Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Palistov's HPL2 Add-On Collection
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Palistov's HPL2 Add-On Collection

A collection of packages containing scripts, maps and/or expobj files which provide powerful and bleeding-edge functionality to the HPL2 engine, or simplify menial tasks like decoration and detail.

Many of these are designed for use by intermediate or advanced HPL2 custom story developers. Don't expect one-on-one help if you want me to answer questions like "How do I use your add-on for my custom story?". Those kinds of answers are provided in the documentation. If you present a fair and relevant question which is not answered in any of the tutorials I'll gladly help you and/or update the tutorials. I have spent HOURS working on these scripts and assets so they are easily implemented into your custom stories, and HOURS on the documentation. If you can't spend 5 minutes reading through the material, I can't be bothered to help you. Thanks!

On that note, there is a usually a lot of configuration needed on your part, as the developer, to implement these in your stories. You WILL have to closely study the documentation and follow directions, since some of these require that you create your own assets which will then be used by the add-on.

Since I have no clue what the post limit is, I'll be writing up some documentation which I will upload as a PDF file. For add-ons that include scripts, I will also provide both a commented and fully-expanded source, as well as a compact version which can be easily copied and pasted into your script.

I'm also very open to suggestions, provided they are creative and will actually be useful. Post here or send a PM via the FG forums.

Regarding crediting me -- I don't really care. If you wanna praise me like the next coming of Jesus, go ahead. If you don't mention it, it isn't a big deal. But don't go around saying "Hey look what I made." when you clearly just took it from here. That just makes you an ass.

Be sure to come back and check the thread every now and then. I probably won't bump at all for new releases, so it's all on you to come and find them for yourself!

List of Add-Ons & Short Description*
*Some add-ons might not make it to release, pending limitations imposed by HPL2

For now, I am no longer actively developing for HPL2.

Palibrary || [Version 2.1 Download]
A required collection of code for all of the "add-ons" in this thread. Has been re-written to be more flexible and build off of itself. Version 2 is a highly updated and expanded version with "legacy support" -- you can use any function calls the 1.x version while using 2.x even if you don't have the older version in your script.

Merchant || [Version 2 Download][Tutorial Video][Version 1 Demonstration]
A map add-on. A shop with inventory you as the story creator generate, along with a primitive currency system.

Dynamic Furniture Entities || [Version 1 Download]
Entity packs containing physics-enabled objects -- desks, sofas, beds, etc.

Cloth Physics Simulation || [Version 0B Demonstration] [Version 0B (Teaser kit)]
Ever wanted the banners in Amnesia to blow in the wind? Now they can. Props to Obliviator27 for rigging the banners, and to Apjjm for his string parsing library.

paliDebugger || [Version 1.0 Download]
A script system which lets you track local/global variables via debug messages using Amnesia's variables scripts, in addition to normal debug messages. Description of functions/variables are in the script file. Requires Palibrary 2.1 or later.

TL;DR? Read everything. I won't hold your hand through these.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 09:05 AM by palistov.)
06-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Palistov's Amnesia HPL2 Add-On Collection

I love you. That is all.

I rate it 3 memes.
06-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

But, Andy......

06-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

For the Shopping Text, are those models?
06-05-2012, 04:28 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Holy... how are more than half of these even possible?

Do you secretly work for Frictional or what? o.O

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012, 04:53 AM by Streetboat.)
06-05-2012, 04:53 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

@ Rapture, no they're billboards. They're controlled by attaching them to lights and setting them visible/invisible accordingly.

@ Streetboat, just creative use of what's available with the HPL2 kit and a dash of curiosity Smile

06-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

You gotta teach me. I can make use of almost all of your ideas, particularly the merchant, random soundscapes (which actually are easy enough to do with level scripting, but still a pain in the ass), modular bookshelves, physics furniture, and breakable shit.

It's all so very christmas-y!

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-05-2012, 05:31 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Haha yeah. I'm thinking I'll working on the destructible decor and/or the atmospheric ones next. The faster I can get em done the better, so I'll probably switch off between the more "difficult" ones and the "easy" ones.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012, 05:58 AM by palistov.)
06-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(06-05-2012, 05:21 AM)palistov Wrote: @ Rapture, no they're billboards. They're controlled by attaching them to lights and setting them visible/invisible accordingly.

@ Streetboat, just creative use of what's available with the HPL2 kit and a dash of curiosity Smile
Ah ok, Billboards, keep forgetting about them. But did you have to make a seperate billboard for each number?
06-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah I did, per digit.

06-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Find