Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Crashing each time i go into storage room
comkeen Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crashing each time i go into storage room

Hi. I recently bought penumbra: overture on my macbook pro.
The game crashes and goes to os x each time i go into the storage room on the first part of the game. Sometimes it crashes the exact time i click on the door. Other times i can walk around in the room for a short time until it crashes. What should i do?
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crashing each time i go into storage room

I seem to recall someone else having the same problem, but unfortunately I can't find the thread or email about it. I think it was solved without too much trouble.

You can try to repair the disk permissions on the hard drive. Use disk utility and select the drive, then click on the repair disk permission button. That solved some other crashing problem, but not sure it will solve this one.
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Website Find
comkeen Offline

Threads: 1

Okey, i tried to do what you said, but it didn't work... [/u]
01-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Run the game and when it crashes do this:

Click on the more info or show crash log button or something similar, this should open the Console. Click the loggs button then ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter and select the penumbra.crash.log and save as.

also

Go to ~/Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra Overture/Episode1/ and grab the hpl.log file and send it to us here.

OR if you don't want to do a lot of log fetching you could try these things:

Have you tried replaying the game from the start? To see if something has been messed up with the saves.

If that did not help, maybe there is something wrong with the settings. Go to
~/Library/Preferences/Frictional Games/Penumbra Overture/Episode1/ and delete the settings.cfg file and then start the game again and see what that does.

You could also try and edit the settings.cfg with a text editor and set UseThreading="True" to UseThreading="False", this setting has in the past been responsible for crashes. That was long ago, but you never know.

You could also try and go to Applications/Penumbra Overture Episode 1/core/cache/ and delete the file "level01_04_old_storage.collcach" then go back to your last save and try to enter the storage level again.

If that didn't work, delete the whole game and install it again from the disk image.
01-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Website Find