Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
Work in progress Amnesia: The Great Work [SEEKING TRANSLATORS]
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
RE: The Great Work [Ch. 1+2 - DEMO RELEASED]

Hey thanks, man! Big Grin Glad to hear you liked it!

Yeah the lever is really well hidden. My intent is to make it as difficult as possible without it becoming too frustrating to be fun. I was worried I crossed that line on several of those puzzles.

And yeah, good point on the colleague thing. I tried to add some screen effects to show shock, but for some reason I haven't been able to get them all to work.

06-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

RE: The Great Work [Ch. 1+2 - DEMO RELEASED]

Small update: Chapter 3 is entering alpha testing, with mapping and scripting complete. Unfortunately there are still a lot of custom models that need to be done before I can consider it complete. I will alpha test the crap out of this chapter in the meantime, since it's much more complicated than the last two.

06-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

RE: The Great Work [Ch. 3 - BETA TESTING]

Sorry for the extended triple post, but important announcement:

Chapter 3 is officially finished open for beta-testing! If you would like to beta-test this chapter (or the whole game so far), please post in this thread or message me! There are a few textures that are still missing that are noticeable, but my modeller is working on them.

Another small announcement, at the rate I'm currently going, I'm shooting for a tentative release date of December 1. I'm finishing about one chapter a month, so that gives me 4 months for the remaining chapters and setting aside one extra month for extensive beta-testing on the complete story.

07-07-2012, 04:38 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

(07-07-2012, 04:38 AM)Damascus Wrote: Sorry for the extended triple post, but important announcement:

Chapter 3 is officially finished open for beta-testing! If you would like to beta-test this chapter (or the whole game so far), please post in this thread or message me! There are a few textures that are still missing that are noticeable, but my modeller is working on them.

Another small announcement, at the rate I'm currently going, I'm shooting for a tentative release date of December 1. I'm finishing about one chapter a month, so that gives me 4 months for the remaining chapters and setting aside one extra month for extensive beta-testing on the complete story.
I'll consider beta-testing, especially as you haven't requested any music for that chapter or the following ones, yet. XD

07-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

I sent you a message on Skype about it but I guess you haven't gotten it yet!

I definitely would like you to play this chapter and see if there is any custom music you would like to add. :3

07-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

RE: The Great Work [Mapper's Block]

Well, I think I can safely say I have mapper's block. I've been sitting here staring at a half-finished map for a couple weeks now, but just can't summon the creative energy to flesh it out with particles, lights, and decals. I've got pretty much the whole area map and objects put in, it just looks so... unfinished.

If there are any experienced mappers out there who feel like giving me a hand I'd really appreciate it. I'm just not really sure how to proceed at the moment. I know where I'm going with my story, it's just the maps giving me problems.

08-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
MaGicBush Offline

Threads: 3

Wish I could help I have good experience with the Hammer editor but non yet with this one(havn't even opened it yet as I am trying to finish the game before I start modding, it's just so creepy and I tend to only play when I drink because of that lol). I was mostly posting here to tell you to keep up the good work and I look forward to playing the story when it's finished(I watched a Lets play video for a while, but want to play it by myself when your done)!
08-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

Well, Damascus, if you want, I can try to help with mapping. Smile Though I can't guarantee how much I can do scripting-wise since you have the story planned out. I'll send you a map I'm working on this evening as a "demo reel", if you will.

08-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

I can beta test that Chapter 3 right away!! Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
08-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Find
drunkmonk Offline

Threads: 7