Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

tools for the community?
derailed Offline

Threads: 1
tools for the community?

hi guys.

wondering if you'll be releasing any tools with the box or after black plague ships? for level designers and so on. this seems like the perfect game/engine for a potential mod community to screw around in and make custom missions/stories for. I know I'm really interested

(I posted this exact same thread on the paradox forum aswell-- not trying to be annoying or anything, just realised there was a frictional forum aswell right after I made that thread)

mvh,
derailed/norway.
01-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: tools for the community?

There is mod tools for Overture. Windex is currently making one. I am sure they will release the updated HPL tools after Black Plague ships.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

derailed Wrote:hi guys.

wondering if you'll be releasing any tools with the box or after black plague ships? for level designers and so on. this seems like the perfect game/engine for a potential mod community to screw around in and make custom missions/stories for. I know I'm really interested

(I posted this exact same thread on the paradox forum aswell-- not trying to be annoying or anything, just realised there was a frictional forum aswell right after I made that thread)

mvh,
derailed/norway.

Haha, my project is on hold right now.

There are tools right now; they work with both Penumbra Tech Demo (2006) and Penumbra Overture (2007)

When Black Plague came out, the tools from the Tech Demo didn't work correctly, and that stunted alot of potential modding. Eventually (with alot of bitching and moaning) they released the updated tools.

So it'll probably be the same when Black Plague is released.

The HPL tools aren't required in order to mod penumbra; but they really help you out.
You can not create things (besides stats for HUD models, and create/edit particles) with the HPL tools. You need a 3-d modeling program for that, such as Maya or 3dMax

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
01-28-2008, 10:30 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

derailed Wrote:mvh,
derailed/norway.
What does "mvh" mean? Is it English or just Norway-ish? In Swedish it's "mycket vänliga hälsningar" wich means "very kind regards".

Windex Glow Wrote:When Black Plague came out
Oh, yeah. You mean that game that was released about two years ago, in 2008? (wink)

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Find
derailed Offline

Threads: 1

Kedjane Wrote:
derailed Wrote:mvh,
derailed/norway.
What does "mvh" mean? Is it English or just Norway-ish? In Swedish it's "mycket vänliga hälsningar" wich means "very kind regards".

oh yeah. heh oops. med vennlig hilsen. Smile
02-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Find
Skaruts Offline

Threads: 11

med vennlig hilsen

Smile and that means...???

Sorry, is that I'm portuguese. The only ish thing I know is english. Wink

EDIT: Sorry about the off-topic.
02-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Find