Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

POLITICS
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: POLITICS

(11-05-2013, 06:49 AM)SchnidlersLeest Wrote:
(11-05-2013, 05:36 AM)Alardem Wrote: I wonder how many of you are going to turn into grumpy old conservatives as you get into your forties...

I think Frog guy is already in his 40s and he sounds pretty damn grumpy.
Look at how slow I'm moving. Respect your elders

[Image: p229xcq]
11-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

As much as I like the concept of anarchism in its essence, it's utopian to think that someday it will be possible to implement it in our society. The paradoxical short story "The Anarchist Banker", by Portuguese writer Fernando Pessoa, really shows the impracticality of anarchism. I highly recommend it, it's a very good read.

Edit:
I found it online.
http://www.csend.org/images/articles/fil...Pessoa.pdf

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 07:25 AM by Ashtoreth.)
11-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(11-05-2013, 04:04 AM)SchnidlersLeest Wrote: Good to see there's at least one other anarchist on these forums. Smile Most people here seem to be on the libertarian side of things, which is comforting. An interesting little redpill a libertarian put out was this realization:

The government does not exist, just as a forest does not exist. A forest is made out of individual trees, and could not exist without the individual trees. It's just a way of referring to a collective. The "government" is a way of referring to a group of people that have different rights from everyone else. The right to steal money away from working people, use counterfeited money, kidnap, imprison, kill, start wars and initiate the use of force against unarmed citizens for any given reason.

Once people realize the government is just people who tell you to obey them, they'll see the evil that it is and it'll lose it's power to control people.

i feel like ive heard this in a sound clip at the start of a choking victim song

Posting Freak
11-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Website Find
SchnidlersLeest Offline

Threads: 1

(11-05-2013, 09:26 AM)Kman Wrote: i feel like ive heard this in a sound clip at the start of a choking victim song

can't believe you figured it out.

(11-05-2013, 07:10 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: As much as I like the concept of anarchism in its essence, it's utopian to think that someday it will be possible to implement it in our society. The paradoxical short story "The Anarchist Banker", by Portuguese writer Fernando Pessoa, really shows the impracticality of anarchism. I highly recommend it, it's a very good read.

Edit:
I found it online.

I thought that was an interesting read and a fairly accurate assessment as to why anarchy couldn't happen in the society we currently live in. But just as a memento, anarchism is freedom from rulers, not freedom from illusion.

EDIT: of course we will have to free ourselves from SOME illusion, but not all. The short story also judges the capabilities of a person by their genetics and how the society they've been raised in, completely dismissing free will. I'm not sure if that was explicit in the story and I just missed it, but there's a pretty big difference.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 10:18 AM by SchnidlersLeest.)
11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Don't you mean delusions?

On-topic: I like to see myself as a theoretical fascist. I can see the positive effects but I myself would never be able to do it.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 10:54 AM by i3670.)
11-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Find
SchnidlersLeest Offline

(11-05-2013, 10:51 AM)i3670 Wrote: Don't you mean delusions?

On-topic: I like to see myself as a theoretical fascist. I can see the positive effects but I myself would never be able to do it.

Yes, I think in this case it can be used interchangeably. I mean lies propped up by society.
11-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Find
Lewk Offline

Threads: 6

Schnidler, you may want to take a few courses in reading comprehension before you go on an internet forum next time. Also, never use a computer again.

(11-05-2013, 07:06 AM)Slownofrog Wrote: Look at how slow I'm moving. Respect your elders

i ain't gotta respect shit old man. *kicks caine from out beneath you*
11-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(11-05-2013, 05:36 AM)Alardem Wrote: I wonder how many of you are going to turn into grumpy old conservatives as you get into your forties...

I'd probably realize that social change is necessary for younger generations.

But yeah, I'd also probably be really really grumpy.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
11-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

(11-05-2013, 07:10 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: As much as I like the concept of anarchism in its essence, it's utopian to think that someday it will be possible to implement it in our society. The paradoxical short story "The Anarchist Banker", by Portuguese writer Fernando Pessoa, really shows the impracticality of anarchism. I highly recommend it, it's a very good read.

Edit:
I found it online.

I don't like anarchism. It's too much of an idealistic state of mind. Anarchists like to say that without a government the people can rule themselves and therein lies the issue.

Then the strong, better armed and more violent will ''lead'' the people. As much as I dislike all the governments i've been under, they're a lesser evil compared to anarchism.

I haven't been a fan of a SINGLE north american government. Ever. Not once in my life. But they're a reality and you learn to live with it. Kind of like living with a personal flaw or illness: you recognize it, you try to fix it however you can, but at the end of the day it is what it is.

And for the record, I don't think of myself as a liberal or conservative.
11-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Anarchism exists only for a short period of time. Basically between two governments. The old government goes down > anarchism > new government created by the strongest group/s

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Find