might have been the morgue. You know, when the grunt knocked down the door and you had to retreat into one of the rooms filled with corpses? That was already kind of uncomfortable, but the game could have gone further and forced you to actually crawl inbetween them, pull them aside to hide in the pile, while swarms of flies are buzzing around you...that sort of stuff.
But that's not to say I'm not going to buy it and cherish it. Big Grin

"Fast" game from TCR? Sorry, not seeing it. At all. Knowing these guys it most likely will be centered around story and exploration, just more intense on gameplay part than Amnesia was.
Exactly. What I want from aamfp: Dark story combined to heavy, intense and slow gameplay with a lot of exploration. Without forgetting fast adrenaline-pumping parts Big Grin. So far, if we look at the interviews, it seems like I'm going to get what I want!
10-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Find