Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Amnesia - Abomination
Twitchez Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia - Abomination

(05-28-2012, 03:02 AM)pil Wrote: This is a custom story I really enjoyed. It has really good atmosphere, music, sounds and a story. The music is what makes it pretty creepy, at least for me. Also the setting, being in a large school. Overall it's a good custom story.

Here is part 1 of my playthrough. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-QaVQY4NHc

There is a bug I found on part 3 of my video which will be uploaded soon, what happens is
Spoiler below!
I also got stuck in the room mentioned earlier in the thread, but somehow i went through the wall and was able to jump down to the door without having to go to sleep in the bed, the monster, or a key. Now I'm stuck on the part where there is the poison gas on the floor. Other minor glitches can be seen in the videos such as the blank paper at the very beginning.
Thanks a lot Pil! Smile Great LP! Please watch how Shartor played it through on his video, that will pretty much explain how to do that part. The thing that can be very tricky is to..
Spoiler below!
Jump into the bed after you locked the door. You have to kinda crouch-jump to get inside.

Amnesia - Abomination Ask me about anything :)
05-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Didn't know Twitch played Amnesia. Anivia here.
05-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Website Find
Twitchez Offline

(05-28-2012, 02:07 PM)skypeskype Wrote: Didn't know Twitch played Amnesia. Anivia here.
Well, he occasionally does. But I already know that you were here... Tongue

(In-game pic) [Image: aniviascreen.png]

05-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Find
DrPixel Offline

Threads: 1

Looks very interesting! I'm surprised it only has 1 rating given on ModDB and just a few posts here. :/

I'm on vacation right now but when I get back I think I'll play this and see how it is. Big Grin
05-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Website Find
devin413 Offline

Threads: 7

Hey Twitch i stuck im at the machine part and i found all 3 cogwheels and 2 coals idk how mutch coal i still need but i searched now for 60mins and i was in every room over 5 times pls help. ^^ you need to fix those collapsed stones on the stair you can easyli
jump over them and get out of the map.

first time i played it was rly scary and the mapping was awsome but then it started with clipping and map bugs where you can look out of the map that makes me a bit sad because it begonn so good Big Grin. and the story is also good.
and i like the new music too it makes it even more scary but now i heard that cry sound all the time and it gets a bit annoying.

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012, 06:06 PM by devin413.)
05-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Find
Twitchez Offline

(05-28-2012, 06:05 PM)devin413 Wrote: Hey Twitch i stuck im at the machine part and i found all 3 cogwheels and 2 coals idk how mutch coal i still need but i searched now for 60mins and i was in every room over 5 times pls help. ^^ you need to fix those collapsed stones on the stair you can easyli
jump over them and get out of the map.

first time i played it was rly scary and the mapping was awsome but then it started with clipping and map bugs where you can look out of the map that makes me a bit sad because it begonn so good Big Grin. and the story is also good.
and i like the new music too it makes it even more scary but now i heard that cry sound all the time and it gets a bit annoying.
Thanks a lot man! We are constantly updating it, and version 1.2 should be out tomorrow, fixing much of the "clipping" thanks to you awesome players :-)

For your puzzle problem: http://sv.twitch.tv/shartor/b/319560552 Look at 1:19:00, where he solves that part with the coals and cogwheels! More questions? Send me a PM!

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM by Twitchez.)
05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

so, yeah!

had a few bugs, and saw a few mapping errors, but overall it was a pretty decent story! i havent been that immersed in the setting of a custom story in a while; made me feel like there was more to the story. the mapping combined with the story and voiceacting made this a better than average custom story. keep it up! ^^

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
05-28-2012, 06:31 PM
Find
Twitchez Offline

(05-28-2012, 06:31 PM)darkadders Wrote: so, yeah!

had a few bugs, and saw a few mapping errors, but overall it was a pretty decent story! i havent been that immersed in the setting of a custom story in a while; made me feel like there was more to the story. the mapping combined with the story and voiceacting made this a better than average custom story. keep it up! ^^
Not a bad rating for our first CS then? Smile Awesome!... Version 1.2 is currently being uploaded to both MediaFire and ModDB, fixing many of the bugs and clipping. Expect new versions tomorrow!

EDIT: Version 1.2 is available on MediaFire, will be available on ModDB as soon as authorization is done!

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2012, 09:36 PM by Twitchez.)
05-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Find
pil Offline

Threads: 0

Part 3 is now live at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1EFhm_AGkc
This shows when I went through the wall which wasn't supposed to happen.

Parts 4 and 5 will be live soon.

-Now this is a custom story that I really enjoyed. It had a good story and good maps/effects/music to go with it. Even though I ran into a bunch of bugs, it was still a good game and those bugs should be fixed in the next release. I suggest others to try it and see how you like it. And thanks to the creators for helping me in the spots I glitched out in.
05-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Ahhhh!@!!
I am having a crazy grunt!!!
At the part where u come from ur room after u sleep..
the grunt have to smash the door ., it did..
then it walks downstairs.. and then............
it stops and stay dancing on his feet .... think the pathnodes are wrong-bugged-or too far away...
Thanks anyways for this great CS...
05-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Find