Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

object problems!
HeroBiX Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago object problems!

Hello!

I brought the game today, run into some problems

I am running on:
an Intel iMac
2.0 Ghz Dual Core
2 GB ram
Mac OSX 10.5.1

In the start on the boat, I have hard time grabbing the glowing stick, in the locker, and the flash light in the drawer

I grabbed them after a long time of struggling and almost some swearing =) have to mind my languish in front of my iMac Tongue
anyway, that grabbing problem continues on small object, not on barriels for example. But now I got into the "dunegon", but I can not use hammer, becuse I guess what I should do is use the hammer to break through the "old" wood part to get through. The room to the left after you entering the dungeon =)
02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Find
ced117 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: object problems!

wow, does this happen with the demo too ?
02-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Website Find
Gazbrad Offline

Threads: 0

I had that problem at first on my iMac 24" but I realised I was running the wrong screen resolution. Changed it and I could get the items no problem. Chances are it's too high in the in game-settings, lower it a notch and it may help.

What I did with the shelves to get through to the hole at the back was to prise them apart with the metal bar which you pick up in the other dungeon room. Eventually I created a big enough space to get through. The hammer, as you said, doesn't break the wooden shelves, unless someone found out otherwise. Good luck, it's fun.
02-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Find
HeroBiX Offline

I will try the ide with resolution when I get home!

But I can really use the hammer, have it on my inventory but I can't use it any way

same with the metal bar, maybe thats I am so bad at it! but, I get the metal bar, red first, but when I hold it over a barriel it turns white and says, "dont think so" "time to start thinking"
Am I really bad at it or =)
02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

the hammer is a special item so double click the hammer in the inventory to "arm" it and then you hold down left mouse button and move the mouse left/right or back and forth to swing it.

to move the shelf infront of the hole you grab it and move the character with the movement keys to drag the shelf out of the way.
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Website Find
HeroBiX Offline

it dosn't arm when I double klick oO I dont get anything thats tells me that I got it armed

i know that =) moved around them alot Wink
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Find
HeroBiX Offline

everything works fine =)

change the resolution to 1280x800 =)

and damn it's scary oO

Thanks!
02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Find
saikomango Offline

Threads: 0

ah, i'm having the same problem! i downloaded the demo and played around with it last night, everything worked fine. i started it up again this morning, and the pointer is way off. when i try to grab something, i have to move the pointer about 2 inches away, relatively. i also cannot use the hammer, and i do double-click it. this is really bothersome, because it did work fine yesterday. i restarted it several times this morning, and it never fixed itself. ><
03-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

It's some problem with the resolution setting, try another resolution and see if that helps
03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Website Find