Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.43 Average
Cuddle Cutie's Nightmare
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Cuddle Cutie's Nightmare

(02-05-2013, 09:16 AM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: A good rule is to not release your first story to the public. Also, you should lurk on development support to learn how to make a good, atmospheric story...
Yeah, just like what CorinthianMerchant said, don't release it yet, improve it. Maybe some windows with a billboard or some lighting lessons. And besides don't made for one man, make it for others too. Not for PewDiePie and your Girlfriend, but everyone else, too!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-05-2013, 09:16 AM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: A good rule is to not release your first story to the public. Also, you should lurk on development support to learn how to make a good, atmospheric story...

Lurk, eh ?

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Find
DairyMilkShake Offline

Threads: 0

Hey bro, I'm a new youtuber who is playing amnesia, I am gonna give your map and record the whole thing in 1080 p, Is there any shout outs you want or anything like that? Ill throw anything you'd like to see in the description.. hopefully vid will be up tomorrow morning.. Ill submit a link here as well Smile

Just played my first segment and even though my facecam kind of shit the bed, the map was extremely fun otherwise. This is my first time playing amnesia too so I literally know nothing about it. If you want to check out my lets play of your map, click this link. In addition to that, I will leave my review here once I am finished!

Segment 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIqMWE7wZ0

Segment 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBIgD4TcT6Y

Segment 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcBkbKVv-8
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM by DairyMilkShake.)
03-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Find
HarshlyCritical Offline

Threads: 2

(03-15-2013, 04:11 AM)DairyMilkShake Wrote: Hey bro, I'm a new youtuber who is playing amnesia, I am gonna give your map and record the whole thing in 1080 p, Is there any shout outs you want or anything like that? Ill throw anything you'd like to see in the description.. hopefully vid will be up tomorrow morning.. Ill submit a link here as well Smile

Just played my first segment and even though my facecam kind of shit the bed, the map was extremely fun otherwise. This is my first time playing amnesia too so I literally know nothing about it. If you want to check out my lets play of your map, click this link. In addition to that, I will leave my review here once I am finished!

Segment 1:

So judging from your video and your comments here, you're saying you've never played the original Amnesia story, and your first Amnesia experience, period, is a custom story called "Cuddle Cutie's Nightmare"...?

I'm sorry, but that's pretty funny. Also, you need to go ahead and play the original story, because it's a masterpiece. Hit that "Start New Game" on the menu right now.
03-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Find
DairyMilkShake Offline

(03-16-2013, 03:33 PM)HarshlyCritical Wrote:
(03-15-2013, 04:11 AM)DairyMilkShake Wrote: Hey bro, I'm a new youtuber who is playing amnesia, I am gonna give your map and record the whole thing in 1080 p, Is there any shout outs you want or anything like that? Ill throw anything you'd like to see in the description.. hopefully vid will be up tomorrow morning.. Ill submit a link here as well Smile

Segment 1:

So judging from your video and your comments here, you're saying you've never played the original Amnesia story, and your first Amnesia experience, period, is a custom story called "Cuddle Cutie's Nightmare"...?

I'm sorry, but that's pretty funny. Also, you need to go ahead and play the original story, because it's a masterpiece. Hit that "Start New Game" on the menu right now.

Dude I totally would but this game is so scary, I played it again last night and I literally had to like talk myself through it. There was a point where all I wanted to do was stand there, but nobody wants to watch that so I started to walk even though my chest feels like its about to explode. Anyone whom has ever played this game is knows that like you'll play for about half an hour and you want to quit... lol or maybe that's just me. Haha I'm such a pussy.
03-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(03-16-2013, 05:16 PM)DairyMilkShake Wrote: Anyone whom has ever played this game is knows that like you'll play for about half an hour and you want to quit... lol or maybe that's just me. Haha

Their are many people like that, I am not one of them. I would play it until I was too tired to play anymore, but that is just me.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
Find
DairyMilkShake Offline

(03-16-2013, 07:44 PM)Brosive Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 05:16 PM)DairyMilkShake Wrote: Anyone whom has ever played this game is knows that like you'll play for about half an hour and you want to quit... lol or maybe that's just me. Haha

Their are many people like that, I am not one of them. I would play it until I was too tired to play anymore, but that is just me.

You're too brave, as soon as I see like the bad guy, I run away and lose my shit but then I won't know where he is, and I hate that even more because I can still hear him. I just don't know where exactly he is and that alone makes me want to quit.
03-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Weirdly enough, I was really in the mood for a simple custom story like this. I won't give any feedback, as the list would be too long, but I'll say I loved it Tongue I hope your girlfriend didn't get a heart attack!

(03-15-2013, 04:11 AM)DairyMilkShake Wrote: This is my first time playing amnesia too so I literally know nothing about it.
Segment 1:
Segment 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBIgD4TcT6Y
That was hilarious Tongue

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
03-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Find
DairyMilkShake Offline

Story Review:

I just finished the map and for my first time playing Amnesia I must say that it was rather enjoyable. Be that as it may, the story lacks within a lot of areas. The story itself has little plot development and scares become rather predictable. In addition to that the attention to detail was lacking in some areas and even though I am not a coder myself, the miner adaptations that could have been made would have made the story a lot better. I would like to acknowledge that the map was only made for a single person and even though the map wasn't awful, I would enjoy a story that terrified me for a short duration than a map I found predictable and almost basic.

Moreover, the map could use some work, there is a variety of things one can do with the amnesia franchise and I would suggest one take advantage of the atmospheric horror genre that amnesia is instead of plotting repetitive jump scares. I did not hate the map, but I am going to be honest in my review and state that the playtime is extremely short, one could probably beat the map with 5 minutes. Lastly, I would like to offer a sliver of advice to many new story makers out there; if you want your story to stand out, make it stand out. By copying everyone else's idea your map will become generic and you will also get hate for it. In addition to that, it is your story, so why not make it your story? But remember that you are making the story to attract a large audience and you are inevitably an entertainer.

Overall I would give this map 3.5/10

PROS:
Short and occasionally scary
Very basic, easy to understand

CONS:
No story development
Nothing special
Becomes predictable
Not enough effort

Would I recommend it?
Yes, but only to new players, it gives you a chance to learn the controls and become used to Amnesia.
03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Find
VeNoMzTeamHysterical Offline

Threads: 36

(02-05-2013, 02:38 AM)JohnandSerena Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 11:02 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Nobody should play this, another pointless story.

Like I said I'm a beginner and instead of all the negative talk just tell me on how I can improve on part 2? Nobody will ever gain skills at developing custom stories if you assholes keep saying negative shit.

Hahaha i agree i sucked to and look at me now Smile

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21719.html
Evil Awaking Work In Progress!
Hours Spend 472.
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Website Find