Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Are you looking forward to the full release?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
50.00%
2 50.00%
No!
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Project Amnesia
Projektamensia Offline

Threads: 3
Project Amnesia

Yo bros :p

Me and my 3 friends (from sweden) are going to graduate soon and we are working on a school project. And of course our school project is an Amensia mod!
The mod is really serious because it is a school project so it is not an shitty custom storie!
This thursday (18 october) we will realse the alpha 2.0 at this website: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-horrors-of...reenborogh

So feel free to track us and download the custom storie at thursday. Wink
And please comment and/or give us some tip and tell us if you find any bugs!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-horrors-of...reenborogh
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 10:01 PM by Projektamensia.)
10-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Project Amnesia

I'm from sweden too. I have been modding Amnesia for a while, so I might be able to provide help in case you need it. What grade are you guys in?

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

From the screenshots I've looked at, I think it is really lacking in detail. There are all sorts of goodies you can use to spruce up the appearance of empty rooms: decals, particle systems, furniture, miscellaneous ornaments, etc.

I'd also suggest working on the lighting, everything seems really bright, and the colors you are using in the light tool don't seem to match the ones given off by the various lamps.

One thing that I think is very seldom done is looking at the original game's maps for a reference; no one knows the engine better than the ones who created it.

Good luck on your modding endeavor.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

"The year is 1826, and William Salomon, a man from Great Brittan, has just arrived in Castle Greenborogh after receiving a letter that claimed that he had inherrited the castle. After a while he realises that something is wrong with the castle."

Dosent sound interesting enough(at all) in my opinion, its sounds like its just an excuse to how the player got there, which is being very disrespectful to story.
It might be that you have some great and interesting story planned, but those 2 sentences makes it sound like any other custom story, and im guessing...no I expect you to go beyond that if you wish graduate on this.

Lastly Good luck.
10-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Find
Projektamensia Offline

Threads: 3

(10-15-2012, 10:36 PM)Acies Wrote: I'm from sweden too. I have been modding Amnesia for a while, so I might be able to provide help in case you need it. What grade are you guys in?
Highschool the last year. I would be really glad if you want to help us. Out custom story is just in the alpha state and we got a couple of alpha/beta testers but if you want to be a part of it, I can send our feedbackform (in swedish) and you can send it back. You can find some questions in the feedbackform that I want you to answer then. Tongue

(10-15-2012, 10:44 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: From the screenshots I've looked at, I think it is really lacking in detail. There are all sorts of goodies you can use to spruce up the appearance of empty rooms: decals, particle systems, furniture, miscellaneous ornaments, etc.

I'd also suggest working on the lighting, everything seems really bright, and the colors you are using in the light tool don't seem to match the ones given off by the various lamps.

One thing that I think is very seldom done is looking at the original game's maps for a reference; no one knows the engine better than the ones who created it.

Good luck on your modding endeavor.
Sorry i did not mention it but our custom story is just in the alpha state and we are going to release the alpha 2.0 this Thursday! In that alpha, we got particle systems and we have fixed the brightness.

And NOTE: we have 0 experience when it comes to game modification and stuff like that xD

But stay tuned, alpha 2.0 release Thursday! Wink

(10-15-2012, 11:23 PM)martinnord Wrote: "The year is 1826, and William Salomon, a man from Great Brittan, has just arrived in Castle Greenborogh after receiving a letter that claimed that he had inherrited the castle. After a while he realises that something is wrong with the castle."

Dosent sound interesting enough(at all) in my opinion, its sounds like its just an excuse to how the player got there, which is being very disrespectful to story.
It might be that you have some great and interesting story planned, but those 2 sentences makes it sound like any other custom story, and im guessing...no I expect you to go beyond that if you wish graduate on this.

Lastly Good luck.
Those sentences is just a short summary of the whole story. We got a really interesting story planned and you can read it in the notes/intro in the game. Wink
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2012, 01:43 PM by Projektamensia.)
10-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I always thought it was funny when people have, like, a couple alpha and beta stages for their custom stories. They're just custom stories, folks.

Best of luck with your project, though, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask here!

[Image: signature-2.png]
10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Yep, if it's a project that can mark your life (like this one) we will love to help. I'm opened.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Find