Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

frame rate is down
barbiedoll Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago frame rate is down

I have an ATI x1650pro agp card and i to am dealing with graphic problems as well as i have the 7.12 omega driver installed the catylist won't work on my card for some reason. However, the game plays ok in the beginning but when u get closer to the end of the game when u reach the research facility after your done outside the game lags very badly, i had to quit playing cuz it was moving so slow even with effects turned off. Why is this and frictional should get this fixed and fast with a patch to be able to complete the game. otherwise what a rip off. I have windows xp sp2 installed and exceed min requirements.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance.
02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Find
fmgt98
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: frame rate is down

This is the same thing that is happening to me. I have an NVidia card and a system that should be able to handle the game with ease but the further I get in the game, the worse it becomes. I really hope they fix this...
02-18-2008, 03:45 AM
bigparty Offline

Threads: 0

i have the same problem with ati x 1600pro, please help, it's impossible to play.
02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Find
bigparty Offline

Threads: 0

use catalyst 7.11 and the game gone perfectly, all video options on and high definition, good framerate!!
02-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Find
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6

Well i got an ATI Radeon X1950 Pro AGP (512MB) Card and using Ati Catalyst 7.4 from the install CD and everything works perfectly.

For some reason the new catalyst drivers (7.10, 7.11, 7.12 and so on) won't work with my card. My PC rebooting after the installation, the windows load screen appears and after he want to change to the logon screen the pc just restarts.

Next time i will buy me a NVIDIA card, NVIDIA got the better drivers...

Well... maybe i try Catalyst 8.12 today... but before i'm doing that i will make a backup Big Grin

<3 Horror Adventures
02-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Find
barbiedoll Offline

Well i shouldn't have to revert back to an older driver to play this game frictional should fix the problem with a patch that allows players to use 7.12 without having to re-install 7.11 that's just to much trouble to have to go through for a game that just came out. especially when older games i have installed are working perfectly with 7.12. They should have thought further ahead when developing or at least more testing done with ati cards to verify it's stability. Some developers just don't take the time to make sure pc games work on all kinds of different hardware. Pitiful.
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Find
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6

Nobody is perfect, dude.
And i'm sure there will be a patch soon Wink

Oh and look at this: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...0#pid15550

<3 Horror Adventures
02-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Find
burbble Offline

barbiedoll Wrote:Well i shouldn't have to revert back to an older driver to play this game frictional should fix the problem with a patch that allows players to use 7.12 without having to re-install 7.11 that's just to much trouble to have to go through for a game that just came out. especially when older games i have installed are working perfectly with 7.12. They should have thought further ahead when developing or at least more testing done with ati cards to verify it's stability. Some developers just don't take the time to make sure pc games work on all kinds of different hardware. Pitiful.

The fact that the ATI drivers worked up to a certain point indicates that it is likely ATI broke or changed something. For example, they may have thought an optimization would increase the speed of one game, not realizing it would break another game.

Anyway, the developers have purchased an ATI card specifically to test it with the game, and are actively working on a solution.

- Luke
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Find
barbiedoll Offline

burbble Wrote:
barbiedoll Wrote:Well i shouldn't have to revert back to an older driver to play this game frictional should fix the problem with a patch that allows players to use 7.12 without having to re-install 7.11 that's just to much trouble to have to go through for a game that just came out. especially when older games i have installed are working perfectly with 7.12. They should have thought further ahead when developing or at least more testing done with ati cards to verify it's stability. Some developers just don't take the time to make sure pc games work on all kinds of different hardware. Pitiful.

The fact that the ATI drivers worked up to a certain point indicates that it is likely ATI broke or changed something. For example, they may have thought an optimization would increase the speed of one game, not realizing it would break another game.

Anyway, the developers have purchased an ATI card specifically to test it with the game, and are actively working on a solution.

thanks for the info , i guess i'll just have to wait for a fix before i can finish the game it's too bad though all in all. oh well.
02-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Find