Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Favourite Video Game Plot?
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Favourite Video Game Plot?

Purely for the story content alone, I'd have to say Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Metal Gear Solid, Diablo 1 and 2(3 never happened), and Myst.

For the presentation(not necessarily originality), I'd have to go with Half-Life, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, and most of Squaresoft's(prior to the merger with Enix)earlier works.

I feel like there are games I'm missing, and owe a lot of credit to them. If and when I remember them, I'll be sure to post.
08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Find
Annvdb Offline

Threads: 1

half life
08-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Alice Madness Returns and Alan Wake had great plots Smile
08-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

umm.. lego rock raiders..

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

The witcher, never winter nights 2, mass effect, the diablo universe and the half life universe.. The first three for the possiblity of influencing and sharing in the story, the second two are simply great to experience.

As for favourite game I'd say MDK (first title). Oh childhood memories, that game is to me what Zelda Ocarina of time is for other people. If I ever get good enough at modeling I will try to recreate the main character.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

08-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

i have many favourites, No One Lives Forever, No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in HARMS way, Shogo: Mobile Armoured Division, Zelda; ocarina of time, Zelda: Majorica's mask, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Grand Theft Auto 4 (it and FF7 are the Only game stories to make me cry!), Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Max Payne 3, Deus EX, Half Life, Half Life 2 and episodes, Timesplitters: Future perfect (one of the funniest storylines ever), Conkers Bad Fur Day (THE funniest storyline ever..even terry pratchett couldnt have done better), Diskworld, Diskworld 2, Diskworld Noir, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Syphon Filter, Syphon Filter 2, System Shock 2, Bioshock, Red Dead Revolver, Red Dead Redemption (i love spaghetti westerns, and the 2 Red Dead titles are so Leone Esque that they are practically "Dollars 4 and 5") , L.A Noire, Curse of Monkey Island Series, Broken Sword Series, Cold Winter (how many HG Wells inspired FPS games can you name?), Perfect Dark-64... too many to count.

but, if ive got to pick an absolute favourite, it has got to be, without fail, Metal Gear Solid on PS1, just the best Videogame plot ever, Half mech manga, Half James Bond Movie, all exqusitely told with a suprising anti war theme and message and a sense of humour...and Psycho Mantis, i dont think ill Ever forget Psycho Mantis!. that...tune... (shivers)
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 08:13 PM by the dark side.)
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

1: Journey

While the story is simple, it still has a lot of depth and leaves much room for interpretation. Not only that, it is told entirely without words, creating a massive emotional impact with visuals, music and subtle body language alone. It's also the first and only game that ever made me cry.

2: Planescape: Torment

Exactly the opposite of Journey, this game is extremely text-heavy. In printed form it would be a book heavy enough to kill a goat with. Yet the writing is so excellent and creative that I didn't mind reading for weeks on end in a foreign language... it feels as if each of the dozens of minor NPCs in this game has a character and backstory more compelling than most protagonists in other games. Not to mention the amazing main storyline about which I could ramble forever...
Also, one of your party members is a floating, burning, eternally tormented, masochistic pyromaniac who wants to kill everybody. How awesome is that? (Ignussss wishesss to burrrnn......)

3: Psychonauts

You're playing a boy named Razputin who's staying at a summer camp for psychic kids and who has to defeat a brain-harvesting dentist by exploring the subconcious minds of various lunatics. Also there's a level in which you grow to godzilla-size and terrorize a city of talking fish. Need I say more?
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 07:29 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Find
Annvdb Offline

I have to add Alan Wake as well! What a great game! It's actually almost like a movie
08-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

(08-08-2012, 08:09 AM)Zaari Wrote: Definitely Majora's Mask. I've yet to see a game with a more unique and original storyline. My favorite part is probably the fact that when you first see/hear about the game, it looks very harmless and cheerful. But the more you dig into the plot, the more demented everything becomes. I actually learned something very recently about the game's plot that legitimately disturbed the shit out of me.
Ben.

Hi.
08-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I have to agree with Star Wars: KOTOR.

Metal Gear Solid of course too.

Interesting Journey was mentioned... Great game.

I might get some hate for this but I really enjoy(ed) the Assassins Creed plot.

[Image: luv.gif]
08-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Find