Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Factual Facts Thread
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
Factual Facts Thread

Hey had the Idea of a Thread where we can post weird and funny facts about anything!

I'll start off whit a few:

Platypuses sweat milk.

In space,astronauts are unable to cry or shed tears because there’s no gravity pull hence the tears are unable to come out.

The world’s oldest goldfish is 41 years old, named Fred.

A Cockroach can remain alive whiteout its head for weeks... The only reason they eventually die its because they are unable to eat.

Mike the Chicken "lived" 18 months after the farmer who owned it chopped its head off, but since the chicken didn't die has he would expect, He kept the body alive by feeding it trough its open throat.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 04:22 AM by Danny Boy.)
01-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Factual Facts Thread

In the medieval times, the best gift a lord could give to his vassal was a handful of dirt. This meant that they would receive a plot of land.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 04:44 AM by Zaffre.)
01-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Oh Alltime10's.... I love you.

[Image: luv.gif]
01-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I can lick my elbow

Trying is the first step to success.
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Dogs have a special "WTF face", its when they turn their head sideways
Dogs can feel the signal from TV remote when you switch channels and shit it makes them go nervous
Tarantulas can eat a whole rabbit
Dolphins are one of the most cruel animals, they kill other fish just for fun

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
01-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Really too many to count. I try to learn something new every day, and also try to verify what I read if possible, so my list of interesting facts is huge. Here are some off the top of my head:

- Spiders can stick to any surface, even wet ones (provided there is not a strong current), not by sticking hooks into them or by using adhesives, but by glitching physics by using the Van der Waals forces. It's well known that a gravitational pull exists between two close objects and spiders use this to their advantage. See, they have 600,000 tiny hairs on their feet which are so close together that when they come into contact with a surface produce an adhesive force of 170x their own weight, which means they can hang upside down pretty much effortlessly (because the hairs are doing basically all the work).

Source: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...054407.htm

This just blew my mind when I read it and just reinforced my opinion that spiders are the most badass creatures alive (there are plenty of other cool facts about spiders - check them out).

- Owls are physically incapable of moving their pupils, they must move their head to see things that aren't straight ahead.

- Plenty of specific animal species have weird collective names. These include:
Exaltation of larks
Army of frogs
Parliament of owls
Murder of crows
Culture of bacteria (this is relatively well known)
Pod of whales
Mischief of mice
Pride of lions (also well known)
Ambush of tigers

You kind of take associations like: "flock of birds" and "pack of wolves", etc. for granted, because they are just as weird if you think about it.

Source: http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Pointless...roups.html (not the most reputable, but these are all easily verifiable - this is just a handy list)

I may post more later, as I said, I have plenty. One thing I want to get clear though is that the popular misconception that duels are legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are organ donors is completely false. I used to live there and while admittedly I did not read the constitution, dueling is not a common occurrence (mugging and stabbings on the other hand…), plus I remember reading a letter from a Paraguayan government official explicitly stating that it's bullshit - can't verify though. I'm not convinced there is even a high percentage of organ donors there either. So that one is completely false in case you were thinking of posting it.
01-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

FUN FACT ABOUT ME:
If someone puts a cookie on my shoulder I can easily turn my head and pick it up with my mouth.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
01-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

[Image: Wat8.jpg?1315930535]
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Website Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(01-05-2013, 08:23 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: FUN FACT ABOUT ME:
If someone puts a cookie on my shoulder I can easily turn my head and pick it up with my mouth.

Is there anything MacGyver can't do?
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Spiders can stick to any surface, even wet ones (provided there is not a
strong current), not by sticking hooks into them or by using adhesives,
but by glitching physics by using the Van der Waals forces.
Interesting - I only knew that some geckos could do that... didn't know spiders could, too. It's all about maximizing the surface area of the feet! ^^
Quote: I'm sure you can all guess what that is, that's a fact about me.
Yes...well...I guess...I know...hm. O.O Man, I wish I could do that.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2013, 10:27 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Find