Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PS4 Revealed
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
PS4 Revealed

Some of it looks very interesting, yet will probably be out of my budget for a LONG time. I'll stick to my PC. The Gaikai thing sounds interesting. Overall I think Microsoft will have to do a lot to compete this time.

[Image: luv.gif]
02-21-2013, 07:02 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1
RE: PS4 Revealed

Yes! Now my laptop can actually get some games that aren't held back by the console hardware ceiling! Seriously, Crysis 3 looks worse than Crysis did because they had to make it PS3 compatible.
02-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

avoiding it, i dont like its DRM, you have to have one of these stupid passcodes now to even play a game, meaning you cannot rent, and you cannot buy second hand, its downright discriminative against low budget users, it means you cant find out if the game is any good or not before spending 80 pounds! and you cant get rid of the games. its fleecing!

nope, im boycotting it, same as the 720, wich uses the same Disgusting DRM system, until they drop these stupid DRM decisions, and alow people to RENT the games.

tell me, when, just when, did Omni Consumer Products take over the games industry?

also, how can you sit there and be interested in PS4 when sony are Fleecing you? forcing you to have to buy a game new, with no rental, and then making you PAY for the million and one patches the game will need, via micro transaction, to make it run properly? you are either very rich or very very foolish!

ah well, seeing as most people will be doing the same according to Arstechnica forums, Expect a Massive resurgence in PC gaming via Steam, so there is at least some good news.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM by the dark side.)
02-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

its on Arstechina, Kotaku, 4gamerz (dont normally use them, but they got my respect for savaging colonial marines...) yahoo gaming and gamesradar.

All state that the PS4 uses the Same DRM system as Xbox720, wich has been confirmed already by Arstechinca, The Escapist, and Kotaku to be "Always On", meaning your games wont work at all if the internet goes down, requires a passcode, wich is single use, full price new game only, for the game to even work, wich means you cannot rent or buy games second hand, and has been co-developed by Electronic Arts, wich means it probably wont be very reliable. and that you have to pay money via micro-transaction for patches! wich is not good when you consider the average "AAA" game gets patched 5 times in a month because they have more bugs than kenya!

all you need to do is read the bit were it says "the same DRM system as xbox720" and then check the article on the 720s DRM. Draw your own conclusions people.

also, on a personal note, there are rumours the next gen games will be social Multiplayer only with no singleplayer, wich means i couldnt play them anyway, DRM issues or no, as i cant mentally cope with MP, but for once i am putting my own issues into the drawer.. the issue is the DRM,. and the Publishers of the consoles, and the games, FLEECING gamers..

its not acceptable to make people pay for patches, leave them unable to play the game if there internet goes down, wich it can do very frequently in the rurals!, and prevent people from buying games second hand, wich can be the only way some people can get games at all! or even RENT the games, something that becomes more important during "competitition" months, when greedy companies speed out some pretty awfull games, like colonial marines (and im not saying its bad on bias, pretty much the whole gaming world admits gearbox screwed up! AGAIN!) to try and earn a fast buck.

its disgusting, fleecing your customers is not acceptable! it should be "whats the best game i can make for you", not "how much can i fleece you for". its not right.

i KNOW people here dont like me, but i BEG of you, for the good of THE GAMES INDUSTRY! put your bias against me to one side. read the articles, and BOYCOTT the next generation of consoles, or gaming will end up as just a great big Fleecing pit! and i dont think anyone, CR52Y L337157, casual user, newcomer, or hardcore games lover alike, wants that to happen.

Make your stand people, Please, show these greedy megacorps we will not stand for being Fleeced, or gaming, as a Universal Hobby, open to all people with all wallet sizes, has had it! and be open only to rich kids who can afford new games at 8o pounds a pop, all the patches and DLC, and the most reliable internet. the Wrong sort of elitism!

no renting, no second hand games, no games at all if the internet goes down, having to PAY to fix bugs and glitches? is that really the future of gaming you want? well, unless we, the GAMERS do something, thats the one we are going to get.

this, for once is not a rant, its a plea, for gaming, as our one, uniting hobby is in danger of becoming corrupted by greedy megacorps even more than it is now, into a fleecing pit.

please people, stop it from happening.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM by the dark side.)
02-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Fleecing your customers is perfectly acceptable. If people are dumb enough to pay for it, then power to them. In the meanwhile I'll be doing what I did this entire console generation - enjoy the slow recovery and victory of PC gaming because of ridiculous DRM measures, low returns for rising costs and terrible IP mismanagement.
02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

ok robosprog. disbeleive if you wish, but please, i ask one favour. hang fire until 720 details are confirmed by MS. if those articles are troll ones, feel free to light a fire under my arse! because i will do the same to those sites, but please, dont light the fire until microsoft confimrs its DRM system for better or worse.

But, if those articles do turn out to be true, please, i beg of you, remember what i have said, dont let MS and Sony Become a Real Life OCP, because gaming deserves better. thats all i ask.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2013, 08:11 PM by the dark side.)
02-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

I have to actually agree with the dark side on the stupid passcodes. They really piss me off.

[Image: luv.gif]
02-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Actually supposedly a leak gave these details about both the PS4 and the 720. So far it's been proven correct about the PS4, so there's no reason to think it won't be the same about the 720.
02-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Up to date information is up to date

http://kotaku.com/5985874/ps4-will-not-r...connection
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-0...used-games

... but, please don't let me interrupt the hate, y'all Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 12:25 AM by Adrianis.)
02-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(02-22-2013, 12:24 AM)Adrianis Wrote: Up to date information is up to date

http://kotaku.com/5985874/ps4-will-not-r...connection
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-0...used-games

... but, please don't let me interrupt the hate, y'all Smile

God

Fucking