Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia stops working at the old archives
astridjuh12 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia stops working at the old archives

hello, i recently started playing amnesia : the dark descent.
everything works fine untill i reach the old archives. there is this part where you can see a hole in the wall and when you walk to the wall and enter the door on your left you find a room with alot of rocks in it and a note on a desk. when i read it, daniel will start talking about being trapped and seeing a blue light. that's as far as the game goes. i can only press esc , other movements do not work. and i can still hear all the background noises

i'm playing on an Acer Aspire 5740 laptop
windows 7 64-bit
Intel® HD Graphics (core i5) videocard.

i really hope someone can help Smile
05-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia stops working at the old archives

1) Make sure you have the latest Intel HD drivers using the have disk method .
2) Set all the graphics to the lowest possible and then try again. If you pass it then raise them again when done with this scene.
3) Alternatively, you can bypass this very small part of the game by not reading the note. Check what happens at a youtube video if you want.
05-29-2012, 11:19 PM
Find
astridjuh12 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia stops working at the old archives

(05-29-2012, 11:19 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: 1) Make sure you have the latest Intel HD drivers using the have disk method .
2) Set all the graphics to the lowest possible and then try again. If you pass it then raise them again when done with this scene.
3) Alternatively, you can bypass this very small part of the game by not reading the note. Check what happens at a youtube video if you want.

thanks for the tips,Smile i have tried the first two but unfortunatly that did not work :c.
i tried looking it up on youtube but that didn't help either ..
06-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

don't read the letter
06-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Find