Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
Amnesia: Rain - Full Release
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia: Rain - Full Release

(03-03-2013, 05:52 PM)samsonmillward Wrote: this is an amazing custom story: the best I've played but im stuck in the kitchen (neither of the doors will open) and whilst i was looking around trying to find a key to get out I slipped down the back of a wall and am now stuck in the wall?
Reload from an earlier point.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Best custom story i've played so far. And i already played a lot of CS's

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Find
PewDiePie Offline

Threads: 1

Just wow! Amazing custom story, loved every minute playing it.
03-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Find
Boomeh Offline

Threads: 0

(03-14-2013, 12:09 AM)PewDiePie Wrote: Just wow! Amazing custom story, loved every minute playing it.

Not gonna lie man, watching you play it gave me quite a few good scares, like when the bro broke the door right in front of you. I just played this one myself and it's one of the best quality CS' I've played.
03-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Find
HarshlyCritical Offline

Threads: 2

Hope I'm not trespassing on any necroposting rules, but even though I'm late to the party I thought I'd give my feedback.

I just finished this one last night, and I just have to say that the ending was really great. I didn't expect what transpired at the end, and the fact that there was such a sudden transition from "go here and find this to open this door to go here" gameplay to the cinematic final sequence was very cool.

Some of the puzzles were pretty neat (crafting metal shards in the furnace, for example) and while at the time they kind of flabbergasted me, in hindsight they were a unique aspect I really enjoyed.

Basically, great work! Really enjoyed it. I am curious though, after reading through the thread I saw that you had the intention of posting what your personal interpretation of the story was, but I didn't see it as I was reading through.

Oh, and I'm uploading my playthrough on YT, naturally:

Spoiler below!

05-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Find
cl0nec0mmand0 Offline

Threads: 1

what kind of jumpscares are their i dont really like jumpscares
05-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Find
Kiorga(x2)rd Offline

Threads: 12

Hello all,

I'm completing a new update for Amnesia: Rain. It will be released shortly and will include an alternative ending and gameplay, as well as several bug fixes and minor tweaks.

More news on Amnesia: Rain 1.1 will be released in the coming days. Stay tuned.

Follow it here: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-21927.html

Apparently the user name "Kiorgaard" isn't accepted by the administrator. Turns out you can't have a name with a double 'a' in it. Odd...
06-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Find
CranstonofBoston Offline

Threads: 0

Cant wait to play the new version the old version was alright

(05-19-2013, 08:05 PM)cl0nec0mmand0 Wrote: what kind of jumpscares are their i dont really like jumpscares
their just something jumping out like a ghost or a clown

(02-27-2013, 05:10 PM)amnesiaPUZZLES Wrote:
(02-21-2013, 02:26 PM)Kiorga(x2)rd Wrote: So does anyone want to have a shot at explaining it?

Spoiler below!
Ulrich is the prison and the torture chamber overseer. Our protagonist is one of the prisoners, tortured and 'worked up into a real frenzy', by Ulrich. (It doesn't necessarily mean WE ARE BAD, we might have been sent to prison unfairly and we're actually innocent) So, we get mad and force an amnesia potion to Ulrich, and we turn the tables on him. He's left alone in his prison cell, but he has some vague memories of his past, like the location of the Northern Cells key. He leaves notes around, as he tries to escape the castle. Finally, he gets to his own room, but, followed by us, gets killed. Even if we felt the revenge was spot on in the first place, the feeling of guilt overwhelms us and, finally, we hang ourselves, which is our salvation.

The Mansion locations seem impractical (every room is preceded and followed by a corridor, linear gameplay) and illogical, the rooms that appear in Chapter 3 are brief visualisations of what the actual Mansion would look like. The previous Chapters seem real, but we encounter flashbacks, after which the locations change (the debris are removed) so I'm not sure about it.

I also have some other ideas, like:

Spoiler below!
- we are Father Wilhelm, we got possessed by a demon and killed Ulrich the overseer in his room, performing some kind of a ritual, and now we cannot handle this guilt
- Ulrich is our protagonist's alter ego, (more like, we have multiple identity disorder) and we read our own notes throughout the story (they reflect our protagonist's state of mind, Ulrich also gets depressed and hopeless about himself getting out of the castle)
- we are Ulrich. We're in comma (or maybe purgatory?) and we try to find out where we are, and how to escape the castle. In the end it turns out, that for all this time, we've been the overseer who would torture many people and who couldn't stand it any longer because of guilt. Seeing our own body dead on the bed, there's nothing left to do but to commit suicide, as we're just a soul/ghost, who has to... move on.

At least, I've tried Big Grin

Nah bro its about his dog

Let the dead eat the dead.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 11:52 AM by CranstonofBoston.)
09-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Find