Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(02-26-2013, 06:28 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 06:18 AM)Delirium92 Wrote: Please don't start one of those stupid fan wars over people who do game play commentaries, all game play commentaries are stupid. That's why they're fun to watch. :3

In that case, some are stupid in a funny and entertaining way...and then there's PewdiePie, which is just the same stupid shit every video. Penis jokes, gay jokes, stupid shit that was funny when you were 12. Makes the game seem like a joke.

Yeah, I agree they're stupid and repetitious.
It has been a while since I saw Pewdies play through of Amnesia but he wasn't as annoying back then, there was no Stephano or Piggy or any of the other stupid things he uses to make it through poorly built custom levels.
02-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

How many times will this forum talk about this until we stop? It's beating a dead horse...
Stop discussing PewDiePie and try to get back on topic. Here's a question, How many different monsters do you guys think there will be?... I mean, we've only been "shown" ONE. But there HAS to be either more, or different variations of it. Am I the only one curious about this?
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 07:13 AM by Statyk.)
02-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Find
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0

....and 500th page!!!

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
02-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Find
Clord Offline

It is cool to be on the page 500. Smile

Also. Don't group Cry with Tobuscus. Cry at least can act like an adult for his viewers. PewDiePie is somewhat funny too and has matured over time a bit.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM by Clord.)
02-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-26-2013, 07:11 AM)Statyk Wrote: How many times will this forum talk about this until we stop? It's beating a dead horse...
Stop discussing PewDiePie and try to get back on topic. Here's a question, How many different monsters do you guys think there will be?... I mean, we've only been "shown" ONE. But there HAS to be either more, or different variations of it. Am I the only one curious about this?

Thank you. . .

I think that there may be one type of enemy, with various appearances for the individuals you (unfortunately) encounter.
02-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Find
ReadingNotAllowed Offline

Threads: 6

(02-26-2013, 08:28 AM)Clord Wrote: It is cool to be on the page 500. Smile

Also. Don't group Cry with Tobuscus. Cry at least can act like an adult for his viewers. PewDiePie is somewhat funny too and has matured over time a bit.

I like how statyk tries to change the topic, and people still keeps talking about pewdiepie.

(02-26-2013, 07:11 AM)Statyk Wrote: How many times will this forum talk about this until we stop? It's beating a dead horse...

I strongly believe that there will be around 1-3 monsters.

Better to have a story and end it, then to never realise it has begun...

- Red
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 08:37 AM by ReadingNotAllowed.)
02-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

I've been thinking, what profit Oswald gets from giant subterranean pig(and man..?)-eating machine? Does it produce food for markets or something else? What do you guys think?
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(02-26-2013, 07:11 AM)Statyk Wrote: How many different monsters do you guys think there will be?... I mean, we've only been "shown" ONE. But there HAS to be either more, or different variations of it. Am I the only one curious about this?

Not at all. I have been thinking about this recently, too. The Dark Descent had a few, so I doubt A Machine For Pigs will have only one scary monster, despite the creepy hint of "the swine will rise" ... I also think it depends entirely on what you decide to call a monster. The Guardian in The Dark Descent is not technically a roaming monster, but it does reveal hints of being an abstract enormous vicious beast on several occasions.

In A Machine For Pigs, perhaps we get to see The Guardian return, since it is set in the same universe. What scares me more is the fact they put so much emphasis on a machine that will roar into life, meant only for the slaughtering of pigs. I speculate that we will see The Guardian and the machine both being a terrifying and lethal red thread in the same way The Guardian alone did in The Dark Descent.

As for actual roaming monsters, I still think there will be more than one kind. Remember the first teaser? The hunting creature made terribly loud steps, while in the second teaser, you could saw something move real silently without a sound at all. Is this a machine, a monster, or both? At any rate, I doubt the thing shown in the first clip and the one in the second clip is the same thing. If it is, then my mind will be even more blown. As if that is even possible!

With The Chinese Room and Frictional Games? I am sure it is ...

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

I'm curious too, it's hard to say how many monsters there will be. Hopefully there will be a few different kinds.
02-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Find
sasaluvsamnesia7 Offline

Threads: 0

--------------

I hope definitely more than two or three. Grunts and Brutes were fine. The Kaernk had such a short role. Can't wait to find out!

(02-26-2013, 09:25 AM)Diz Wrote:
(02-26-2013, 07:11 AM)Statyk Wrote: How many different monsters do you guys think there will be?... I mean, we've only been "shown" ONE. But there HAS to be either more, or different variations of it. Am I the only one curious about this?

Not at all. I have been thinking about this recently, too. The Dark Descent had a few, so I doubt A Machine For Pigs will have only one scary monster, despite the creepy hint of "the swine will rise" ... I also think it depends entirely on what you decide to call a monster. The Guardian in The Dark Descent is not technically a roaming monster, but it does reveal hints of being an abstract enormous vicious beast on several occasions.

In A Machine For Pigs, perhaps we get to see The Guardian return, since it is set in the same universe. What scares me more is the fact they put so much emphasis on a machine that will roar into life, meant only for the slaughtering of pigs. I speculate that we will see The Guardian and the machine both being a terrifying and lethal red thread in the same way The Guardian alone did in The Dark Descent.

As for actual roaming monsters, I still think there will be more than one kind. Remember the first teaser? The hunting creature made terribly loud steps, while in the second teaser, you could saw something move real silently without a sound at all. Is this a machine, a monster, or both? At any rate, I doubt the thing shown in the first clip and the one in the second clip is the same thing. If it is, then my mind will be even more blown. As if that is even possible!

With The Chinese Room and Frictional Games? I am sure it is ...

--------

I'm sort of hoping, though I know that it's set in the same universe as 'The Dark Descent, that it's storyline and monsters, etc... has absolutely nothing to do with anything 'The Dark Descent.' No orbs, no Guardian, nothing of the sort. I know I've read some comments where people think it'd be cool if Daniel had a small role in it, but not me. Daniel's tale is over. This one is going to be Oswald's. But we'll have to wait and see Smile Either way, I'll be happy with it, I'm certain.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2013, 09:57 AM by sasaluvsamnesia7.)
02-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Find