Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Blender export to .dae problem
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2
Blender export to .dae problem

So, for my custom story I need chess figures and a chess board, and I thought i'll just try to make them myself since I didn't find any avaible. I used Blender v2.44(since any newer version has a too complicated interface) and got the black pawn done. Now when I wanted to export it into COLLADA, it said I need python installed. After I installed it, it still gave me the error that python ain't installed and I should see the console. The console says:
"Error! Could not find full version of Python..."

Then it tells me to install python, and below, in Notes, it says I should "make sure Blender's Python interpreter is finding the standalone modules(run 'system Information' from Blender's Help -> System menu)."
I did that, and still nothing.(I also turned the faces into triangles, as told in the wiki.)

Any idea what's wrong or how I get Blender to find "the standalone module"? I googled a lot and searched this forum, but found nothing. I also tried this with different python versions, nothing works.
I hope someone has an answer for this, since I really need those models for my custom story Sad
(I may have put this Thread in the wrong section. If so, I'm sorry.)
06-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Blender export to .dae problem

See if the information in here is helpful: http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11938
(Though, i certainly recommend using the latest version of Blender.)

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2012, 11:31 PM by Your Computer.)
06-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Website Find
Cruzore Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Blender export to .dae problem

Thank you, it worked all nicely after I followed those steps and now I only have to check why the modelviewer crashes, I probably just forgot to add textures. Exporting to .dae works fine now.
06-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Find