Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dishonored - RELEASED!
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Dishonored - RELEASED!

How is this thread not a thing yet? Oh well here I go.

[Image: Dishonored_box_art_Bethesda.jpg]
If you don't know what Dishonored is here's a little taste:

Here's a little info:
Wikipedia Wrote:Set in the fictional industrial city of Dunwall, modeled after seventeenth century London, Dishonored follows Corvo Attano, a legendary bodyguard to the Empress who is framed for her murder and forced to become an assassin to seek revenge on those who conspired against him. Attano is aided in his quest by the Outsider, a powerful being who imbues him with magical abilities.

Several actors provide voice work for the game, including Susan Sarandon, Brad Dourif, Carrie Fisher, and Chloë Grace Moretz.

The game is played from a first-person perspective and allows the player to tackle a series of assassination missions in a variety of ways, with an emphasis on player choice. Missions can be tackled by stealth, combat or a combination of both. Exploring levels opens new paths and alternatives for accomplishing mission goals, and it is possible to complete all missions and eliminate all of Attano's targets in a non-lethal manner. The story and missions are modified based on violent actions, or lack thereof, committed by the player. Magical abilities are designed to be combined to create new, more powerful effects.
Screenshots:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 01assassinrefineryjpg-44107d_640w.jpg]

[Image: ratswarmjpg-acfe76_640w.jpg]
[Image: pendletonjpg-9d8d5d_640w.jpg]

Now for that new video you saw me mention in the thread title. It's an interactive trailer where you can decide where the gameplay goes by clicking on annotations at the end of each video:

So that's basically all I have for Dishonored for now. What do you guys think? Love it, hate it, skeptical? Post your thoughts all down below!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 05:08 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Dishonored - (New Interavtive Trailer!)

Yes, I am waiting for this game, but I forgot to mention it in the "Games you look forward to" thread.

I somehow like the style it is using.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: Dishonored - (New Interactive Trailer!)

I haven't heard much about this game, other than it's really looked forward to.
Watched the trailers. I can now agree that I want this game. Or at least play it. It looks almost like it has Bioshock-esque "Powers" along with stealth and swordplay. Do want.

10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(10-04-2012, 07:05 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: I haven't heard much about this game, other than it's really looked forward to.
Watched the trailers. I can now agree that I want this game. Or at least play it. It looks almost like it has Bioshock-esque "Powers" along with stealth and swordplay. Do want.
This pretty much sums it up for me.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I just hope they don't make the Outsider the true baddie. That would be such predictable twist if they threw that in there.

Image by BandyGrass
10-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

I am really looking forward to this, its going to be a massive game, its got the gameplay i like, its art style seriously gives me flashbacks to Theif 2: Metal Age, its got a lot of british people in the VO cast, wich alwasy gives a game a little extra kudos to me personally, well, ok... im gushing, lets just say its the first game i have pre ordered in over 8 months. i simply cant wait.

oh, kreekaron, i think bethesda learned there lesson with RAGE.. i dont think they are going to allow a seriously hackneyed story out the studio again, it didnt do there rep a lot of good, and a bad rep is bad for business.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012, 07:31 PM by the dark side.)
10-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

I think I can agree with "the dark side". Yeah, looks like a very great game indeed.

10-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Website Find
rndmnwierd Offline

Threads: 1

I remember seeing stuff for it quite a while back and then I forgot about it in my excitement for the new AC and Hitman games... Shame on me, I know.

...Now I'm back to wanting this so hard...

I know my name is a mouthful, use rndy if you like!

The YouTube thing that I do
10-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Early review of the game over here. Also it was awarded 9.5

I know you can't trust early reviews much, but it's still nice to look at. Also, judging from what I've read, a very VERY through run of Dishonored will take 22 hours, and some other people claim the game has taken them 6 or 7, so I think it's based on play-style. However some people have also said it took them 4 hours to beat as well.

Here are some comments on the guy who beat it in 4 hours:

Quote:Seriously people need to get their facts straight before writing articles. The stream that the "4 hour run came from" actually took 7-9 hours. In doing so the player played on the easiest difficulty, rushed through the missions, did none of the side content, and skipped all the cutscenes. In comparison Skyrim likewise can be completed in under 3 hours.

(Regarding a person who was wondering if the playthrough really was 4 hours) Wrote:It's not, the player in question was able to beat the game on easy by running straight through it and killing everyone in their path. They did not explore anything, or do any of the side quest. A stream was posted of said play through on 4chan. The developer estimates the game should take between 20-25 hours to finish, if you play it in a somewhat stealthy, exploratory manner.

And here's someone who at least says he's one of the devs, or publishers:

Quote:Matt from Bethesda here. Four hours would be an unusually fast for a first playthrough. The average player is more likely to play through the game in 12-24 hours, with the total playtime varying depending on how much side content is played.

Not saying 4 hours is impossible though. Members of BGS did speedruns of Skyrim in 2 1/2 hours.

Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2012, 06:13 AM by Kreekakon.)
10-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Find
Dr.Rumstain Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Dishonored - Early Review

So its Thief with powers....and your an Assassin....sounds good.

Here lies a man who did no good,
and if he lived,
he never would.
When he is gone or how he fairs,
nobody knows and nobody cares.
10-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Find