Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Vote(s) - 3.68 Average
Tenebris Lake Full Conversion
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion

(06-15-2012, 04:20 AM)CarlieO Wrote: Okay. I didn't overwrite anything. I put the Tenebris Lake folder in the redist folder and did all the change of launch options on steam and it didn't work. I don't know what I did wrong. This stuff makes my brain hurt lol. Maybe I'll just stick to custom stories. I know I can get them to show up and work. Confused
So I downloaded it... I was under the impression that this was a fully isolated conversion, but I guess it's not. Well in that case, you should extract the contents of tenebrislake.rar to the redist folder (it'll ask you if you want to merge certain folders if you do this right, say yes, but still if it asks you to overwrite anything say no, this means you did something wrong and it will mess up your game if you let it overwrite those files). Then follow the instructions I gave before, but instead put in "tenebrislake_config/main_init.cfg" in the launch options.

Posting Freak
06-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Website Find
Xen0 Offline

Threads: 0

(06-14-2012, 11:04 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 12:05 PM)Xen0 Wrote: Ok,here is a picture of this Black Box

[Image: BlackBox.png]
:O I think you have the exact same black box as me.

At least we know now it's not just me!!!
Okay,but what can I do?
06-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

If anyone is having trouble running the game, I'd be happy to take a quick look at what might be wrong over Teamviewer.

Can't promise I'll fix it, but if you think you're new and need help it couldn't hurt.

06-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Find
Xen0 Offline

(06-15-2012, 11:57 AM)SUMMER^ Wrote: If anyone is having trouble running the game, I'd be happy to take a quick look at what might be wrong over Teamviewer.

Can't promise I'll fix it, but if you think you're new and need help it couldn't hurt.
Hey can you help me?
Please add me in Skype Smile
daniel.m.9
06-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Find
CarlieO Offline

(06-15-2012, 06:01 AM)kman Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 04:20 AM)CarlieO Wrote: Okay. I didn't overwrite anything. I put the Tenebris Lake folder in the redist folder and did all the change of launch options on steam and it didn't work. I don't know what I did wrong. This stuff makes my brain hurt lol. Maybe I'll just stick to custom stories. I know I can get them to show up and work. Confused
So I downloaded it... I was under the impression that this was a fully isolated conversion, but I guess it's not. Well in that case, you should extract the contents of tenebrislake.rar to the redist folder (it'll ask you if you want to merge certain folders if you do this right, say yes, but still if it asks you to overwrite anything say no, this means you did something wrong and it will mess up your game if you let it overwrite those files). Then follow the instructions I gave before, but instead put in "tenebrislake_config/main_init.cfg" in the launch options.
Okay so I extracted the contents to the redist folder and it didn't ask to merge or overwrite anything. It just made the tenebris lake folders like this: maps-1. All of them like that. Can I just merge them myself?

I thought it was working but it came up with a fatal error because it couldn't find the maps.

Edit: I just went ahead and merged them myself and I got it working now. Thank you for all your help! And thanks for teaching me a few things along the way too! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 02:18 PM by CarlieO.)
06-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Find
Atganos Offline

Threads: 2

I can't download it from GameFront, it always crashes. :/

Is it possible to download it from Mediafire if anyone knows the link?
06-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Find
Aquous Offline

Hi Smile

Your mod looks very nice but it has at least two issues:

1) it uses hard-coded paths, which is a curse to everyone not having his Amnesia folder located at E:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist

2) after fixing that, it stil doesn't work. when clicking 'New Game' it just hangs at the loading screen forever. hpl.log does not contain anything interesting Sad

If you think I can help you debug this, let me know what to do. BTW, I'm on Linux. Sorry.
06-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Find
Measuring Offline

Threads: 16

(06-18-2012, 07:34 PM)Aquous Wrote: Hi Smile

Your mod looks very nice but it has at least two issues:

1) it uses hard-coded paths, which is a curse to everyone not having his Amnesia folder located at E:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist

2) after fixing that, it stil doesn't work. when clicking 'New Game' it just hangs at the loading screen forever. hpl.log does not contain anything interesting Sad

If you think I can help you debug this, let me know what to do. BTW, I'm on Linux. Sorry.
Hello there!

1) Nope, it does not. Since the engine searches the folders within the amnesia install. I wasnt even made with the retail version (the one with redist) we used the steam version.
2) I don't know if this mod works on linux since we have not tested it. So i can't help you with that part, i only know Windows. Maybe somone else can fix this problem.

The Facility
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012, 08:05 PM by Measuring.)
06-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Find
nos0323 Offline

did you make the trailer song yourself?? (just wondering)
but wow this actually looks really good!! I think imma play it haha
06-19-2012, 04:01 AM
Find
Imevil23 Offline

Threads: 23

Sorry about the delay in getting these videos out...

BTW I like this mod! Big Grin

06-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Find