Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia costum story suche
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Amnesia costum story suche

This is an english community and as such you MUST speak english in here. It is extremely disrespectful for all the members to make a thread(WHICH IS FOR EVERYONE) in your native tongue. If FG wanted people to speak their native tongues they would have created a language specific forum. If you can't speak english there's something called member list and something else called PMs. Having a post in the middle of the thread answering another in your tongue is something, creating a thread in german is unnaceptable in such forum.(Visit Off-Topic if you need to do so)

I hope that this thread becomes an example for you people to start respecting all members and help keeping PUBLIC discussion topics PUBLIC.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012, 11:35 PM by nemesis567.)
04-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-09-2012, 11:34 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: This is an english community and as such you MUST speak english in here. It is extremely disrespectful for all the members to make a thread(WHICH IS FOR EVERYONE) in your native tongue. If FG wanted people to speak their native tongues they would have created a language specific forum. If you can't speak english there's something called member list and something else called PMs. Having a post in the middle of the thread answering another in your tongue is something, creating a thread in german is unnaceptable in such forum.(Visit Off-Topic if you need to do so)

I hope that this thread becomes an example for you people to start respecting all members and help keeping PUBLIC discussion topics PUBLIC.
I repeat: He's not trying to socialize - he's asking for help. (Apparently he's searching for My Little Pony stories.) He wasn't being disrespectful - I genuinely think that he thought that people spoke German like in the German dubbed movies. Would he not think that, he would have written in English, as that would have benefitted him more.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Find
Quotentote Offline

Threads: 23

here are enough german people stop this discussion -.-

Cruel ways 2: Something went wrong

04-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(04-10-2012, 12:49 AM)Quotentote Wrote: here are enough german people stop this discussion -.-
Even if there are, and from what I've seen there are quite a lot, which do you think will help your case more? Speaking a language that a good number of people are familiar with, or speaking a language which nearly ALL people understand to some extent?

Still, it baffles me why no one has tried answering xtottixlp's question yet, when people have already suggested Google Translate for an partial mean to understand him.

@xtottixlp: There aren't many custom stories centered around MLP completely, but here are two I've seen that at least have pony content in them:
The Surprise (This one has quite a bit)
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14052.html
A Laugh in The Darkness Chapter 1 (Cameo appearance only)
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-13907.html

For future reference, if you don't speak English you should use Google Translator, or get a friend to help you, so that we can understand you better.

Here's my post translated with Google for you:

Es gibt nicht viele eigene Geschichten rund um MLP zentriert vollständig, aber hier sind zwei, die ich gesehen habe, dass zumindest haben sie im Pony Inhalt:
Die Überraschung (Dieser hat ziemlich viel)
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14052.html

Ein Lachen in der Dunkelheit Kapitel 1 (Cameo-Auftritt nur)
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-13907.html

Für die Zukunft, wenn Sie kein Englisch sprechen, sollten Sie Google Translator, oder sich einen Freund, Ihnen zu helfen, damit wir Sie besser verstehen.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012, 04:34 AM by Kreekakon.)
04-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Find
Frankiescou Offline

Threads: 5

Yes, instead of fighting over here we should help this member.

My YouTube!
Oatmeal? ARE YOU CRAZY?!
04-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Website Find
Quotentote Offline

Threads: 23

google translator for the win.. xD that translation made me laugh so hard Big Grin

Cruel ways 2: Something went wrong

04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-10-2012, 04:33 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Still, it baffles me why no one has tried answering xtottixlp's question yet, when people have already suggested Google Translate for an partial mean to understand him.
Well, no matter what language you speak, I won't help you find MLP stories. Dodgy

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(04-10-2012, 05:40 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Well, no matter what language you speak, I won't help you find MLP stories. Dodgy
As members of a community we should have an obligation to help other members in anyway they can, as long as it doesn't go against the general good, or forum rules. If he was asking where he could find Uwe Boll fansites, despite my speculation as why the hell he would want to, I would still help him find them.

04-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Find
AnthonyTrix Offline

Threads: 5

Help this guy out instead of bitching about his language?
(04-10-2012, 05:40 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(04-10-2012, 04:33 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: Still, it baffles me why no one has tried answering xtottixlp's question yet, when people have already suggested Google Translate for an partial mean to understand him.
Well, no matter what language you speak, I won't help you find MLP stories. Dodgy
You sound butthurt.

No offense.

(04-09-2012, 11:34 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: This is an english community and as such you MUST speak english in here. It is extremely disrespectful for all the members to make a thread(WHICH IS FOR EVERYONE) in your native tongue. If FG wanted people to speak their native tongues they would have created a language specific forum. If you can't speak english there's something called member list and something else called PMs. Having a post in the middle of the thread answering another in your tongue is something, creating a thread in german is unnaceptable in such forum.(Visit Off-Topic if you need to do so)

There is no rule that says you MUST speak English, but it's easier to help when they speak in a language we all understand.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM by AnthonyTrix.)
04-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(04-10-2012, 06:40 PM)AnthonyTrix Wrote: There is no rule that says you MUST speak English, but it's easier to help when they speak in a language we all understand.
Indeed, the point here is that speaking in English will be able to reach a wider range of people, and more likely have your problem be solved.

04-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Find