Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multi textures on one object and other
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Multi textures on one object and other

Hi, I'm using ATI Radeon HD2600XT 512 Mb (latest drivers 7.12), Athlon x2 5600+ (2,6 Ghz), 2 Gb dddr2 RAM on XP and experience strange glitches (look at the attachments). I'm pretty sure it's ATI fault, but i may be wrong. So, the first picture is how most of the objects in game are drawn. Second picture is how the situation changes when the light source is near. Third picture shows that everything becomes (almost) as it should be when checking any object. And the last picture shows this brown-grey-ish textures that may sometimes appear. This "sometimes" turned into "everything is brown" after i tried to load an old savegame i made on my previous PC config. I'm just wondering, maybe it has something to do with the option of "geometry instancing" being always turned on on the latest ATI GPUs. And yes, i have tried all rendering options, different videocard options (including turning everything off, catalyst a.i. as well, and setting everything to max), reinstalled the game and tried playing it on 7.11 catalyst version.
P.S. I didn't try to play on the retail version, though, only after applying the 1.02 patch and 1.03 beta...
P.P.S. Oh, and with all this fun i forgot to mention flickering which appears in the places where textures are otherwise normal, like the small spider caves where you need to find the ladder to go back up.
01-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Website Find
Klarden Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Multi textures on one object and other

Wow, a lot of traffic in here Oo.
Whatever, just updating - recently installed catalyst 8.1, no positive change. The same glitch, but now it changes as the character moves
01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Website Find
Ezaiany Offline

Threads: 2

I have exactly the same problem. Running on Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3850 512MB. I've tried everything I could think of including updating Catalyst and drivers to the latest, turning various setting on and off both in the game menu and in Catalyst Control Center. Nothing ever worked.

Strange thing is, I remember that these graphical problems didn't occur in the first Penumbra and neither did they happen in the unpatched version of Penumbra Tech Demo. Maybe the patch is to be blamed here? I'm running out of ideas.
02-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Find
Klarden Offline

Well, dev's have already stated that HD Radeon series have problems with both games. (i've myself tested it with Black Plague demo already)
BTW i've upgraded to HD3850 myself and 8.2 didn't change the situation either)
My old X800GTO played the game nicely but it was almost after the game was released, so i don't know how it would handle the game now - with new catalyst drivers.
Lets just hope that HD dev's ordered arrives soon and they will find out what the problem is.
02-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Website Find