Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can't install Penumbra from GamersGate
OneShot Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Can't install Penumbra from GamersGate

Penumbra Wrote:Yeah, I looked earlyer today and had no luck.

Man I wish I didn't buy the game...I could of just downloaded it off from the internet sometime tomorrow. This is what we honest folks get.

Shopping at Gamersgate is almost the easiest thing in the world. Just follow these instructions:
1. Buy
2. Download (if possible)
3. E-mail support@Gamersgate.com to figure out why your product isn't working!
4. Wait for a representative to respond.
5. Awaiting step 4 to be completed...
02-12-2008, 04:13 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

OneShot Wrote:

Man I wish I didn't buy the game...I could of just downloaded it off from the internet sometime tomorrow. This is what we honest folks get.
AND YOU COULD HAVE GONE AND BOUGHT S.T.A.L.K.E.R! good old marked one and his amnesia
02-12-2008, 04:15 AM
Find
OneShot Offline

jo291 Wrote:
OneShot Wrote:

AND YOU COULD HAVE GONE AND BOUGHT S.T.A.L.K.E.R! good old marked one and his amnesia

I would rather play STALKER than sit here trying to figure out how to get this damn game to work. If GamersGates downloader is such a piece of crap I know their customer service is as well (I'm not even going to waste my time getting a refund). Some things are just too good to be true "Get Penumbra: Black Plague a DAY before it's actually released !"

Shopping at Gamersgate is almost the easiest thing in the world. Just follow these instructions:
1. Buy
02-12-2008, 04:18 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

OneShot Wrote:
jo291 Wrote:
OneShot Wrote:

I would rather play STALKER than sit here trying to figure out how to get this damn game to work. If GamersGates downloader is such a piece of crap I know their customer service is as well (I'm not even going to waste my time getting a refund). Some things are just too good to be true "Get Penumbra: Black Plague a DAY before it's actually released !"
just bye it tomaroe
02-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

We already bought it and it won't work. They probolly wont fix it untill wensday.
02-12-2008, 04:27 AM
Find
musicman07 Offline

Threads: 0

Hi all!

I'm also experiencing this annoying problem, so I figured I'd sign up for this forum in the hopes that we can find a quick fix. Hopefully if GamersGate sees how many people are having problems, we can get the problem fixed quicker.

For those who have purchased items from GamersGate before: Is this problem only affecting Penumbra: Black Plague for you? This is the 4th game I have purchased from GamersGate, and this is the first one to give me a problem, but now I can't reinstall any of my previous purchases since purchasing Black Plague.
02-12-2008, 05:31 AM
Find
OneShot Offline

musicman07 Wrote:Hi all!

I'm also experiencing this annoying problem, so I figured I'd sign up for this forum in the hopes that we can find a quick fix. Hopefully if GamersGate sees how many people are having problems, we can get the problem fixed quicker.

For those who have purchased items from GamersGate before: Is this problem only affecting Penumbra: Black Plague for you? This is the 4th game I have purchased from GamersGate, and this is the first one to give me a problem, but now I can't reinstall any of my previous purchases since purchasing Black Plague.

Ahahaha...you can't reinstall any of your previous purchases. Don't you just love GamersGate? Someone said earlier it was doing the exact same thing with Penumbra: Overture.

1. Buy
02-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Find
musicman07 Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah, and the strange thing is my last purchase before Black Plague was only 4 days ago. And everything went very smooth for that one.
02-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Find
OneShot Offline

musicman07 Wrote:Yeah, and the strange thing is my last purchase before Black Plague was only 4 days ago. And everything went very smooth for that one.

Probably a patch Gamersgate released. I wish they would *accidently* add a forums to their website, oh man I would love to complain on there. Can you imagine how many complaint topics would be posted there a day? No wonder why they don't have a forums.

1. Buy
02-12-2008, 06:05 AM
Find
Janakev Offline

Threads: 1

If you've checked back here before trying the problem has been resolved. Apparently it was due to a change of webservers.
I know you're all p***** but the main thing is that the problem is fixed and much faster than I would have thought. The post was up at 8:20 this morning.

My opinion of Paradox Interactive may be soured but the speedy response has done much to ameliorate it.
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Find