Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

WTF with all the ponies?
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: WTF with all the ponies?

Please not this thread again.

Please.

Posting Freak
05-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Its pretty stupid.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

05-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Website Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

If you like ponies, cool.
Like making custom stories about them, cool.
If you're a four-headed alien with 12 fingers, that's nice.
Stop complaining about what people like and judging them. Just ignore it and don't play the stories. Problem solved.
These threads are like if you wore a pink shirt to school, and everyone that knew you posted a new status on Facebook or whateverthefuck about how stupid pink shirts are and "OMG WHY DO PEOPLE WEAR THEM?" it's insulting.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
05-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Find
Gijake1 Offline

Threads: 2

(05-23-2012, 06:51 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 04:36 PM)bagobonez Wrote: I know this probably aint the place for it, but what the **** with all this my little pony crap? I guess I don't get it.
Basically it's men who hasn't figured out women yet. They think they'll get into panties by having something in common with girls, "forever alone", et.c..
So.

An interest of a show designated to little children and family suddenly makes you in common with girls?

...Please, don't make me laugh. Tongue

Testosterone has nothing to do with this either; that's just looking for an excuse to hate.

To explain, most people immediately cringe at, so to say, "cute". The reason for the show for being so popular, is because one of the producers was Lauren Faust. She was in the production of the Power Puff Girls and The Fosters Home of Imaginary Friends.

The shows writing is awesome, they have laughable jokes, and it's nothing like the other mindless cartoons on TV these days.

It shows genuine effort. It's nothing like the other generations... Nothing like the horrid... G3.5....

True, most bronies go a bit, TOO far; yet I don't mind them.

I think I wasted too much time posting this.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 01:52 AM by Gijake1.)
05-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(05-24-2012, 01:51 AM)Gijake1 Wrote: Testosterone has nothing to do with this either; that's just looking for an excuse to hate.
Hate? A flood of obnoxious and retarded pony pictures is always annoying, but the only time I hated MLP was when I forced myself to actually watch the pilot episode, so that people wouldn't accuse me of being ignorant of the show.
You've abandoned manliness, and given me all the girls to mate with. I don't hate you - I'm grateful. Thank you.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Find
Gijake1 Offline

Threads: 2

(05-24-2012, 01:58 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-24-2012, 01:51 AM)Gijake1 Wrote: Testosterone has nothing to do with this either; that's just looking for an excuse to hate.
Hate? A flood of obnoxious and retarded pony pictures is always annoying, but the only time I hated MLP was when I forced myself to actually watch the pilot episode, so that people wouldn't accuse me of being ignorant of the show.
You've abandoned manliness, and given me all the girls to mate with. I don't hate you - I'm grateful. Thank you.
Look out kids, middle school insults. Insulting a man's manliness is pretty shallow. Dodgy But, go ahead, you would of gotten the girls even if I didn't watch the show. I have always been undecided and asexual.

But, I guess I can agree, ponies appearing 24/7 is pretty annoying. Plus, only watching one or two episodes isn't very good to judge on. Try watching some of the better and/or funnier episodes, like "Party of One", "Lesson Zero", or the season 2 opener and finale.

And now, to avoid upsetting anyone any futher, I shall take my leave.
05-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

MLP is exactly like Pewdiepie:

Don't hate the show/person, hate the immature/annoying fan base. MLP is just like every other kids show, (Ed Edd & Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Power Puff Girls etc.) they use their pilot to get the show a spot on television, then they expand on the content to appeal to a wider demographic and make more money.

It's how all "kids" shows work. You can't tell how good something is from its first episode. I've watched the first few episodes of MLP, it was funny/cute/whatever, but I rank it no higher than every other show I watch because I'm not one of the mindless/obsessed "bronies" or whatever they're called; I'm too busy tending to my life to obsess over a TV show that hard (no offense to MLP fans).

I rate it 3 memes.
05-24-2012, 04:14 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I watched a few of the first episodes from the first season. Mainly because I loved the PPG when I was a kid, it was kind of nostalgic to watch something from the same creator years later. I don't make any crappy jump scare maps though. Tongue

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
05-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

I watched a couple of the new MLP episodes and...Well, I simply don't get the hype at all :/
...But Pinkie Pie's No Fear song is way too catchy!

Did voice acting for:
- My Love.
- Painful Shadows.
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Find
SquigPie Offline

Threads: 0

It's part of a NAMBLA campaign.

Or well, NAMGLA.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2012, 10:32 AM by SquigPie.)
05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Find