Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture problem after patch
AnUub1s Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Overture problem after patch

Hello,
i´ve got my copy of Penumbra: Overture from the
czech gaming magazine "Level" (not in english sorry) issue 157 March 2007,
the game wasnt runnig because of some odd error so i didnt play it,
now nearly one year after i bought the game i instaled the (actual) patch hoping that the game will now run
but sudenly the game wants a serial key from me even though i didnt need
one before and i didnt get one with the game (before the patch i could start the game i heard the menu music but the the game crashed afterward).
thx 4 any hlp Big Grin

PSConfusedorry for any grammar issues
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Find
karelchromy Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Overture problem after patch

Same for me, the game worked for me before but with flashing textures, I've bought it together with game magazine Level too, so I was eager when Jens announced patch to be released today, but what was my surprise when I saw a CD key is needed.
Is there any chance for me running the game with latest patch without serial or releasing patch without serial request?
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

The patch only works for games bought in our shop at this point.
02-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Find
GanjaStar Offline

you could at least let us have patch 1.0.2 download link so we can have some patch... My game was working fine, occasional crashes, but I could always progress, but I always install new patches. I'm in the same boat as the guys above. Now i'm stuck with an upatched version, because you only offer the latest patch....

I payed for the magazine, and i bought black plague so this strikes me as negligence on your part.
03-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

That was my mistake. Ff you look at the support we only have one update available for any game, as we always overwrite the old patch and make all patches include previous patches.

So I updated the support as I always do and didn't think much more of it. But yes you are correct in this case keeping the 1.0.2 is understandable.

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/66/
03-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Website Find
karelchromy Offline

I don't know if it's a bug or no but with 1.0.3 in the mines, there's room called REFINERY, where you have to set all 4 hydraulic rams to rise, but problem comes with control panel, when I mouse over the control buttons in normal mode it doesn't show hand cursor or anything like I'm used to on all other controllable elements.
Played whole Overture with 1.0.3 through again but found only this (maybe) bug, so I have to say great job guys, I'm happy again Smile
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Find
phlebvam Offline

I bought this game retail about a year ago, but had graphical issues. Back then I was able to bypass the CD Key and I am unable to do it now. Please help. I have installed both patches but still have problems. The CD Key shows about 15 zeros tpyed in when I start the game.
05-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Find