Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Discussion about religion
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Discussion about religion

You cant possibly blame religion for people's action.

I'm a christian and i am well aware of what kind of people follow the religion i do.

There are fanatics, extremists and people that really are narrow minded and like to follow the teachings of medieval church. I hate those people, infact i know quite a lot of fellow religious types that are like " If you dont do that you go to hell, hey you said something bad you're going to hell, You forgot to go to church yesterday you are going to hell"

But please, understand that even though there are quite a lot of those types, not everyone is like that.

I see a lot of you have experience of religion being shoved down your throat and such. But in my case it was right the opposite. People in school laughed at me, mocked me and insulted me because i believe in God. I get always asked questions "why do you believe this crap, you know god doesn't exist right ?"

I am preety subtle about my religion, my friend which i've been with for more than 10 years didn't even know i was religious untill one day we just happened to have a discussion about the topic. Once he noticed im religious he said that he doesn't want anything to do with me.

I know there are atheists yelling that all christians should be thrown into arena of lions (Yes i've already heard that from few inviduals).

The point about the text above is, that it doesn't matter which religion you follow, where you are from or what skin you are, there are bad people and good people everywhere.

Aaaanyway, i'm a.. special type of christian. I dont want to put myself in the branches of "catholic", "protestant" and like. I have my own definition of the religion i follow, I believe in God and Jesus but once again i have my own definitions about rules and everything. I don't agree with everything the vatican decided. I don't agree that we should hate homosexuals, i don't agree about many things. But i still believe in God.

Also, i noticed that atheists like to brag about how open minded they are, how they think for themselves, yet the sit on their lazy bums, nodding their head on what scientists say. There really is no difference between them and religious people (incoming heavily insulted hardcore atheists).

Just 1 more thing, just stop saying how aggresive religion is and how it forces its beliefs. Check 9gag 60% posts insulting religion and making fun of jesus, everyone using the term flying jesus jumpscare, and every single time i state somewhere about being religious i get tons of PM's trying to tell me how retarded i am and how god doesn't exist.

I have good reasons for becoming religious and i won't share them cuz i just know what the after effects are going to be like.

And science vs religion discussion is pointless, it has no end because not atheist nor religion can prove anyone wrong

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 12:03 PM by Nice.)
09-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38

EVERYONE TAKE THIS!

[Image: 0808271317275.jpg]

Because there's going to be a HUGE religion shitstorm.

PS I'm Atheist and not bitching about it, others such as christians, muslims, jews etc. should do the same.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
09-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-16-2012, 12:13 PM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: EVERYONE TAKE THIS!

[stormpreventer.jpg]

Because there's going to be a HUGE religion shitstorm.
Not here on Frictional forums I can assure you. Most of us are fairly open mined about the subject from what I can see.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Find
Youcef Offline

Threads: 5

I usually don’t join this kind of discussions, but for this time, I would like to teach you a little about Islam, the way of life of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

So try to watch these videos, which I hope will give you answers and some clarifications.

For the atheists to reflect upon :

For the christians :

Science and Religion :

09-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-16-2012, 01:14 PM)Youcef Wrote: I usually don’t join this kind of discussions, but for this time, I would like to teach you a little about Islam, the way of life of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

So try to watch these videos, which I hope will give you answers and some clarifications.

[Then holy shit, lots of videos]
A person is taking a walk through the park, when there comes a sudden gust of wind - in turn knocking a weak branch onto the person's head.

Now let's say that this person was about to do something they'd regret, and that knock to the head made them decide they needed to lay down. The event that may have occurred does not; should this "Event leading to a positive solution" mean there was another hand that played itself, in the little observable instance? Or is it more likely that this all happened by coincidence?

One of the primary stances humanity takes, is that often, happenings that reach to meaningful results are planned; Creation including. One may prefer to believe that the Universe was created as substance, for our existence. This is a very arrogant and ridiculous notion: we beings call the tiny collection of rock and metal home, a home that lies on the corner of an arm, of a galaxy beside billions just like it.

It is not that the Universe is so amazing, that it must have a creator. It is that the Universe is so amazing, that no single being, or force other than itself has any right to take claim over it.
09-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

One thing I do find arrogant In Christians is that they try to disprove the big bang theory always forget to mention some thing that could show their logic is incorrect.

First off. The Big bang theory... is... well... just a theory. they point out "well if there was a dust cloud before the big bag. where did it came from?" well we don't know that yet do we? we don't know but we are trying to figure it out! As a matter of fact if God existed before earth where did he came from? Christians always point out defects on the Big Bang theory that also exist in their own religion and I seriously find it annoying!

another thing I don't like is that Christians to disprove scientific discoveries without analyzing the data themselves! they don't study why scientists came to the conclusion that the known universe started whit the Big Bang. They did not study why Darwin came to the conclusion that every species on earth Evolved from a single cell, when the prof is right in front of their nose! Dogs! look at dogs! Man has molded wolfs in countless generations to create every dog race! evolution is precisely this but whiteout human intervention in thousands of years! but Christians "disprove" this just by saying that evolution was not included in their book! therefore Satan! it makes no sense!

I personally am ok whit religious people. But not when they are against scientific discoveries!
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 02:55 PM by Danny Boy.)
09-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(09-16-2012, 02:55 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: One thing I do find arrogant In Christians is that they try to disprove the big bang theory always forget to mention some thing that could show their logic is incorrect.

First off. The Big bang theory... is... well... just a theory. they point out "well if there was a dust cloud before the big bag. where did it came from?" well we don't know that yet do we? we don't know but we are trying to figure it out! As a matter of fact if God existed before earth where did he came from? Christians always point out defects on the Big Bang theory that also exist in their own religion and I seriously find it annoying!

another thing I don't like is that Christians to disprove scientific discoveries without analyzing the data themselves! they don't study why scientists came to the conclusion that the known universe started whit the Big Bang. They did not study why Darwin came to the conclusion that every species on earth Evolved from a single cell, when the prof is right in front of their nose! Dogs! look at dogs! Man has molded wolfs in countless generations to create every dog race! evolution is precisely this but whiteout human intervention in thousands of years! but Christians "disprove" this just by saying that evolution was not included in their book! therefore Satan! it makes no sense!

I personally am ok whit religious people. But not when they are against scientific discoveries!
Danny, it's called ignorance. Calm down, it looks like your sentences are making less sense. (I get what you're saying, though) I do agree completely with the canine species argument; the fucking proof of it right there, but all they say is "It's different". When I was a kid, a college student told me to "Grow a pair" cause I didn't discriminate against gays, so then to justify his stance, he explained how our gene pool is "A closed circle. Imagine a bag with a green ball, a red ball, and a blue ball. If you checked the bag every day they would stay the same." I shit you not! This was a very ignorant person, didn't matter whether he was religious or not, but he was and it didn't seem to help his argument that he's better than us.

I said "What if someone took the blue ball when you weren't there, because blue was their favorite color? The red and green balls would thus remain in the bag, thanks to their natural traits. By the way, fuck you."
09-16-2012, 03:07 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote:One thing I do find arrogant In Christians
Can we not bash every Christian, always, ever? That is the basis of flame wars.

Also, replace the word "Christian" with "Religious zealot", and your post is more or less correct.

Furthermore, the kind of people doing those things are usually those who have political agendas.

Religion and Politics shouldn't mix. The US constitution, Treaty of Tripoli, everything about the US documentation suggests that the US was NOT founded on religious belief. Try telling that to the Bible Thumpers who swear that "In God We Trust" was on our currency from day one.(It wasn't until the 1950's or 60's.)

It infuriates me that these people actually have representatives keeping progressive laws at bay.(Because any idea newer than 3000 years is WRONG WRONG WRONG.)

...and that is my rant on religious zealots.
Quote: I said "What if someone took the blue ball when you weren't there,
because blue was their favorite color? The red and green balls would
thus remain in the bag, thanks to their natural traits. By the way, fuck
you."
Well said. Also, inanimate objects can't fuck. His argument is irrelevant.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM by Ghieri.)
09-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Find
Youcef Offline

Threads: 5

(09-16-2012, 02:55 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: I personally am ok whit religious people. But not when they are against scientific discoveries!
Go watch the third video I posted, you'll see how strong is the relationship between Islam and science is. God invites you to study his creations to better understand him.

“Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy”.

Dr Gary Miller says about this verse: “One of the well known scientific principles is the principle of finding mistakes or looking for mistakes in a theory until it’s proved to be right (Falsification Test). What’s amazing is that the Holy Qur'an asks Muslims and non-muslims to try to find mistakes in this book and it tells them that they will never find any”. He also says about this verse: "No writer in the world has the courage to write a book and say that it’s empty of mistakes, but the Qur'an, on the contrary, tells you that it has no mistakes and asks you to try to find one and you won’t find any."

The videos may be long but they are worth it.

09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

EDIT: You know what? Nevermind. I think I'll ignore this.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 03:47 PM by Ghieri.)
09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Find