Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[WIP] The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara *NEW UPDATE V1.8*
DragonRuins Offline

Threads: 4
RE: [WIP] The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara *UPDATE V1.4*

(03-25-2012, 02:31 AM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote: Dude, you have a LOT of updates on this map! Which is good, cause it shows that you really want it to be good. Big Grin
Yes, I do! Big Grin I at the very least plan on updating this story once a day. More if I have the time, and base if off of feed-back and what I end up putting into it.

[Image: 76561198012068277.png]
03-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Website Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

(03-25-2012, 02:46 AM)DragonRuins Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 02:31 AM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote: Dude, you have a LOT of updates on this map! Which is good, cause it shows that you really want it to be good. Big Grin
Yes, I do! Big Grin I at the very least plan on updating this story once a day. More if I have the time, and base if off of feed-back and what I end up putting into it.
That's great! Yes, I will try it out myself soon, and I will be sure to review it! Big Grin

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
03-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Find
DragonRuins Offline

(03-25-2012, 02:54 AM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote:
That's great! Yes, I will try it out myself soon, and I will be sure to review it! Big Grin
Thank you! Big Grin More feedback to base the next update off of.

03-25-2012, 03:08 AM
Website Find
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0

From what I'm seeing in the screenshots, you've definitely made those rooms seem less empty and more visually appealing, which is good
Seems you also decided to play around with the books on the shelves and mix up that variety a bit
Good job

I may run through it again later just to see it first hand

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2012, 03:21 AM by Kaizy.)
03-25-2012, 03:21 AM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

(03-25-2012, 03:08 AM)DragonRuins Wrote:
(03-25-2012, 02:54 AM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote:
Thank you! Big Grin More feedback to base the next update off of.
Hey. Sorry, I probably won't have it up by tonight but I will play it as soon as I can. And i can't use anymore smileys... Smiley overload!

03-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Find
xLePlay Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [WIP] The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara *NEW UPDATE V1.6*

Okay...

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtPGE8cN-J4
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgQpATlvcgg

Spoiler below!
The map was ok and the jumpscares were pretty good, but this frickin key... That made me really angry :'D And it was a little short. But after all it was good. I hope you make a longer one next time.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012, 12:05 AM by xLePlay.)
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Website Find
Kaizy Offline

RE: FINISHED The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara

Alright, so I replayed it since this is the finalized version

Spoiler below!
A few problems were fixed, mostly the aesthetic one I pointed out, so everything does indeed look nicer. There are a couple problems still rampant through the map. For one, I still have no idea what these randomly placed buttons are doing when pushed, nothing is ever stated on their purpose. Though I pushed the two in the small room that leads to the lab, and I wandered all over the room looking for a key or something I had missed, when the whole time, those two buttons I had pushed had randomly made a 3rd one appear in the dining room, and I had gotten no notification of such, thus leading to unneeded confusion. The library still contains that large unnecessary room. Also, another bug I noticed, when you leave the Lab, you exit from the Library door instead of the Lab door. Im not entirely sure what happened there. After you have the monster encounter in the Dungeon, the rest of the map is fairly uneventful, as no new monsters or scares happen. It basically becomes run here, make this, run there, open that; it makes the half the gameplay seem pointless and boring since there's nothing happening.

Basically my opinion hasn't changed, and your maps will still definitely need work, though it was good to see that you tried to make the map longer.

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
03-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Find
DragonRuins Offline

RE: FINISHED The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara

(03-27-2012, 03:06 AM)Kaizy Wrote: Alright, so I replayed it since this is the finalized version

Spoiler below!
A few problems were fixed, mostly the aesthetic one I pointed out, so everything does indeed look nicer. There are a couple problems still rampant through the map. For one, I still have no idea what these randomly placed buttons are doing when pushed, nothing is ever stated on their purpose. Though I pushed the two in the small room that leads to the lab, and I wandered all over the room looking for a key or something I had missed, when the whole time, those two buttons I had pushed had randomly made a 3rd one appear in the dining room, and I had gotten no notification of such, thus leading to unneeded confusion. The library still contains that large unnecessary room. Also, another bug I noticed, when you leave the Lab, you exit from the Library door instead of the Lab door. Im not entirely sure what happened there. After you have the monster encounter in the Dungeon, the rest of the map is fairly uneventful, as no new monsters or scares happen. It basically becomes run here, make this, run there, open that; it makes the half the gameplay seem pointless and boring since there's nothing happening.

Basically my opinion hasn't changed, and your maps will still definitely need work, though it was good to see that you tried to make the map longer.
I see what you mean here. I just may make this one "un-finalized" and work on what you've said here Smile

03-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Website Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

RE: [WIP] The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara *NEW UPDATE V1.7*

I can't wait to try your new map! Again, I will try to have this done by tonight! (but no promises...) Big Grin

03-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Find
Zenix Offline

RE: [WIP] The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara *NEW UPDATE V1.7*

I'm checking it out soon thanks to Rascals =P

0___o Youtube Channel Where did my pants go...
04-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Find