Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9
RE: RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION

(03-07-2013, 01:13 AM)vengey Wrote: Wellllllll Minus the crummy voice acting xD, there is no way I am contacting Payton to voice act anymore(Harold)

Yea, I couldn't stand on how bad the voice acting was. It would of been better if he just spoken up, I could barely hear him most of the time.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
03-07-2013, 01:24 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(03-07-2013, 01:13 AM)vengey Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 12:16 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: I just realized you're the guy who made that silent hill mod. That was awesome. I can't tell you how much I've always wanted to smack a grunt in the face and have it actually do something! I'll definitely be playing this. Smile

Thanks man Smile

(03-06-2013, 11:38 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 12:16 PM)DeAngelo Wrote: I just realized you're the guy who made that silent hill mod. That was awesome. I can't tell you how much I've always wanted to smack a grunt in the face and have it actually do something! I'll definitely be playing this. Smile

Yeah I just played that yesterday and it was fun as heck!

Spoiler below!
Except I got abit stuck at finding the musical cylinders so I had to use a walkthrough for that part.

Wellllllll Minus the crummy voice acting xD, there is no way I am contacting Payton to voice act anymore(Harold)

Yeah minus that, but other then that it was good. It scared me a few times!

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
03-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Threads: 7

UPDATE: Mapping of the prison is just about completed courtesy of DnALange's sense of level layout

[Image: c2jbxLY.png]

03-08-2013, 03:33 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(03-08-2013, 03:33 AM)vengey Wrote: UPDATE: Mapping of the prison is just about completed courtesy of DnALange's sense of level layout

[Image: c2jbxLY.png]

-
Welll... vengey.
To be hounest this is about 75% done..
Still some details but yeah overall this is the first part of the first map.
Already took me a whole evening to build tho..!!
Anyways. tomorrow i will finish this part and move on to the second part of the prison.
PS- need to check some walls and floors\tiles etc.. some are out of ... line? Wink HEhehee
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013, 03:39 AM by DnALANGE.)
03-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(03-08-2013, 03:38 AM)dnalange Wrote: -
Welll... vengey.
Anyways. tomorrow i will finish this part and move on to the second part of the prison.
PS- need to check some walls and floors\tiles etc.. some are out of ... line? Wink HEhehee

No from what I saw. But there's one thing that bother me, the side of the left wall doesn't match the other side.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
03-08-2013, 03:48 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

(03-08-2013, 03:38 AM)dnalange Wrote: Welll... vengey.

Also, the corner of the wall kinda bothers me. One side looks taller then the other and the bricks don't exactly match up.

03-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

ALl of you read!
->>>
PS- need to check some walls and floors\tiles etc.. some are out of ... line? [Image: wink.gif] HEhehee
ALready asid that LOL!!!
read first before commenting please! hmm....
03-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

(03-08-2013, 03:59 PM)dnalange Wrote: ALl of you read!
->>>
PS- need to check some walls and floors\tiles etc.. some are out of ... line? [Image: wink.gif] HEhehee
ALready asid that LOL!!!

Sorry dnalange, I didn't realize you said that until now. How did I miss that last part?

03-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Find
vengey Offline

Threads: 7

(03-08-2013, 04:16 PM)Brosive Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 03:59 PM)dnalange Wrote: ALl of you read!
->>>
ALready asid that LOL!!!

Sorry dnalange, I didn't realize you said that until now. How did I miss that last part?

While DnALange is our mapper, I am the 3D modeler of everything, and of course we will all be taking a crack at the coding, but my main job is to make sure that every single model is recreated perfectly AND is textured to some degree the same as it was in the original game. Texturing sure as hell is difficult to be successful at, but now that we have finished up with the first room, I have went back to retexture some objects so it is a tad more HD, but let's think of this prison area as a mulligans. With the upcoming areas that need 3D modeling, I shall guarantee each texture is perfect before saving it to .dae format, this way I won't have to go back to retexture objects. Now that I have 100% mastered Maya's UV Editor it should be a piece of cake now. At this time, I am going begin designing the Kennel's entities where you will obtain a coat to escape the prison area through the ventilation shaft. The kennel has the sewer hole in it and the dogs in the cages for those of you not aware what the area is. And with that said, I will also be importing the Cerberus model from Resident Evil Remake which will be placed in 2 of the four kennels menacing you as you try to take the coat. And FYI the sewer hole CANNOT be opened until later on in the game when Leon opens it himself. This implies you will eventually return to the prison to progress onwards. So without much doubt this game will involve plenty of coding, but my god it will all be worth it to have this all come true. Btw there will be boss battles in the game, such as Birkin and the elevator etc. Anyways gotta go to my next class(Im posting this from the school's computer) so I bid you adu Wink

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013, 04:58 PM by vengey.)
03-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

(03-08-2013, 04:48 PM)vengey Wrote: While DnALange is our mapper, I am the 3D modeler of everything, and of course we will all be taking a crack at the coding, but my main job is to make sure that every single model is recreated perfectly AND is textured to some degree the same as it was in the original game. Texturing sure as hell is difficult to be successful at, but now that we have finished up with the first room, I have went back to retexture some objects so it is a tad more HD, but let's think of this prison area as a mulligans. With the upcoming areas that need 3D modeling, I shall guarantee each texture is perfect before saving it to .dae format, this way I won't have to go back to retexture objects. Now that I have 100% mastered Maya's UV Editor it should be a piece of cake now. At this time, I am going begin designing the Kennel's entities where you will obtain a coat to escape the prison area through the ventilation shaft. The kennel has the sewer hole in it and the dogs in the cages for those of you not aware what the area is. And with that said, I will also be importing the Cerberus model from Resident Evil Remake which will be placed in 2 of the four kennels menacing you as you try to take the coat. And FYI the sewer hole CANNOT be opened until later on in the game when Leon opens it himself. This implies you will eventually return to the prison to progress onwards. So without much doubt this game will involve plenty of coding, but my god it will all be worth it to have this all come true. Btw there will be boss battles in the game, such as Birkin and the elevator etc. Anyways gotta go to my next class(Im posting this from the school's computer) so I bid you adu Wink

I'm so glad you and dnalange are making this, you two are some of my favorite mappers and I'm really excited for this FC.

03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Find