Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Work in progress Guild of Wrath - Custom Story
Yldrania Offline

Threads: 3
Guild of Wrath - Custom Story

[Image: GuildofWrathBanner031_zpse17cbaad.png]

I am the Master, the Lord of pain,
Soon you too will be crying in vain,
Here is where they say my bones lie,
And this is the place where you will die.

Here is where they buried my head
And here is where you'll be lying dead.

This is where I was struggling for life,
Now we will see if you survive.

Guild of Wrath Story:
Thomas Johnsson, a writer and journalist has interviewed Michael Fernell, who had previously called him telling him about a most interesting and unusual story. When Thomas arrived at Fernell's house though, he got knocked down and imprisoned deep under the manor. The following years he lived under humiliating circumstances, having to endure physical aswell as mental torture day after day. In an act of wrath he someday manages to escape the chains that bind him to Michael's will and kills his "Master". For all the pain he had had to live through before his escape, he did not consider killing Michael as enough. He gathered other victims of Michael around him and together they founded the Guild of Wrath, having only one goal: to take revenge. They rebuilt the entire manor as a labyrinth of unbelievable traps and challenges and once done captured the only relative Michael had had: His daughter Alexa. Being put into the chamber Thomas had spent multiple years of his life in, Alexa is now forced to go through that labyrinth - only having one chance to escape it: Facing the horrors that await her.

About the development team:
Team Heads: Yldrania
Team Members: Ruler, Tallie

Yldrania: 2D design, storyboard
Ruler: Voice actor
Tallie: Voice actor, storyboard

Even though we have already progressed a lot with this custom story, we are still looking for serious and motivated people to help us finish the development of this custom story. If you are interested to participate, please reply to this thread, send me a pm or a mail, reply to this thread on our forums, or visit us on our teamspeak3 server: 178.63.40.170:10000

[Image: bmabanner1.jpg]

The Guild of Wrath custom story is developed by the Bloodmoon Academy and the BmA Game Development Network. The Bloodmoon Academy is a community founded with the goal to make a difference, be different and make dreams come true.
(A website is currently under construction.)

For any questions, suggestions, or else please reply here. We are happy about constructive criticism, suggestions, interest and eventually some support. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2013, 11:14 AM by Yldrania.)
01-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Website Find
Yldrania Offline

RE: Guild of Wrath - Custom Story

http://forums.bloodmoon-academy.eu/showt...php?tid=55

You can see one example of how a room is being developed and how it looks in the end here.
(Multiple examples)
01-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Website Find
Yldrania Offline

(01-13-2013, 12:20 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I would advise changing the tiling on the floor, as well as changing some of the rotation on the boxes, you don't get perfectly stacked boxes like that all at 90 degrees.

I would also advise using pointlights for more than just the inital torch, use them, having the initial colors of the torch darken and have these darker pointlights illuminate the area around the original light, because light bounces and gets darker, so this needs to be reflected in the environment, it also helps with the aesthetics.

I will link the mapper to this so that he can read your advices. Thank you Smile
01-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Website Find
liamwylie Offline

(01-13-2013, 12:20 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I would advise changing the tiling on the floor, as well as changing some of the rotation on the boxes, you don't get perfectly stacked boxes like that all at 90 degrees.

I would also advise using pointlights for more than just the inital torch, use them, having the initial colors of the torch darken and have these darker pointlights illuminate the area around the original light, because light bounces and gets darker, so this needs to be reflected in the environment, it also helps with the aesthetics.

Hello robo!

This is a very nice little trick I did not know of! Thank you for that! I will be sure to test that out immediately and have a little play around!
01-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Find
Yldrania Offline

We will post further progress on our own forum boards soon and link you guys to it. If there is anyone out there who would like to help us with the development it would be very appreciated as we are currently in a lack of people to finish.
01-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Website Find
Yldrania Offline

I am currently looking for a scripter who knows c++ and is willing to help us out with our project. We recently also registered our mod on ModDB. You can find the link here. Every, even slightest, support is very much appreciated.
01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Website Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I thought amnesia was using AngelScript?

though this page does say its quite simular
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/
01-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5

(01-22-2013, 12:26 AM)martinnord Wrote: I thought amnesia was using AngelScript?

though this page does say its quite simular
http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/

AngelScript uses the syntax of C++ and it's really helpful to know C++ when using AngelScript.

I started scripting for Amnesia before I knew anything about C, then when I started learning C++, scripting made so much more sense and became a lot easier.

In Ruins [WIP]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 12:53 AM by NaxEla.)
01-22-2013, 12:53 AM
Find
Yldrania Offline

Our last scripter didn't know c++ and he had a lot of trouble, due to that I would require the new one to actually know it - or learn it.
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Website Find
Yldrania Offline

The first painting on the wall. It is supposed to symbolize Death as a person. The painting skills of our main enemy is developing throughout the entire story, which makes the first painting appear a bit unclear but the further into the manor we move, the better the paintings.

[Image: Ghost1_zpsd98800a0.jpg]
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Website Find