Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
TiberiusBond Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(04-15-2013, 05:09 AM)Zaari Wrote: The website just changed again. (I might be late but I don't think I am.)

...you are Undecided

[Image: V642RRt.gif]
04-15-2013, 05:27 AM
Find
Zaari Offline

(04-15-2013, 05:27 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 05:09 AM)Zaari Wrote: The website just changed again. (I might be late but I don't think I am.)

...you are Undecided

aoh8gwietukhbn8ekhhaljskhLKDJSHGlkjshlurekhgq849ut

"Marzipan, darling."
04-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(04-15-2013, 06:01 AM)Zaari Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 05:27 AM)TiberiusBond Wrote:

...you are Undecided

aoh8gwietukhbn8ekhhaljskhLKDJSHGlkjshlurekhgq849ut
It's fine, I went through the same predicament as you.

Although, it was 12 pages ago. Tongue

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
04-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

I saw the new AAMFP content on their site, but I have not had a chance to comment yet. I do not know much to say other than it just feeling very eerie, though. I think it was all an accident that occured in Oswald's factory, but what kind? Also, did all of the children die? It really makes me wonder.

Nonetheless, it breaks my heart to read the current tease text on the site, seeing as the previous text introduced us to the poor children.

Edit: Also, I was thinking of something interesting. Do you think that there may be a reason why they are releasing these texts and teasers? I personally believe that it may have an affect on gameplay and aid in the amnesia experience. In the first game, Daniel was unable to forget absolutely everything. Although the Guardian might have assisted in forcing his memories back, I think very strong impressions may be the other reason why some memories lingered.

Take the texts we have been given so far, for instance. You have the part where Oswald was told about the joy and excessive help he has been for the poor children, giving them food, and one of the children made him a small gift which very well may have touched him so much as to make a strong impression on him. The latter text with the grave, well, do I have to explain why this can cause an extreme impression?

Perhaps they want us to faintly "remember" certain parts of his past when we start the game to simulate the amnesia effect. Very strong impressions that we yet have to puzzle together to find out exactly what has happened.

And now I am just thinking too deeply about things ... Anyway!

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2013, 08:57 AM by Diz.)
04-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Find
Scammel Offline

It's pretty clear that the motif of children is going to play a huge role in this, from the messages on the site to the shadows we've seen traipsing through the factory. It ties in rather well with the time period it's set in - Victorian literature saw a shift in the way society viewed children (due to works of those such as Dickens) and resulted in the conception of the idea of 'young innocence'. We also see extensive child labour reform in the period (mentioned in the first message, I believe). It's clear for me that they've done their research, lots of Victorian themes going on here.
04-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

Still nothing new about the game? *sigh*

I will go back in my cave now.

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Website Find
Randomguy9900 Offline

Threads: 3

(04-14-2013, 05:36 PM)Deep One Wrote: I think his illness caused the amnesia, not amnesia mixture.
In the first note you find in A:TDD Daniel tells himself he did it on purpose. He must have had the mixture because he caused the Amnesia himself.
04-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

(04-15-2013, 01:47 PM)Randomguy9900 Wrote:
(04-14-2013, 05:36 PM)Deep One Wrote: I think his illness caused the amnesia, not amnesia mixture.
In the first note you find in A:TDD Daniel tells himself he did it on purpose. He must have had the mixture because he caused the Amnesia himself.

Yeah we're talking about Oswald Mandus not Daniel

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
04-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Find
Randomguy9900 Offline

Threads: 3

Aha. That's what happens when you check only once or twice a day and try to follow everyone's conversations.
Btw, where's wubwub been? It's been a while since I've seen a post from the wonderful bastard.
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

I wish that Frictional and thechineseroom were more forthcoming with progress updates - naturally we don't want to push them to revealing an exact release date, but they could at least say if they still expect the game to release this quarter, what kinds of things are still being worked on (gameplay? graphics? sound?). Etc.

Their silence is ....... not exactly 'customer friendly'.
04-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Find