Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Outlast
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: IGN calls Outlast, "The next Amnesia"

IGN, the first few letters of the word IGNORANT, or IGNORAMUS

Or, Idiot Gamers Nation, because IGN should never be taken seriously
03-31-2013, 04:35 AM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(03-31-2013, 04:35 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: IGN, the first few letters of the word IGNORANT, or IGNORAMUS

That's not really helping.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
03-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(03-31-2013, 09:22 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 04:35 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: IGN, the first few letters of the word IGNORANT, or IGNORAMUS

That's not really helping.

You seem to have me confused with someone who cares about whether or not this is 'helping'

The thread is about IGN's ridiculous article about how Outlast is the 'next Amnesia' when the 'next amnesia' is already in production, so I gave my opinion, you have a problem with that, too bad.
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2013, 11:31 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
03-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(03-31-2013, 10:25 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: You seem to have me confused with someone who cares about whether or not this is 'helping'

The thread is about IGN's ridiculous article about how Outlast is the 'next Amnesia' when the 'next amnesia' is already in production, so I gave my opinion, you have a problem with that, too bad.

I don't have a problem with if you think the article is bad, or not. You're perfectly entitled to that. What I do have somewhat of a problem with is that you go beyond the article itself, and imply/call the whole of IGN as an unreliable source without offering a more constructive feedback beyond insulting IGN. I can tell you in reality that they actually give quite of alot of useful information, and their opinions on many matters while several are indeed as you say "ignorant", I have a hard time believing personally that the bad articles exceed the good ones, because there are a quite a lot of good ones.

Also, I don't really see how you can dislike the article for saying the game is the "next amnesia". "Next amnesia" does not mean it in a literal way like AMFP is rather that it is used as a compliment for what might be a good horror game.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2013, 06:39 AM by Kreekakon.)
04-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

"Also, I don't really see how you can dislike the article for saying the game is the "next amnesia". "Next amnesia" does not mean it in a literal way like AMFP is rather that it is used as a compliment for what might be a good horror game."

Well most of the people here don't get that straight.

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2013, 07:38 AM by Sarcophagus.)
04-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Website Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
Outlast... Again

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/23/how...is-outlast

This game is gonna be really popular with "Let's Play"ers...
04-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Outlast... Again

That monster looks like some shitty macho man.

[Image: p229xcq]
04-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Oh great. I was excited for the game, even though the trailer was HEAVILY scripted, it looked promising.

But now that I know it's going to be a jumpscare fest? Probably won't get it unless it's gifted to me or goes on sale.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
04-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Those aren't jump scares, those are jumping closet naked men scares.

I wish in Horror games your character would actually fucking run. I'm a regular 5"11 guy, I can run pretty fast if I get the shit scared out of me. Please god, let me run. Pump that adrenaline through my body.
It looks really stupid when the enemy characters have to basically run close to your speed or just a bit faster, so you see this slow ass jog towards you.

I hope the enemies always kill you within 2 hits (90% of the time 1 shot), getting hit over and over again ruins immersion.

Does this remind anyone of the old Doom 3 Demo? At the end the Hell Knight rips your head off.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2013, 12:11 AM by Rapture.)
04-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

(04-24-2013, 11:49 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Oh great. I was excited for the game, even though the trailer was HEAVILY scripted, it looked promising.

But now that I know it's going to be a jumpscare fest? Probably won't get it unless it's gifted to me or goes on sale.

I'll buy it, depending on the price. The setting may be cliche, but it looks like it could be really atmospheric as well. Keep in mind they probably want to market to a wide audience with this game considering how good the graphics look, hence the jump-scare filled coverage and the cgi scripted trailer. While it definitely looks now like slenderman-esque horror set in a pretty looking asylum, it could be something else entirely. Who knows, it might even have a compelling story.

But the horror game (yes it's a game, not a movie) I'm really looking forward to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-jvqJV4SI

The dev talks about, "a return to pure survival horror," sounds like something this community might be interested in.
04-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Find