Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress The Cure | 15% |
Athom Offline

Threads: 6
The Cure | 15% |

Hey everybody. I am working on a custom story that i think has a fantastic plot. (Not for me to judge of course!) Doing the scripting is not my high point though I have gotten by with a few good puzzles and triggers. Here is how the story starts, though I have quite a bit more done already! (PM if you want to see more of it)

You are Tony. You wake up in a room next to a dead man. You walk to the desk and after read two notes. Summing them up, you have been kidnapped and you have to find the key to get out of this room. When you get out into the hallway, you have to find another key which happens to be the cellar key. You find the cellar and unlock it. Just after entering, the door slams behind you and you here somebody laughing! Frantic and scared, you search the room. You find a the "Lab Key". After making this discovery, you try everything to get through the door, but then you learn that you have to break it with "Something heavy". You find the largest item available (a barrel) and SMASH it into the door three times, each time damaging the door significantly. After it breaks you walk out into the hallway to look for the lab.

EDIT:
Chapter 1 is FINALLY done, though tweaks and extras WILL be added. Though I do need some people to test it. The upload is in my signature along with a video. Enjoy my map!

~Athom~

Current Projects: The Cure 15%
4Shared Download: http://ow.ly/cqjk4
Youtube Video: http://ow.ly/cq2LR
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM by Athom.)
07-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Find
Athom Offline

RE: New StoryMaker Looking For a Team To Help Me Out!

(07-21-2012, 01:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 12:28 PM)Athom Wrote: Hey everybody. I am working on a custom story that i think has a fantastic plot.
(07-21-2012, 12:28 PM)Athom Wrote: You are Tony. You wake up in a room next to a dead man. You walk to the desk and after read two notes. Summing them up, you have been kidnapped and you have to find the key to get out of this room. When you get out into the hallway, you have to find another key which happens to be the cellar key. You find the cellar and unlock it. Just after entering, the door slams behind you and you here somebody laughing! Frantic and scared, you search the room. You find a the "Lab Key". After making this discovery, you try everything to get through the door, but then you learn that you have to break it with "Something heavy". You find the largest item available (a barrel) and SMASH it into the door three times, each time damaging the door significantly. After it breaks you walk out into the hallway to look for the lab.
Yeah.. no. That's a crap plot, no offence intended.
*facepalm* thats not the plot... Its how it starts >_<

(07-21-2012, 01:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 12:28 PM)Athom Wrote: Hey everybody. I am working on a custom story that i think has a fantastic plot.
(07-21-2012, 12:28 PM)Athom Wrote: You are Tony. You wake up in a room next to a dead man. You walk to the desk and after read two notes. Summing them up, you have been kidnapped and you have to find the key to get out of this room. When you get out into the hallway, you have to find another key which happens to be the cellar key. You find the cellar and unlock it. Just after entering, the door slams behind you and you here somebody laughing! Frantic and scared, you search the room. You find a the "Lab Key". After making this discovery, you try everything to get through the door, but then you learn that you have to break it with "Something heavy". You find the largest item available (a barrel) and SMASH it into the door three times, each time damaging the door significantly. After it breaks you walk out into the hallway to look for the lab.
Yeah.. no. That's a crap plot, no offence intended.
The plot gets much deeper.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 01:21 PM by Athom.)
07-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Find
Athom Offline

(07-21-2012, 01:40 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 12:28 PM)Athom Wrote: Hey everybody. I am working on a custom story that i think has a fantastic plot. (Not for me to judge of course!) Doing the scripting is not my high point though I have gotten by with a few good puzzles and triggers. The story is as follows:
Then please make that clear next time, perhaps "This is how the level will flow" or whatever.
sorry >_< ill edit it

(07-21-2012, 12:28 PM)Athom Wrote: Hey everybody. I am working on a custom story that i think has a fantastic plot. (Not for me to judge of course!) Doing the scripting is not my high point though I have gotten by with a few good puzzles and triggers. Here is how the story starts, though I have quite a bit more done already! (PM if you want to see more of it)

You are Tony. You wake up in a room next to a dead man. You walk to the desk and after read two notes. Summing them up, you have been kidnapped and you have to find the key to get out of this room. When you get out into the hallway, you have to find another key which happens to be the cellar key. You find the cellar and unlock it. Just after entering, the door slams behind you and you here somebody laughing! Frantic and scared, you search the room. You find a the "Lab Key". After making this discovery, you try everything to get through the door, but then you learn that you have to break it with "Something heavy". You find the largest item available (a barrel) and SMASH it into the door three times, each time damaging the door significantly. After it breaks you walk out into the hallway to look for the lab.

This is just a small example of the map. I am still working on it as we speak. This job is too big for one person. I need some help. If anybody is good with scripting on HPL2, and is also good with map design, I am calling out to you! If I deem you worthy, you will become part of my team. This project (Unnamed for now) is going to be a big project and i need others to help me finish it! Thank you, and have a GREAT day!

~Athom~

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 01:42 PM by Athom.)
07-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Well, so far it sounds kinda like the next installment of the SAW-series... No offense though, thats probably just because its only a small snippet of the plot - so why don't you just post a summary of the whole story here? I'm sure you'll get more people interested in your project that way, if it is really that amazing. Smile
07-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

For you people looking for a team:

I never manage to understand if you want a position in a team or if you want a team for yourself. Either way, to manage a team being a story writer is not enough, never was and never will be. You must have deep knowledge in certain areas, such as web management, file transfer, coordination and team management and most of all you must have a strong mind promoted by a strong english that can somehow deliver what your team expects you to deliver for them. Story writting( your story sucks in both syntax, plot and morphology) is available to everyone, thus your only option is to find a team to accept you, but then you'll be subjecting yourself to their rules and ways of development. You must have something other people don't have in order to be an useful asset for any kind of team, mostly a development team.

Note: I know this (unfortunately) is not a serious development forum, but even though some experience on the matter would be good to have.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Find
Athom Offline

(07-21-2012, 05:05 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: For you people looking for a team:

I never manage to understand if you want a position in a team or if you want a team for yourself. Either way, to manage a team being a story writer is not enough, never was and never will be. You must have deep knowledge in certain areas, such as web management, file transfer, coordination and team management and most of all you must have a strong mind promoted by a strong english that can somehow deliver what your team expects you to deliver for them. Story writting( your story sucks in both syntax, plot and morphology) is available to everyone, thus your only option is to find a team to accept you, but then you'll be subjecting yourself to their rules and ways of development. You must have something other people don't have in order to be an useful asset for any kind of team, mostly a development team.

Note: I know this (unfortunately) is not a serious development forum, but even though some experience on the matter would be good to have.
I will take your advice to heart.

(07-21-2012, 03:27 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Well, so far it sounds kinda like the next installment of the SAW-series... No offense though, thats probably just because its only a small snippet of the plot - so why don't you just post a summary of the whole story here? I'm sure you'll get more people interested in your project that way, if it is really that amazing. Smile
I can see how you would get that idea! Big Grin Now that I look at it, It really does... Though about 5 minutes after this point in the map, you find a few notes telling a LOT more about why you were kidnapped. I hope some people may change their minds knowing that it is definitely NOT an installment of saw. Big Grin Ill post more about it in a couple hours maybe... I wont be so damn tired then. Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM by Athom.)
07-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

And don't at any time get me wrong. My criticism is constructive.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Find
Athom Offline

(07-21-2012, 08:45 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: And don't at any time get me wrong. My criticism is constructive
(07-21-2012, 08:45 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: I get it! Not at any point did I find you offensive.

07-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Find
Athom Offline

RE: The Cure | 10% | NEED TEAM MEMBERS!

Just added a big leap in the game. The end of Chapter one in the level!

You walk into the room and see a blood-soaked hatch on the floor. Curious, you walk to it. As you are doing so, you hear a snap and look up, but it is too late to react. The huge chandelier is falling fast. In a fraction of a second, you are pinned under it. After a few seconds, you lose consciousness. With your last waking moments, you hear laughing and footsteps.

That is a small synopsis of the end of chapter 1! Thank you for your support!

07-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Find
HeadyBoy Offline

Threads: 16
RE: WIP The Cure | 15% | NEED TEAM MEMBERS!

Happy to do any voice acting required.

Voice Actor - Male, British Accent, Mid-teens, Adaptable
Custom Stories - "The Heist: Amnesia" (In production)
07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Find