Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

WTF with all the ponies?
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9
RE: WTF with all the ponies?

Look what I found O.o
Spoiler below!

05-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Aaaaand anti-brony thread. Am I surprised? No. Alas, not many people can tell the difference between a brony and a ponyfag. After all, there is a difference. There are bronies like me who actually aren't all "Omg I wanna bone a pony"
No. That's a ponyfag. It's the people who take the show waaaaay too far. And I am ashamed because of them. One of those "rotten apple" things.
I can understand the ire of people who don't understand MLP. The same thing is going around with this Avatar and Legend of Korra thing. I see it everywhere, and I don't watch it. Sure, it gets annoying, but it's the internet. Fads come and go.
Some men like to attack the bronies for what they watch. "You watch a show for little girls, you're not a man, you're gay", etc etc. That's fine. For every fanbase, there's an anti-fanbase. Much like Pewdiepie. Personally, I don't enjoy watching his videos. Some people do. That's all fine and dandy. Yet, the Pewdifags (as I will now call them) came running (trying to count to potato, perhaps) onto the forums and flooded it with their crap. A bad representation of his fans, and it kind of changed everyone's perspective on the fanbase.

TL;DR
[Image: 36ftjl.jpg]

05-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(05-27-2012, 05:20 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Aaaaand anti-brony thread. Am I surprised? No. Alas, not many people can tell the difference between a brony and a ponyfag. After all, there is a difference. There are bronies like me who actually aren't all "Omg I wanna bone a pony". No. That's a ponyfag. It's the people who take the show waaaaay too far.
And I am ashamed because of them. One of those "rotten apple" things.
I am a proud fan of MLP AKA brony, and I agree with what Obliviator has to say very much. There's nothing wrong with liking a show as long as you don't spread it everywhere like cancer. If other people are fans as well, or willing to listen, we'll bring it up with them. If they don't like it, the reasonable thing to do is to not shove it in their faces. Anyone who fails to do this is at fault I agree, but the entire brony community shouldn't be condemned because of them.

EDIT:@SquigPie: I agree that the word brony isn't 100% necessary, from my point of view it's just an interesting alternative to the simple phrase "fan of MLP", and I leave it at that.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 05:49 PM by Kreekakon.)
05-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
SquigPie Offline

Threads: 0

Obliviator, you're the kind of guy who bursts into a room and tells everyone to stop using the general definition of a word and use your own instead, ponyfag is just the 4chan word for a brony, and in popular opinion, brony= Fanatic horsehumper. Then there's the fans, who're normal people and don't need a stupid word like "brony" to sit around a circle and jerk over.
05-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

No, we don't hate you because we misunderstand you or confuse you with furries. You are free to bang ponies, foxes, housecats, babies, cars, whatever - I personally don't care where you stick it as long as you don't stick it in me. We hate you (In my case just pity you.) because you're a ponyfag. "Fag" as in rainbow-loving, flanders-minded, reality-shunning, immature, spoiled waste, who thinks that life is rape-free and undemanding. Somebody who loved Twillight because they want to live in a fantasy world that centers around them, and can't cope with anything else. That's a fag. I don't care that you're into ponies. I "care" because your mind can't deal with the real world, probably because of overprotective mothers who didn't prepare you for it.
It's disgusting. I'd rather see an open head wound than a cartoon pony farting rainbows, because at least an open head wound is real. I can expect you to like MLP if you're a little girl, but otherwise you need to grow the fuck up fast, or you'll end up a rapefag, who complains that you walked naked down the street one day, and then the "baddies" came and raped you, because they mistook you for a little girl.
...so it's not about us simply having "a different taste". Living in a fantasy world is harmful to your development, and you choose to stay retarded in this development because you don't give a shit about reality - all you want is your narcissistic fantasy.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 06:16 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
05-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

(05-27-2012, 05:47 PM)SquigPie Wrote: Obliviator, you're the kind of guy who bursts into a room and tells everyone to stop using the general definition of a word and use your own instead, ponyfag is just the 4chan word for a brony, and in popular opinion, brony= Fanatic horsehumper. Then there's the fans, who're normal people and don't need a stupid word like "brony" to sit around a circle and jerk over.
I care to disagree. There is nothing wrong with feeling like the tag of "Brony" applies to you. It's just the same as calling yourself a "gamer" as opposed to "an individual who plays and enjoys video games".
[Image: entrepreneur.jpg?w=620&h=380&crop=1&h=380]
It's really quite simple. Take the previous gamer example. I'm sure we all know somebody who tags themselves as a gamer and plays Call of Duty. That's it. Not a gamer.
Or perhaps one could picture the stereotypical World of Warcraft player. Fat, greasy, no job, no girlfriend, and has some sort of lisp. I met a gentleman with such qualities. However, these people do not sum up a group of people. The term ponyfag is given to people who are painfully obsessed with My Little Pony, who post pictures, write and read fanfics, have waaaaay too much merchandise, and probably jerk it to Rule 34. The undesirables, if you will. Terminology is all rather interchangeable.

05-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

@Cranky: I agree, and disagree with you to a certain degree. I agree with the fact that you should not center your WHOLE life around a fantasy world, and not do anything else. It indeed isn't real, and you should refrain from doing so.

What I disagree with is that you're assuming that because we like this show we center our whole lives around it, and can't face reality in comparison to the colorful pony world. To us (Or at least me), it is simply an interest we take up in our free time, no different from other hobbies like video games, Harry Potter, or Iron Man. We still live our lives normally when we're meant to be living them. We just look at MLP as one of the many forms of leisure that is practiced upon in free time.
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 06:09 PM by Kreekakon.)
05-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Brony =/= ponyfag. If you obsess over that show enough to make freaking custom stories about it, than you've crossed the unmarked boundary from fan of the show to ponyfreak. There is really no in between on this subject. What I've noticed about "bronys" is that every time someone doesn't agree with them 100% they cry out "haters!". In this case, everyone in this thread against MLP in Amnesia is correct.

For me, the icing on the cake is when Obliviator27 had the audacity to claim ponies are superior in any way to the fans of PDP (in which case I support neither), when they are on the exact same rung of the internet ladder. Classic case of pot calling the kettle black!

I rate it 3 memes.
05-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

(05-27-2012, 06:11 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: For me, the icing on the cake is when Obliviator27 had the audacity to claim ponies are superior in any way to the fans of PDP (in which case I support neither), when they are on the exact same rung of the internet ladder. Classic case of pot calling the kettle black!
Apologies if that's how I came across. I did not intend to say "Lolponiesarebetterthanpewds"
Not at all. I simply used an example to compare how there are embarrassing members to both fandoms that basically make people hate them all.

05-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Obliviator, I'm fine with fans of MLP, But I can't stand people who spam pony pictures and make retarded pony maps. If you like the show, fine, that's none of my business but I won't show any sympathy for pony map makers.
IMO The Mole is much, much better than than My Little Pony.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
05-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Find