Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which Lovecraftian Monster(s) would you like to see in a game by FG?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shoggoth
14.63%
6 14.63%
Elder Thing
12.20%
5 12.20%
Flying Polyp
7.32%
3 7.32%
Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath
9.76%
4 9.76%
Shub-Niggurath
2.44%
1 2.44%
Deep One
17.07%
7 17.07%
Star Spawn of Cthulhu
4.88%
2 4.88%
Cthulhu
12.20%
5 12.20%
Chthonian
7.32%
3 7.32%
Mi-Go
12.20%
5 12.20%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What Lovecraftian Monter(s) would you like to see in a future game?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: What Lovecraftian Monter(s) would you like to see in a future game?

Quote: That mosnter is a Gug (would have included it in the poll, but ran out of space for it. How about this Gug i found online: http://caberwood.deviantart.com/art/GUG-295452731
Maybe it's just me, but that thing's face...it's pretty...y' know...Freudian....o.o I don't think I'll sleep well tonight.
Quote: Speaking of Smaller monsters, how about this (that I found) as a humanoid 'Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath' http://media01.bigblackbag.net/25396/por...ns_151.jpg
The storyline could by that, instead of being turned into sayter-like
the followers of Shub-Niggurath are turned into her young.
Those are awesome, too - but they lack that certain "ickyness" that some of the other creatures have. I like it when a monster looks so disgusting, you would never dare touch it, even if it was dead. Tongue Those creatures look a little bit too "clean" I think, like wood or something... but those twig-shaped appendages would be great if they were stalking you in a forest. Not only would it serve as natural camouflage , once you know what they look like, you would start seeing an enemy in the silhouette of every harmless bush!

Congratulations for the 300th post! *throws confetti*
08-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(08-23-2012, 12:45 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: That mosnter is a Gug (would have included it in the poll, but ran out of space for it. How about this Gug i found online: http://caberwood.deviantart.com/art/GUG-295452731
Maybe it's just me, but that thing's face...it's pretty...y' know...Freudian....o.o I don't think I'll sleep well tonight.
Quote: Speaking of Smaller monsters, how about this (that I found) as a humanoid 'Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath' http://media01.bigblackbag.net/25396/por...ns_151.jpg
The storyline could by that, instead of being turned into sayter-like
the followers of Shub-Niggurath are turned into her young.
Those are awesome, too - but they lack that certain "ickyness" that some of the other creatures have. I like it when a monster looks so disgusting, you would never dare touch it, even if it was dead. Tongue Those creatures look a little bit too "clean" I think, like wood or something... but those twig-shaped appendages would be great if they were stalking you in a forest. Not only would it serve as natural camouflage , once you know what they look like, you would start seeing an enemy in the silhouette of every harmless bush!

Congratulations for the 300th post! *throws confetti*
Don't worry, you can sleep well tonight. Just dream of you driving it insane with your even scarier form!

That was my thought for it. These Dark Young (formally human females) could 'morph' their skin to resemble the look and feel of the local trees/bush, its tentacles would be the limbs (or mold unto the body to make a thicker base), the 'leaves' (which can also change color and shape) fold down to be armor, and she would 'wisper in the wind' drawing unsuspecting men to their doom (unless your responses happened to please her)!

Thank you! *bows in thankfulness just as 300 confetti completely covers me*
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 01:18 AM by The Rock Worm.)
08-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Ah...sometimes I think there is no horror mankind can imagine that hasn't already been created by mother nature in one way or the other. Behold - the Octopus with 96 Tentacles. Ninety-six. Tentacles. This thing EXISTS.

Anyway, what I actually wanted was something different. Since you're more of an expert on Lovecraftian lore than I am, do you know what this creature is called?
08-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

The Flying Polyp looks horrifying. In open environments (like the Choir from TDD), it would shine. You wouldn't see it coming until it was too late. The last direction you think to look is up. However, as referenced earlier in the thread, many of Lovecraft's creatures don't resemble humans. Deep Ones have a humanoid shape, but do not resemble humans other than its basic bodily structure. Speaking of the Deep Ones, judging on what they look like and the bestiary's description, they might make for some interesting beings to inhabit claustrophobic, damp places like a sewer network or a dark tunnel. I'll have to make sure to lead Lovecraft's works soon so I can get a better
description of these creatures and what they do.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 01:26 AM by Zaffre.)
08-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-24-2012, 01:21 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Ah...sometimes I think there is no horror mankind can imagine that hasn't already been created by mother nature in one way or the other. Behold - the Octopus with 96 Tentacles. Ninety-six. Tentacles. This thing EXISTS.

Anyway, what I actually wanted was something different. Since you're more of an expert on Lovecraftian lore than I am, do you know what this creature is called?
Wow! I had never heard nor seen that before! I never realized that was possible! Congrats on the find Cool

That monster looks like a Leng Spider (here is a Call of Cthulhu LCG version http://fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_conten...spider.png) They are gigantic purple siders. Not sure what Lovecraft story its from, but makes those Penumbra Spiders look pathetic!
08-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: Wow! I had never heard nor seen that before! I never realized that was possible! Congrats on the find [img]images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Apparently it's a one of a kind mutation, not a species. I don't know if that makes it less horrifying or more...

I think a bigger spider enemy of some sorts would be pretty awesome and scare most people to death. I mean there's a mod that replaces the Frost Spiders in Skyrim with Bears because some people just couldn't stand fighting them xD
The smaller spiders could also be used to greater effect I think if they were used in greater numbers. It would probably cause problems with performance and framerate but just imagine, you're walking through a tunnel and all of a sudden the walls and ceiling start to move - because they're covered entirely in spiders! I'm sure, even the most die-hard spider fan would get goosebumps from that. Smile

And while I'm actually the exact opposite of an Arachnophobe (I love spiders ^^), I have to say that giant spider in Limbo made my skin crawl. Many spider enemies in games hiss and jump in your face to scare you, but the way that thing followed you - slow but determined and unstoppable and without making a sound was waaaay more effective.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2012, 11:30 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Find
Tommy Gun Offline

Threads: 26

Night gaunts anyone?

Not an image
08-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Coincidence? I don't think so...
Spoiler below!

[Image: 71141148.jpg]
08-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(08-24-2012, 12:31 PM)Tommy Gun Wrote: Night gaunts anyone?
How did I forget to add that into this poll? They would be great for a dark area/levels! Found a fandrawing (not mine) of a Night Gaunt here: http://eclectixx.deviantart.com/art/Nigh...-283890058

I'd love to see one in a game (though I can only imagine what it would do to you upon finding you in the game).
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Hey guys, you know the Shoggoth?
I think it was featured in one of frictional games's older games already.

This one I believe:
Spoiler below!
[url]http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/fiend[/url]
After I beat the game I looked through the files and found an enemy in the game known as "Shoggoth".
It is this brown slime looking thing with a sideways mouth.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
08-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Find