Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New aluminum iMac 24" - texture problems
Buckie Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago New aluminum iMac 24" - texture problems

Guys!
I've written by email but got no response.
Anyway, is there a way to make the game look as it's supposed to be?
I have numerous problems with textures in different places - from annoying flickering to completely missing or misaligned textures.
When the focus shifts to some object the screen gets blurry (I guess that's intended) and divided in two halves and flickers. Yuck. Is there a patch in the works or some workaround for that?
I'm on 10.5.1 now.
Would be glad to provide any further info if required.

Thanks for a truly great game, but texture problems ruin it big deal. Hope you'll have it fixed.
01-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: New aluminum iMac 24" - texture problems

Buckie,

Sorry about not getting back with you.

This is a known issue and it also affects Windows and Linux w/ the ATI HD cards. We are working on resolving the issue.

Have you tried turning off Post Effects to see if that resolves some of the issues?
Also, can you provide screen shots?

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
01-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Website Find
Buckie Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: New aluminum iMac 24" - texture problems

Urkle Wrote:Buckie,

Sorry about not getting back with you.

This is a known issue and it also affects Windows and Linux w/ the ATI HD cards. We are working on resolving the issue.

Have you tried turning off Post Effects to see if that resolves some of the issues?
Also, can you provide screen shots?

Ah, I see. Here are the screenshots, I'll try turning off the post effects now...
I'm holding a flashlight that is on and these yellow dots are from the flashlight. There is supposed to be a security door here, but I don't see it (just feel it).
PS. No, the post effects switch made no difference.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 10:26 PM by topdod.)
01-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Does switching to medium or low shader quality work?
01-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Find
Dmaster Offline

Threads: 0

I Poste my Screen here i have a Alu iMac20" whit the Ati HD 2600
The textures Flicker an Jumps Left and Right , i have set to Very Low an
no Textures Flickers an the Game have no Athmosphere whit this Option Smile

[Image: bild1yu7.th.png]
01-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Find
Buckie Offline

Thomas Wrote:Does switching to medium or low shader quality work?

No, it doesn't really work. Medium and Low shaders are almost identical (see darker screenshots) and "very low" just makes everything daylit.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2008, 11:14 PM by topdod.)
01-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Find
TimBioSS Offline

Same problem on my iMac 24"

The strange thing is that texture issues only happen in the dark. When textures are lightened, they don't flick anymore. Here are few comparison screenshots showing the problem. It let me think it's a shader issue.
01-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Find
Gazbrad Offline

Yeah I've got a iMac 24" as well with all the same symptoms. Texture going crazy etc. and changing texture preferences doesn't do a thing.

I've lived with it up until a certain part of the game where I'm in the Excavation spiders tunnel. Now I'm stumped because I can't see where I'm going because of the floor texture. I guess it's supposed to be just a floor with maybe fog, who knows, but as soon as I go downstairs I get blown sky high.

This is a great game guys but at this stage my iMac graphics card doesn't like it. Help! I'd love to carry on.

For reference this is the iMac's graphics capabilities. Is it enough?

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro:

Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9583
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B2250F-219
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.219
01-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Find
Kzintar Offline

I'm also having major problems with textures on a 24" iMac (aluminum). I'm in section C, trying to find the keypad to unlock the door. The lower 3/4rds of the room is all tan/grey. I've turned the shaders, etc., off, with no positive effect.

Aside from a fix to the game, can anyone tell me where the keypad is? Is it left, right, etc., of the security door? A description & screen shot showing the position of the keypad relative to the security door might do the trick.

Thanks!
01-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Find
Buckie Offline

Kzintar Wrote:I'm also having major problems with textures on a 24" iMac (aluminum). I'm in section C, trying to find the keypad to unlock the door. The lower 3/4rds of the room is all tan/grey. I've turned the shaders, etc., off, with no positive effect.

Aside from a fix to the game, can anyone tell me where the keypad is? Is it left, right, etc., of the security door? A description & screen shot showing the position of the keypad relative to the security door might do the trick.

Thanks!

It's a bit off to the left. Look around and you will eventually stumble upon it.
You will probably have to wait for the patch to finish the game anyway because a bit further into the mine there's a place where you have to jump around and you don't see anything. I managed to get across the chasm after a hundred falls but getting back is next to impossible.
01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Find