Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What are your thoughts on Black Plague?
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: What are your thoughts on Black Plague?

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:
Spoiler below!
this may be a spoiler; not sure. but Thaliur, you said some carry a small axe. Is this the part when you enter this room to find a pipe that is leaking; and you find another pipe in the trash to fix it?
that tuurnigate has an axe or a crowbar? I always thought it was a crowbar, but I am actually too afraid to get too close to find out. so you may be right.
Reading that made me wonder about "Freeman" in overture. not saying there is a connection though.
from what i reacall the crowbar is in the room with the pipes
03-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Find
Unregistered

I loved Penumbra Black Plague, I only wish it was alot longer Smile
03-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Nemi79 Wrote:I loved Penumbra Black Plague, I only wish it was alot longer Smile
Indeed.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Find
DanteDMC Offline

Threads: 3

roadkiller Wrote:
DanteDMC Wrote:For those of you that have played the demo or have bought the game, what do you think of the BP installment?

Personally, so far, I think it's great. I've also noticed some the suggestions that we all made were put into the game. The atmosphere seem creepier and I like the new enemy "the infected"; it's a lot more creepier that the zombie dogs. The only con that I found in this installment is that there is no combat. I hate having to run away every time I encounter some enemy. But all in all, so far; and I say "so far" because I just started playing it, the game is a step above from the first one!

Quick Edit: On the no combat part that I wrote about...can someone help me clarify this. I heard that there are no weapons in this game; I haven't encountered any so far, however as I was trying to do a little amature modding myself, I found some files that imply that there are a fire axe and a crowbar. Can some one confirm this and if so let me know where they are in case I missed them?

There's A thread how to get the pick axe and hammer in black plague I hope you find it Wink

What! No freakin way! I got some searching to do, however...I also heard that you can't kill the infected. So even if I do find them, I gotta mod something or someone does, in order to make them be able to die.
03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

DanteDMC Wrote:
roadkiller Wrote:
DanteDMC Wrote:For those of you that have played the demo or have bought the game, what do you think of the BP installment?

Personally, so far, I think it's great. I've also noticed some the suggestions that we all made were put into the game. The atmosphere seem creepier and I like the new enemy "the infected"; it's a lot more creepier that the zombie dogs. The only con that I found in this installment is that there is no combat. I hate having to run away every time I encounter some enemy. But all in all, so far; and I say "so far" because I just started playing it, the game is a step above from the first one!

Quick Edit: On the no combat part that I wrote about...can someone help me clarify this. I heard that there are no weapons in this game; I haven't encountered any so far, however as I was trying to do a little amature modding myself, I found some files that imply that there are a fire axe and a crowbar. Can some one confirm this and if so let me know where they are in case I missed them?

There's A thread how to get the pick axe and hammer in black plague I hope you find it Wink

What! No freakin way! I got some searching to do, however...I also heard that you can't kill the infected. So even if I do find them, I gotta mod something or someone does, in order to make them be able to die.
I think they are killable.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Find
DanteDMC Offline

Threads: 3

Kedjane Wrote:
DanteDMC Wrote:
roadkiller Wrote:

I think they are killable.

The only reason that I don't think that the infected are killable is because someone on the forums made a very good point about the tape that's about to expose the infecteds' weakness and then the guy on the tape get's killed right before he can mention it, hence we will never know how to kill them.
03-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

that means nothing. it seems common in some action/sci-fi/horror films, just when you're about to know, something happens.
I see your point though; but it really could go both ways.
03-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

They're killable, but takes along time to do so.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Find
Pigov Offline

Threads: 6

My thoughts? It was an okay game. While Overture raised questions, Black Plague only strives to answer them.

Overall, I'd say Overture is a 9/10 game, and BP a 6/10. I loved the eerie silence of Overture, which was all the time broken by Clarence in BP. Also, the puzzles in Overture were just amazing (the radio, Lake Uqutaq), and BP? I didn't like a single one of BP's puzzles, sorry.

The infected are scary the first few times you encounter them. Then you get used to them, which drops the whole immersiveness. Having only three types of enemies was bad enough in Overture, and dropping it to one in BP was a disaster.

In short, for me, it sadly was a disappointment. I am happy that the story made sense and didn't leave us with another cliffhanger.
03-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

I liked Black Plague, but it wasn't as good as Overture. I liked how the combat system was better and the awsome puzzles. It's just that most of the questions that Overture raised were answered within the 1st hour. I liked not knowing what exatly was going on and in Black Plague I felt like I knew was too much about were I was and what I was doing. In fact, after about half way through I felt like there was no need to continue because I had no questions. I didn't like how instead of my goal being to learn more about my dad, my goal became to make a cure.
03-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Find