Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What "Life Stats" would you want to know before dying?
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23
RE: What "Life Stats" would you want to know before dying?

(01-07-2013, 03:04 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: All pointless... You know that roughly 6 seconds before you make a decision your subsconscious already made it for you? Life just happens and we're mere spectators.
You need to work on being less depressing. That is a negative way of thinking. Sure, if it's true you are still controlling your life.
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-07-2013, 03:04 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: All pointless... You know that roughly 6 seconds before you make a decision your subsconscious already made it for you? Life just happens and we're mere spectators.

Sure, if we're talking about decisions like "should I drown myself?", "should I stop beating my heart?", "should I place my hand into boiling water and not take it out?". But things like "should I have tuna or salmon?", "should I show up for work today?" and "is it a good idea to gamble my life savings away?" (just random dilemmas for the sake of diversity) are completely up to the conscious, logical mind. Seriously, how is it you have not committed suicide yet with such a bleak outlook on life? If you believe it because it's "truth", how about you prove it?
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM by Bridge.)
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Intelligent thought and speech =/= proper conversation.

There is a time and place for that. Some users here seem like they make it their mission to look exceedingly intelligent as though it makes them feel greater. I don't see the point in going:

"I wish not to speak of such a situation as deteriorating to the mind as that of which made me feel fear of the Brennenburg servants."

rather than:

"Dude, That grunt scared the shit out of me."

No one talks like the first option in normal speech. I don't see the reason to do it on the internet either if the situation doesn't call for it... In ways, it breaks the conversation's "norm", and irritates me. In threads such as the "Time?" and "Sexuality", intelligent conversation was necessary. Not here. Talk like normal people, there's no sense in speaking like option one.

AS FOR MY INPUT.
I'd like to know how much junk food I have eaten and more specifically, which one was eaten the most.
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-07-2013, 06:57 PM)Statyk Wrote: AS FOR MY INPUT.
I'd like to know how much junk food I have eaten and more specifically, which one was eaten the most.

I don't think that would make you happy...

Trying is the first step to success.
01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-07-2013, 06:57 PM)Statyk Wrote: Intelligent thought and speech =/= proper conversation.

There is a time and place for that. Some users here seem like they make it their mission to look exceedingly intelligent as though it makes them feel greater. I don't see the point in going:

"I wish not to speak of such a situation as deteriorating to the mind as that of which made me feel fear of the Brennenburg servants."

rather than:

"Dude, That grunt scared the shit out of me."

No one talks like the first option in normal speech. I don't see the reason to do it on the internet either if the situation doesn't call for it... In ways, it breaks the conversation's "norm", and irritates me. In threads such as the "Time?" and "Sexuality", intelligent conversation was necessary. Not here. Talk like normal people, there's no sense in speaking like option one.

AS FOR MY INPUT.

If not for the last two lines I would have thought you were in the wrong thread. What are you referencing specifically?
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM by Bridge.)
01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

@Beecake
Yeah, perhaps not. =P Still curious!

@Bridge
Just that some users use complex vocabulary and grammar in places where it kinda throws everything off. It just doesn't seem necessary =\ Like Kman said to Nemesis, he made something sound incredibly philosophical and it didn't really fit with the level of vocabulary and grammar everyone else is using here. Just speakin' my mind, really. It seemed to have thrown everyone else off as well.
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I'd love to know how many people I have pissed off in my lifetime.

01-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

# of math questions I've solved

just because

[Image: p229xcq]
01-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

http://youtu.be/hRvpUH8ojWE?t=25s
01-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Nope. It's scientifically proven that 6 seconds before you make a decision your subsconscious already made it for you. It changes nothing actually, there's not much you can do about the fact that you actually are just a spectator... It's everything we have so it's worth as much. I'd like to have a meter on reality. How much of what I lived around was actually real...

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2013, 05:41 PM by nemesis567.)
01-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Find