Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you listen to Rap ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
35.71%
15 35.71%
no...
64.29%
27 64.29%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rap Anyone ?
KeenPeachK Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Rap Anyone ?

I love all types of music. Even rap. Though, honestly, a lot of modern rap is a bit....pointless? Like, many artists don't have an actual direction and aren't really SAYING anything anymore. It seems as if they rap about things other rappers rap about just because it's popular and has gotten those other artists money and not because they genuinely have life experiences. Or, maybe it just seems that way because the whole "raised in the ghetto and got shot at" is so common in the hip hop industry.

Or, they rap about shit that makes no sense.

Despite this, though, I do like rap but tend to listen to a lot of older artists along with a few modern ones.

My favorites are probably Notorious B.I.G., Common, Busta Rhymes, Bone Thugs N Harmony, and Eminem.

My roommate likes two rap artists named Dessa and POS and not only do they rap well but they rap INTELLIGENTLY, so you should check them out. Smile

Otherwise, I like classic rock, power metal, jrock, classical (especially from the baroque period), R&B, jpop and kpop...pretty much everything.

I'm not a huge fan of country but I think that, for me, it depends on the song.

04-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I normally don't listen to rap, but as a musician I can see the beauty and appreciate the technique behind it although I have never enjoyed it as much as other genres I listen to (folk and rock being my favorite). The only rappers I like is probably Eminem and what's-his-face from some early Gorillaz songs (Russ' friend I believe he is).

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012, 10:37 AM by eliasfrost.)
04-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

Ya i used to listen to eminem a lot until Im Not Afraid he turned even more popular and Space Bound just sounds way to poppy...
B.I.G is great artist too (i think he could beat Eminem in freestyle battle)
Nowdays I hate rappers such as Tyga , Cory Gunz , Wiz Khalifa and Lil Wayne most of the time...
They just rap about money and bitches while Nas , Ice Cube and CanIBus were dissing one of the greatest artists back then and they simply didnt give a shit about money and bitches.

lol noobs
04-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Find
TGST Offline

Threads: 2

Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Eyedea, Cage, Matisyahu.. etc. There are some really good rap/hip-hop artists out there. Hate towards a genre as a whole is just silly. Complaining about being "mainstream" is pretty ridiculous too, you should just listen to everything you like.
So what if the song is playing on MTV/Radio all the time? Shouldn't affect your opinion.
04-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Yes, but I also listen to pretty much every other genre of music as well.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2012, 04:24 PM by Yuhaney.)
04-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Website Find
she Offline

Threads: 0

i listen to rap sparingly (then again, i listen to pretty much everything), but i'm more of a trip-hop person, myself.

[Image: f59ljn.gif]
04-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Website Find
xLePlay Offline

Threads: 3

Well,

I don't like rap that much but sometimes I listen to it.

My favorite rappers?

1. Eminem (English)
2. DCVDNS (German)
3. Sido (German)
4. GENETIKK (German)

Normally I listen to Dubstep Smile

1. Datsik
2. Excision
3. Cookie Monsta
4. Downlink

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2012, 11:49 AM by xLePlay.)
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Website Find
mrgamerscode Offline

Threads: 1

i love rap my favorite group is odd future
05-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

damn, you guys are soo mainstream xD

my favourite are:

Fu-schnickens
Beastie boys
Eric b. rakim
DMX
Big daddy kane
Young MC
Nas
Eazy E

and Ultramagnetic.

Straight from the 70's/80's back when rap wasn't about hoes! (well most of it)

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
06-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

People seems like we have Slim Shady back !
Here is Hopsin

He is a new rapper who was never heard before because he was with Eazy-E's wife (she was very bad at her label)
He even said that he was inspired by Eminem , but on interview he said that Em's has fell off with his new songs , as he wanted him to be Slim not this new sell-out.
He has dissed Soulja Boy , Lupe Fiasco , The Game , Lil B , Novi Novak , Lil Wayne , Drake , Nicki Minaj , Tyler The Creator and has callobrated with Tech N9ne and B.o.B.
Very few have dissed him back , such as Tyler (but only on an interview) , The Game (by wearing same Contacts as Hopsin) and Novi Novak has dissed him but now he is basically destroyed after Hopsin's new diss called "Dont tell Smokey Doe!" .
His flow is 9'5/10
His lyrics is 10/10 (just listen to Nocturnal Rainbows or Kill Her)
His punchlines 10/10 (the video I posted tells you enough why)
His style is 9/10 (because he is kinda taking Slim's style , but Slim took his from Masta Ace)
Callobrating and Fans 8/10 (he doesnt have many fans YET , and also has only made songs with SwizZz and he is going to be on R.A the Rugged Man's new album !
Tell me what you think of him Big Grin

lol noobs
06-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Find