Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Level Design
GoranGaming Offline

Threads: 30
Level Design

I haven't been modding Amnesia for a while and I have lost the satisfaction to continue my custome story. Thats why I offer to help people with level designing.

If you want help, PM me or write down below Smile

Map samples (The storage one is not really finished yet):
http://www.mediafire.com/?3w8ezcb36vys8n2

Current projects:

The Dark Prison 85 % (Stopped working on this one)

Unnamed Project 7 %
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM by GoranGaming.)
11-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Website Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Level Design

At least tell us a little bit about your project or put up a picture
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Find
GoranGaming Offline

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/6JsdB

My idea for the custom story was that you were escaping from a prison. As you escaped you found out that the Prison owner/chief hired new guards; who were monesters. The monsters were obedient in the beginning. But as they worked there for a few days, they started to turn up against the chief and the prisoners. So they killed nearly all prisoners.

The CS would mainly take place in prison dungeons, but I also had a big storage map.

I couldn't really take that many pictures from the prison maps because it was too dark.

Current projects:

Unnamed Project 7 %
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 09:07 PM by GoranGaming.)
11-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(11-16-2012, 09:06 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/6JsdB

My idea for the custom story was that you were escaping from a prison. As you escaped you found out that the Prison owner/chief hired new guards; who were monesters. The monsters were obedient in the beginning. But as they worked there for a few days, they started to turn up against the chief and the prisoners. So they killed nearly all prisoners.

The CS would mainly take place in prison dungeons, but I also had a big storage map.

I couldn't really take that many pictures from the prison maps because it was too dark.
Goran, they look cool. Wait, and, when you feel like doing it, work in it. Don't work when you don't want to because the result will be bad. And you don't want that, right? Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
GoranGaming Offline

(11-16-2012, 09:11 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 09:06 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/6JsdB

Goran, they look cool. Wait, and, when you feel like doing it, work in it. Don't work when you don't want to because the result will be bad. And you don't want that, right? Wink
Yeah Smile

Current projects:

Unnamed Project 7 %
11-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Hey, those screenies look really nice so far! You've done a great job coming close to the look of the original Amnesia there. Don't give up entirely on your project just yet, that would be a shame. I'd say, let it rest for a while, do something else to take your mind of it, gather some inspiration and then, when you feel like it, you can finish it. Smile But just like Chaser said - don't feel pressed to work on it if you'd rather do something else. Sometimes you just need to take a break from a project!
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 11:34 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(11-16-2012, 11:33 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Hey, those screenies look really nice so far! You've done a great job coming close to the look of the original Amnesia there. Don't give up entirely on your project just yet, that would be a shame. I'd say, let it rest for a while, do something else to take your mind of it, gather some inspiration and then, when you feel like it, you can finish it. Smile But just like Chaser said - don't feel pressed to work on it if you'd rather do something else. Sometimes you just need to take a break from a project!
Well, you expressed it better than me Wink that of a break in a project... I know very well what you say, Hirnwirbel.
Sometimes you see your CS so complicated that you say: "F**k you, Y U NO easier and more comfy to do?
But, with effort comes "victory". Do that effort whenever you want to use it, and I'm pretty sure the result will be very cool.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

From the screenshots you showed the main issue I see is your lighting. One by thing that waaaay too many people overlook is that light spreads. From what I've seen, your lighting seems to abruptly cut off most of the time (usually due to not using more light systems to spread the light, as I mentioned up there). A prime example of this would be the one with the window, the light coming from that would bounce off the floor and light up pretty much the entire room, but instead it only lights the area directly in its path. Also, whenever you place light entities you should be using pointlights to spread it out so it lights a more realistic area. Other than that this looks pretty solid, no other issues really pop out at me right now. Also, if you're lacking inspiration, it's totally ok to take a break for a while. After a while it's inevitable that you'll lose motivation, but that doesn't mean you have to completely scrap it, just take a littl time off and come back to it later.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 11:56 PM by Kman.)
11-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Website Find
GoranGaming Offline

THanks everyone for the feedback! Smile

Current projects:

Unnamed Project 7 %
11-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Website Find
GoranGaming Offline

So, is there anyone that wants some help?

Current projects:

Unnamed Project 7 %
11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Website Find