Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom monster issue!
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Custom monster issue!

(02-18-2013, 09:29 PM)Traggey Wrote: The monster in the screenshot is NOT 6 K polygons.

It just isn't, go fix it, you can't use a model made in sculptris, sculpts are made to bake as normal maps onto low poly models, the reason for the file size is because this model has a massive ammount of polygons, which the engine itself won't like.
he said that he had ported it into blender,
I assume that he has done a retopology which is 6k and baked the high poly onto it. But I guess you might have a point since he only mentioned rigging it in blender and "etc.". the model in the screenshot is surely a sculp though since normal maps cant really enhance the silhuette.
02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

Threads: 4
Information  RE: Custom monster issue!

(02-18-2013, 09:37 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Blender armatures are not supported.

Thats weird... The Frictional Games Wiki said it would work in the newer versions of Blender.

Currently working on:
Archedale Castle: Cold Hunger
http://www.moddb.com/mods/archedale-castle
02-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...3d/blender
02-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(02-18-2013, 09:39 PM)Kirbypwnage Wrote: Thats weird... The Frictional Games Wiki said it would work in the newer versions of Blender.

It says you can make the editor not crash. This does not mean that it'll work.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Website Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

(02-18-2013, 09:54 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 09:39 PM)Kirbypwnage Wrote: Thats weird... The Frictional Games Wiki said it would work in the newer versions of Blender.

Still....he did say that his editor was crashing.
02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

(02-18-2013, 10:36 PM)martinnord Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 09:54 PM)Your Computer Wrote:

Still....he did say that his editor was crashing.

Well guys, no need to bother with what was said on the wiki... Might as well be a big load of bullshit for all I know. Tongue

I'm trying to download Maya now, see what I can do from there, if no one knows the answer to the issue.

Currently working on:
02-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

I did a few very quick(very very quick) experiements with blender to maya import/export and I think that the Autodesk FBX format might be better then collada.
You see the FBX export included a rig(that has some large bones attached to it) the animation and the mesh. the animation was running really fast though intact and I had to assign the texture manually.
The collada on the other hand included a rig just like the other, a mesh of course and the texture was loaded properly(though this might just have something to do with the collada and texture being in the same folder) but the animation was just not there.

so I recommend FBX

the collada and fbx both included a re export from blender of the servant grunt.
02-19-2013, 12:33 AM
Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

(02-19-2013, 12:33 AM)martinnord Wrote: I did a few very quick(very very quick) experiements with blender to maya import/export and I think that the Autodesk FBX format might be better then collada.
You see the FBX export included a rig(that has some large bones attached to it) the animation and the mesh. the animation was running really fast though intact and I had to assign the texture manually.
The collada on the other hand included a rig just like the other, a mesh of course and the texture was loaded properly(though this might just have something to do with the collada and texture being in the same folder) but the animation was just not there.

so I recommend FBX

the collada and fbx both included a re export from blender of the servant grunt.

Okay, thanks. I'll remember that. Wink

Currently working on:
02-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Find
Kirbypwnage Offline

(02-19-2013, 12:33 AM)martinnord Wrote: I did a few very quick(very very quick) experiements with blender to maya import/export and I think that the Autodesk FBX format might be better then collada.

so I recommend FBX

Okay... So I imported it into Maya, and got a plugin working, so I could export into .dae files. But then this happened.
(Look at the pic down there)
Very pretty result... Anyone know a solution for that?

Attached Files
.png   Skjermbilde 2013-02-19 kl. 11.04.31.png (Size: 390.85 KB / Downloads: 129)

Currently working on:
02-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

(02-19-2013, 11:06 AM)Kirbypwnage Wrote:

so I recommend FBX

Okay... So I imported it into Maya, and got a plugin working, so I could export into .dae files. But then this happened.
(Look at the pic down there)
Very pretty result... Anyone know a solution for that?

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18352.html just because you got it in maya does not mean the strugling is over my friend.
02-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Find