Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Graphics Glitch on Black Plague
juliantcf Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Graphics Glitch on Black Plague

Hey forum, after a bit of troubleshooting, driver updating, and patching, I've decided to post here. When I start up Penumbra: Black Plague through Steam (where I purchased it) it runs fine, but there are some quite annoying graphical errors. Depending on where I stand/look, parts of the screen will turn black. As an example, in the very first room the game starts you in, I look over at the pipes near the door, and various things turn black. The walls, the mattress, parts of the floor, stuff like that. I've gone past the first loading screen and the problem still persists when I look at various areas. I downloaded the patch for it, but the problem still persists. I have an AMD Athlon II X2 245 @ 2.90 GHz, 10 gigs of RAM, and built into the processor there's an ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics card. Not the greatest rig, but I'm able to play Overture and Amnesia: TDD with ease at a low resolution. The patch for Black Plague is supposed to fix these problems with ATI cards, but it didn't for me. Any ideas?
12-16-2012, 02:15 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Graphics Glitch on Black Plague

10GB of ram? Nope... Maybe 1

Update your drivers for your AMD gpu
12-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Find
juliantcf Offline

Threads: 1

(12-16-2012, 10:12 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: 10GB of ram? Nope... Maybe 1

Update your drivers for your AMD gpu
Haha, I know it's a little overkill but TigerDirect had an insane deal last year on RAM. It is in fact 10 gigs.
All my drivers are up to date at this point. I actually went back into the ATI control panel and turned on Adaptive AA (which Frictional recommends to turn off if you have problems), and it almost entirely got rid of the problem. It's still happening, but way less frequently. I'm just afraid I'm gonna turn a corner and run headfirst into a black corridor full of monster screams, haha. I'll still gladly take any more suggestions, but don't feel obligated to help. Anyways, thanks for responding in the first place, Pluto!
12-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Well it is not rare for users to confuse HDD and RAM resulting is posts like: I have 1.5TB of RAM etc... so I figured this might be another case.

Drivers and messing around with the ingame settings should help but this is all because of strange AMD drivers usually...
12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

Try lowering Shader Quality. That usually helps alot

12-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Website Find