Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Admit One

(10-21-2013, 05:05 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: I, for one, thank Paddy for being raised in an orgy.

You be quiet, or I change your name to Cooked French Frog Legs

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

i tried to put the thread back on topic...

2 moderators continue to derail it. I'll spank someone tonight

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(10-21-2013, 05:12 PM)Dogfood Wrote: I'll spank someone tonight

[Image: avatar_13745.png?dateline=1379998720]
10-21-2013, 05:20 PM
Website Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(10-21-2013, 01:48 PM)Cuyir Wrote: Well, this quickly went into the ''YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND CAUSE YOU'RE MALE'' place I was expecting it to go.

Bridge is spot on, same with Kreekakon. Just because guys have had x and y doesn't mean that every single man is part of the oppressive group.

And funny thing about male privileges is that we expect men to be strong, to put everyone else before themselves and all that.

I honestly don't want to discuss this anymore if such arguments are going to be thrown around. Now more than ever I recommend people to see the videos Pahdee linked, cause wow.

Look, when you are assaulted day in and day about how imperfect your body is, then you'll understand.
When, you get blamed for being cat called and not 'taking it as a compliment', then you'll understand.
When you you get threatened with rape by standing up for yourself, then you'll understand.
When you have someone grab and try to corner and kiss you and then have everyone around you blame it on the sweater you're wearing, then you'll get it.
When your co-worker graphically describes sex with a virgin and tells you how housework is 'women's work', then you'll understand.
When you have to schedule your workout around when you're less likely to be attacked, then you'll understand.
I'm not accusing anyone here, but what I'm saying is that, being male, these things are much less likely to happen to you.

Just because you're not outwardly expressing these things, doesn't mean you don't accidentally let slip some long-ingrained, socially acceptable stuff that can actually be hurtful.

I can't tell a person of color that 'I feel bad, and I understand racial profiling sucks, blah, blah, blah' because I'm not likely to have that problem. I haven't experienced it. It's the same thing for most men trying to tell women how that what they experienced sucks. It means nothing unless actions and attitudes back it up in support.

10-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Find
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0

Really, I feel like the only female who has had men hold open doors for her and offer seats on the train instead of getting cornered and groped. Even a drunk stranger once attempted to recite poetry to me. Which makes me think that everything Abraxas described to be a US thing, because where I live, men are extremely gentlemansy.
10-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

@Abraxas: Lol, ok. The over reactionary way you're behaving is pretty indicative of the pseudo-feminist types that use blanket statements for everything.

This is hilarious for many reasons I don't care to mention cause it's *still* amusing to me and it seems it'll still keep being amusing for some time and I want to keep it this way.

Boop

I'm done with this sort of discussion. I'll contribute when there's space for actual discussion and not just...this.

@Mechavomit: not a states thing, can tell you that much. Abraxas is just rattling down the usual sins men do, cause...pseudo feminism. It happens, like in any other place, but this is just over reaction.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2013, 01:23 AM by Cuyir.)
10-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

If Abraxas has all those things happening to her, it's because she's in a shit neighborhood, not because men are evil.

But yesh, back on topic.

I don't have internal monologue which is why I am absentminded as fuck. I have to speak out loud to organize my thoughts.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2013, 02:57 AM by Ghieri.)
10-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(10-22-2013, 01:18 AM)Cuyir Wrote: @Abraxas: Lol, ok. The over reactionary way you're behaving is pretty indicative of the pseudo-feminist types that use blanket statements for everything.

This is hilarious for many reasons I don't care to mention cause it's *still* amusing to me and it seems it'll still keep being amusing for some time and I want to keep it this way.

Boop

I'm done with this sort of discussion. I'll contribute when there's space for actual discussion and not just...this.

@Mechavomit: not a states thing, can tell you that much. Abraxas is just rattling down the usual sins men do, cause...pseudo feminism. It happens, like in any other place, but this is just over reaction.

Please PM me, I'd like to to continue this discussion.

10-22-2013, 03:19 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(10-21-2013, 03:57 PM)Dogfood Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 03:44 PM)Paddy™ Wrote:
(10-21-2013, 03:34 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: How exactly is liking romantic films a wrong thing? Smile

Everything is wrong when Dogfood is involved.

Idk tell that to my friends, they're the ones yawning and making fun of the dramatic eye tearing scenes. While i'm mr.serious face through the whole thing.

We could watch romantic films together, eh? You can cry on my shoulder if you want
10-22-2013, 05:06 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

How did an "Admit your bad things" thread became a Men VS Women fight?

It's like Feminists having a goddamn argument over Men. No offense.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Find