Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

IMPORTANT: On posting contents on game files!
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
IMPORTANT: On posting contents on game files!

Just a quick notice regarding posting the contents of game files.

We think it is fun that you like to poke around the files, try to alter the game, finding abandoned features and so on. However, A lot of this content can be extremly spoiling and might take a way the enoyment of finding out things the way they where intented to.

Because of this, starting from now, we ask you to post anything that has to with editing / viewing game files in the mod category that can be found here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/forumdi...php?fid=12

Posts found in the wrong forum will be deleted without warning!

To make myself clear: This only applies to the direct access of game files. You can still post screenshots, talk about secret areas and any other strange stuff you might find in this forum. Just use the spoiler tags when needed and do not reveal anything spoiling in subject lines.

Happy gaming all! Smile
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008, 06:30 PM by jens.)
02-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Find
TenTonApe Offline

Threads: 0
RE: IMPORTANT: On posting contents on game files!

Umm that forum doesn't seem to exist
09-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Since we're pointing out non-existing pages. Your 'Contact Us' page doesn't exist.
09-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Find
ced117 Offline

Threads: 1

Penumbra Wrote:Since we're pointing out non-existing pages. Your 'Contact Us' page doesn't exist.
The correct link => http://frictionalgames.com/site/contact
09-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Thanks for pointing out, both links updated!
09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Website Find
lilsal Offline

I just tried that link for editing game files and it goes to a non- existent forum.
I am playing Overture and miraculously have made it to the area where the dogs and steam cages are trying to get to the refinery and have been there for 3 days trying to get past those dogs. Even on easy play I cannot get by the second dog. I would like to finish the game I am interested in seeing how it turns out but I cannot sneak by these dogs or if I hit them with something they stay down for a second call their friends and I'm dead. I need to be able to take the dog out in one hit. Can someone tell me how I can do this? I saw a post changing some code for the dog min and max attack damage to 0 (both) didnt work I still die.
Up to this point I could fight them off from on top of a crate I can see where they are coming from then, in this area no crates.
I am playing the Penumbra collection dvd Confused

08-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(08-23-2011, 04:24 AM)lilsal Wrote: I just tried that link for editing game files and it goes to a non- existent forum.
I am playing Overture and miraculously have made it to the area where the dogs and steam cages are trying to get to the refinery and have been there for 3 days trying to get past those dogs. Even on easy play I cannot get by the second dog. I would like to finish the game I am interested in seeing how it turns out but I cannot sneak by these dogs or if I hit them with something they stay down for a second call their friends and I'm dead. I need to be able to take the dog out in one hit. Can someone tell me how I can do this? I saw a post changing some code for the dog min and max attack damage to 0 (both) didnt work I still die.
Up to this point I could fight them off from on top of a crate I can see where they are coming from then, in this area no crates.
I am playing the Penumbra collection dvd Confused

the purpose of the game is to avoid the dogs, not try to kill them. Try to get away from them. Do not fight them, this game was not made for that.
08-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Find
lilsal Offline

Hi,
I understand that ultimately I should avoid them but the dog just paces back and forth in front of where I need to go, I may just have to wait for the movie to see what happens......
I wouldn't be asking if I had not tried and tried and tried
I think the fact that you cannot save on this game is a big factor because going back to the beginning of a section is so frustrating I get too stressed lol
08-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

where do you want to go? The dogs always move from place to place, they do not remain static somewhere so you can definitely sneak-by them.
08-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Find
lilsal Offline

Hello again,
I am trying to get from shaft 13 where I picked up the blank note etc. trying to make my way to the refinery. The auto save is right as I walk through that door and that is where I go back to and start again. I have made it to the hallway that goes down to the right to the refinery and at the intersection there is where the dog is he goes up and down that hall and down the interesecting hall where I am hiding behind a large crate/box (too high to jump on). When the dog goes down the hall opposite where I want to go so possibly I could run he is back before I get the chance to try running. If I bonk him with something he only stays down for a second so I still have no time to run. So I have been stuck at this point for about 3 or 4 nights.
I think my dogs are smarter I have hardly been able to get by any of them haha.
I'm just a beginner at this type game, have a lot of trouble with the controls but I like the game and would like to see it through I'm curious.
Thanks for responding maybe I will just go on to Black Plague and take my chances there

08-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Find