Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Learning stuff?
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Learning stuff?

(09-25-2012, 05:45 PM)Lucke Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 10:52 PM)crisosphinx Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 10:35 PM)Lucke Wrote: I'm currently studying Computing in college yes, but only just started so I barely know anything yet and apparently the course will only involve a little amount of coding/programming.

I'm not sure if you're mistaking college for the american term (i.e University) So you might be thinking i'm studying at a higher level or something.

At the moment i'm learning more about how computers actually work through logic gates and binary etc, so nothing to do with coding or programming yet :{

I assume you're from Wales? Aye, I am probably mistaking College for University; however, my "University" was called "College for Creative Studies", granted, it was specialized. I was an art major. So, I don't know if I am correct in asking if you go to "College", but yes, I was wondering if you were in a higher level of education.

What is a College considered to be in your country (this is suiting to be in the off-topic part of the forum XD )?

How did you know I am Welsh Tongue?

We can start college here at 16 and join at any later did if we wish. It is free if you're full time and sometimes you can get paid. The alternative to going to college is going to what we call "Sixth Form", which is more like the american system. Its where you stay on at your school for an extra two years. For some it can be better going there because less people go to them, but your options of studying is limited.

So to put it simply; College is a higher form of education once you have passed school at 16 (GCSE's etc.)
Once you have qualified in your subjects, you earn points (UCAS Points). Many subjects in University require a certain amount of points. The better Uni's will want you to have more than the not so good ones.
It was either Welsh or British-English. I try not to assume English. ;] If the Brits get angry at me for that, then I apologize. Haha. I like to know my world geography.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
09-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Good guess! Most people do assume England when someone mentions something about the UK... Don't forget Scottish and Irish Tongue But yeah this is off topic now X_X

[Image: luv.gif]
09-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(09-26-2012, 11:26 AM)Lucke Wrote: Good guess! Most people do assume England when someone mentions something about the UK... Don't forget Scottish and Irish Tongue But yeah this is off topic now X_X
I'm Irish and Scottish in heritage. :3 I try not to assume that either, because most people in America have that kind of heritage. Welsh? Not from what I recall.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
09-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yeah I know a lot of Americans have Irish heritage, not so much Scottish though I didn't think.

And yeah Welsh heritage hasn't really gone far, my ancestors were italian so I'm not entirely of Welsh heritage.

[Image: luv.gif]
09-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Find