Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spore, anyone?
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
Spore, anyone?

Does anyone here play Spore?
Here's my Spore profile:http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/onacondafarr

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Spore, anyone?

I used to play Spore when I was younger, it was awesome. I still have it installed i think! Thanks for reminding me I might just go play it

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

I used to play a lot. Never got into Galactic Adventures because I suck at that sort of thing (you don't see me in the Custom Stories subforum here, do you?) but I conquered my own branch of the galaxy. Nowadays though I can't play much in fear of crashing. The last few years I would play until it crashed, conveniently after a long time of not saving, and then not play for a year.

I beta tested DarkSpore too and it was pretty fun, even though I never bought it. Still is on my wishlist on Steam, haha.
08-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0

Spore was fun for the first 2 or 3 stages/epics/eras/whatever. After that, the game was pretty bad. I hate EA for what they have done to developers like Maxis.
08-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-13-2012, 01:38 PM)HateSolstice Wrote: Spore was fun for the first 2 or 3 stages/epics/eras/whatever. After that, the game was pretty bad. I hate EA for what they have done to developers like Maxis.
I hate EA for everything they've done to anything ever.
08-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Find
Posting Freak

Bump testa, because this game community is too awesome to die.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 04:50 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
01-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Bump, eh? Okay then. Smile I played it for a short while, but alas I quickly lost interest in it. The creature editor is an amazing piece of technology, but I found the actual game quite lacking.

Maybe it gets better when you get to the final space gameplay stage but I never made it that far, because the stages before that felt so shallow and rushed to me. I was always doing the same few actions and there was no real depth to anything. I think if they had reduced the game to, say, only two or three stages and focussed on fleshing those out with deeper and more varied gameplay it would have been much better.

To be fair though, I also went into the game with all the wrong expectations. I thought it would have a much heavier focus on RPG elements, with the creature itself being the core of the game. Sort of like a quest to create the perfectly adapted lifeform... except it wasn't really that deep in the end. (At least the creature stage wasn't.)

But like I said, the creature editor is still really fun. I still sometimes start the game just to play around with the editor for a bit. Big Grin Come to think of it, I'd love to see a similar system integrated into a game with a more serious setting... think for example Alien vs. Predator in terms of style and aesthetics....mhmmm
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 05:09 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Find
Posting Freak

The best part of this game is not the game itself, it's the extremely talented creators that sadly have started to leave the dieing community.

75 % of the people on my buddies list has stopped creating, lost their discs, busy with other things. The almighty Parkaboy is (slowly becoming) one of them. I'm seriously on the verge of tears remembering my 600+ hours in Spore.

Fuck it, I'm playing Spore tonight.

01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Hey, I played spore too!

It was awesome, I loved making my own things. A shame that it was pirated, does that affect to online gameplay?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 05:34 PM by The chaser.)
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: The best part of this game is not the game itself, it's the extremely talented creators that sadly have started to leave the dieing community.
Yeah, that makes sense - like I said, the editor was great. I never got into the community features though...I just created stuff for myself. Maybe I should have a look at that when I have some time. Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 05:48 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Find