Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got a few questions...
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
got a few questions...

Hey all, i've been wondering.. Is it possible to make it like a sound is coming from a certain zone ? Like, the closer you get, the louder it gets. I've tried putting the "sounds" thing in level editor, and reduced distance but i can still hear it even if its like on the other side of the map, volume doesn't change when i get closer/further.

2. Is it possible to force a grunt/brute/... to RUN to a certain pathnode ? not walk, RUN. Without chasing you.

And last question, How can i block a player from going somewhere ? i heard there is something like invisible-block-node-thingys. Invisible wall is what i mean if u haven't figured it out Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
09-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: got a few questions...

1. The "sound" box has something like "Use Default". Untick that, and in "Distance" there are 2 bars. Min and Max. Enter an appropriate number there.

2. You'll have to edit a variable in the model (the "walk" speed). You'll also need the Pathnode function. I don't know of a function that makes a monster "run" without chasing you.

3. Yes, in the entities, go to "technical", and use "block_box". Make sure it is big enough.

For scripts, go here: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2012, 08:26 PM by Robby.)
09-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Website Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

thank you very much

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
09-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-25-2012, 08:30 PM)CowardlyDog Wrote: thank you very much
The best I can do. I can get into more detail if you're stuck (pay in mind the timezone I have if I don't respond).

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2012, 04:40 PM by Robby.)
09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Website Find