Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What do you think future Spaceships would be?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
What do you think future Spaceships would be?

Knowing that, one day, we will have scifi/futuristic ships to travel to new worlds; the question we must ask ourselves is "What would that ship really be like?"

We have plently of science fiction games, novels, movies, and tv series all with their own theory to our future space travels. Some are similar to each other, while others differ greatly. This thread will hold what each of us think our future spaceships could be like (and to prove I do not only talk about monsters, I have plenty of non-monster topics... this being one of them).

To get an idea of the layout, I will start.

1) Travelling form one solar system to another: My thoughts on this relate to either the ships from the Aliens/Xenomorph universe or the Babylon 5 universe.

1a)---The Earth ships from the Xenomorph universe, the ships seem to be a possible design (as far as our technology is concerned). The crew is put to stasis until they are near their destination (or a signal is picked up by the ship's computer).

1b)--The Babylon 5 ships also seem realistic. Laser weapons are a science fact now, so having large spaceships with laser guns (and rocket launchers just in case) is doable. How they travel from system to another is by use of travelling into a thing called Hyperspace. Think of it as a dimension that travel through to a system through it takes days to weeks.

2) Alien Encounters: I kind of doubt we would have a 'universal translator', at least to start. Naturally we'd have to learn how to speak in the other alien's language. Babylon 5, by the time the viewers are introduced to the universe, it has been some time since Earth met the alien races. Look at here on Earth, we have no artificial translators to know what a foreigner is saying. We must either already know their language, or either of us must learn the other's language. English, nowadays, is a common language here on Earth.

2a)---Naturally, not all encounters would be peaceful. Nor would all be human-like or even humanoid. Just look at the Elder Things from Lovecraft's 'Mountains of Madness' (example here: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs31/i/2011/3...1hzz16.jpg ). These guy are not humanoid at all, yet they are a sentient race capable of space travel. We must remember the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" when meeting a new alien race. Something that may seem scary to use might have a personality/government that mirrors our own.

2b)--I'm not going to even guess what we'd meet out there. It's like the unexplored ocean on our planet, we simply have no way of knowing for sure. I do have one funny thought though. Dragons are considered myths here on Earth, what if a sentient alien race of 'dragons' considered Humans to be a myth? Imagine the surprise when we encounter one another. We might also encounter a habital planet with such a low gravity that the people and animals there are kaiju sized to us!

I'm sure I'm missing more subjects concerning this topic[/b], so feel free to add!
02-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
RE: What do you think future Spaceships would be?

If there's a space ship, I'll travel around the universe to see the other world and aliens of course. That's gonna take forever to see the WHOLE universe. Discovering other planets and living being would be interesting. Besides, there might be another planet for us to live in.
When there's a space ship, there will be a space station. Like in dead space, the space stations is really big, have space trains (Lol), and lots of stuff in the space station. There will be no more cars in the future, because people will use a hover car (star wars) or a portal gun (portal). There willl be plasmids, holograms, force fields, robots, and more. With technology like that, hope there'll be an underwater city or a flying city (bioshock). I'll live in that city if I can.

There should be a universal translator in the future. We don't have to study other language to understand people from other lands. If not we'll never understand what the creature from the other world is saying. And we have to study the language again.

Sorry for my English if you find any grammar errors or spelling.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(02-05-2013, 10:34 AM)No Author Wrote: If there's a space ship, I'll travel around the universe to see the other world and aliens of course. That's gonna take forever to see the WHOLE universe. Discovering other planets and living being would be interesting. Besides, there might be another planet for us to live in.
When there's a space ship, there will be a space station. Like in dead space, the space stations is really big, have space trains (Lol), and lots of stuff in the space station. There will be no more cars in the future, because people will use a hover car (star wars) or a portal gun (portal). There willl be plasmids, holograms, force fields, robots, and more. With technology like that, hope there'll be an underwater city or a flying city (bioshock). I'll live in that city if I can.

There should be a universal translator in the future. We don't have to study other language to understand people from other lands. If not we'll never understand what the creature from the other world is saying. And we have to study the language again.

Don't worry, your English is just fine Smile

Those are good ideas. It would be fun to play with a portal gun when it's invented in the real world. I too hope to see underwater cities/flying cities.
02-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-05-2013, 03:10 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(02-05-2013, 10:34 AM)No Author Wrote: If there's a space ship, I'll travel around the universe to see the other world and aliens of course. That's gonna take forever to see the WHOLE universe. Discovering other planets and living being would be interesting. Besides, there might be another planet for us to live in.

Don't worry, your English is just fine Smile

Those are good ideas. It would be fun to play with a portal gun when it's invented in the real world. I too hope to see underwater cities/flying cities.

Wait a minute. I just realized that if there's a portal gun, why would people need car or hover car ?

There's a bunch a question in my head. But it's late to reply and I really need to get some sleep.

To everyone reading this thread.

Run your imagination in this thread.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(02-05-2013, 03:19 PM)No Author Wrote: Wait a minute. I just realized that if there's a portal gun, why would people need car or hover car ?

There's a bunch a question in my head. But it's late to reply and I really need to get some sleep.

To everyone reading this thread.

That's a good point about the portal gun. I guess, inorder to need a car, it would be a Portal Car.

Like he said, and I agree,
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM by The Rock Worm.)
02-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

Spoiler below!
[Image: UNSC-Infinity.jpg]

Damnit, I can dream

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
02-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(02-05-2013, 03:24 PM)Mine Turtle Wrote:
Spoiler below!
[Image: UNSC-Infinity.jpg]

Damnit, I can dream

Cool looking ship! What name would you give it were you its captain?

Also, this post is my 700th!
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM by The Rock Worm.)
02-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

I'd impress the "aliens" if there are any, and build this: [Image: Violin-Spaceship--80006.jpg]

if you put it out of your mind that its a violin, its a preety cool looking spaceship

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013, 04:08 PM by Nice.)
02-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(02-05-2013, 04:07 PM)DogFood Wrote: I'd impress the "aliens" if there are any, and build this: [Image: Violin-Spaceship--80006.jpg]

if you put it out of your mind that its a violin, its a preety cool looking spaceship

I'd never though of that ship design Big Grin If you enter planet, can you play music with your ship?
02-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(02-05-2013, 04:13 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I'd never though of that ship design Big Grin If you enter planet, can you play music with your ship?

yes, the music of DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MNUAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAA

*cough* Ha!

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Find