Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plates keep exploding
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Plates keep exploding

I'm trying to make a table that can be flipped and drug around so I changed the table's entity to a drag object, and gave it a mass of 50. Then I set it in the level and changed its dimensions to make it the size of a dinner table.

Now however, I can't put anything breakable on it. Any plates or potted plants or what have you immediately explode even when they're put directly on the table. Why could this keep happening?

04-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Plates keep exploding

(04-12-2012, 05:09 AM)Damascus Wrote: I'm trying to make a table that can be flipped and drug around so I changed the table's entity to a drag object, and gave it a mass of 50. Then I set it in the level and changed its dimensions to make it the size of a dinner table.

Now however, I can't put anything breakable on it. Any plates or potted plants or what have you immediately explode even when they're put directly on the table. Why could this keep happening?
It's not unheard of in games, for stuck objects to build up enough trapped force and vibration, to smash anything it comes into contact with. Maybe you've placed the table inside the floor, or maybe it's burrowing into the floor because it's simply over a certain mass limit. Try placing the table an inch off the ground and lowering its mass, and see if things work out then.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Why not use the movable table alrdy in the game?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
04-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The obvious solution isn't messing around with the table, it's messing around with the plates and pots. Edit them so that they require more effort to break.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 03:54 PM by Your Computer.)
04-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Website Find