Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.73 Average
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION
vengey Offline

Threads: 7
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION

[Image: IepBLYk.png]
We shall keep you up to date as we develop it. If you are a hardcore fan, you immediately know our next project Wink
Once we actually get into the level design we shall make a moddb page, but as for now, recreating EVERY SINGLE 3D MODEL from the game INCLUDING all of the enemies...and bosses Wink...will take some time, but it is achievable. I already have an idea of the code that will make a gun in amnesia possible and it will work quite well too.
I developed the idea of this mod 2 days ago, and so far I have already 3D Modeled a few custom entities from the game.. I have a ton more to do of course, but it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Regarding the handgun, it is going to replace the lantern which means that the oil will be the handgun ammo, and as far as saving is concerned, ink ribbons will be replacing tinderboxes and you will need a set amount of tinderboxes or in this case ink ribbons to be able to save. We are going to be taking the entire environment Resident Evil 2, and redo it for Amnesia DETAIL FOR DETAIL, which is not a joke, we are talking electricity boxes, statues, everything, with a NEW STORY, and all of the things leon and claire do during the game will affect how you play. For example, the helicopter crashing into the police station, leon pushing the car out of the way to get to the prison. All aspects will be taken into consideration during development. EVERY ENEMY WILL BE 3D MODELED AND BROUGHT IN THE GAME: The zombies, the dogs, the lickers, the spiders and most importantly either Mr.X, or Birkin or even both! The famous door opening scenes will be included as well. This will definitely be a long project, but the end product will be so satisfying.

[Image: vRhISgQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013, 12:28 AM by vengey.)
02-27-2013, 05:03 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: RESIDENT EVIL 2 AMNESIA EDITION

Never played a Resident Evil game... but I'll still play this of course! Tongue

In Ruins [WIP]
02-27-2013, 06:14 AM
Find
Bronzedragon316 Offline

My god...if this is made I can die happy
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013, 06:24 AM by Bronzedragon316.)
02-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Find
vengey Offline

(02-27-2013, 06:17 AM)Bronzedragon316 Wrote: My god...if this is made I can die happy

Just a question, it might be too early but... are you doing CLaire A leon B or Leon A Claire B?

or your own story?

I think it said in the description above. What we plan on doing is designing our own custom story for it, where the main character STARTS in the prison cell where the news reporter locked himself in and gets killed by Birkin rather than outside like Leon and Claire. You will be a prisoner that escaped, which I thought was very clever considering there is a second jail cell right next to the reporter that was open when you get there. What you will be doing is trying to escape the prison area considering the door is blocked off by the van that leon pushes. I think the best thing to do for this is have you search for a coat like object that has a lot of friction, and you actually climb up the vent that leon dropped down from to return to the cell block. The coat or friction object will be stowed away somewhere in the kennel and you will use that to climb up the vent. Then from there you end up on the third floor of the police station in that cogwheel room. You will jump down from the top considering there is a staircase that needs to be lowered. By jumping down from there, THERE IS NO RETURNING BACK TO THE PRISON CELL, UNTIL LEON PUSHES THE CAR OUT OF THE WAY. So basically from there you are trying to find a way out like Leon and Claire are doing by going to the underground laboratory. I think this is the best way to go about setting the game up because this way I can do the system where everything Leon and Claire do will affect your story and your progression through the game. Then not only can people relive the atmosphere of Resident Evil 2, but the player will also be able to listen in on classic cutscenes that shape the rest of the game while they play! And while you are a prisoner, you are basically a lone wolf and don't want help from anyone so there will be no conflict between people playing it questioning why Leon and Claire never ran into you, it is because you were trying to escape without being caught because no matter what you are still an escapee. So all in all, this entire game will be exactly like Resident Evil 2, with a new story, and the side stories of Leon and Claire will also be witnessed as well while you play. And as said before there will be times where what Leon and Claire do will affect your gameplay! I have been thinking this through for quite sometime now after I had finished Amnesia Hill. So I am up for this challenge, and when it is done, by god it will be top notch. I am going for every detail. Every model in the game will be custom made, not a single Amnesia Object will be reused except for maybe the typewriter entity that I have downloaded, otherwise EVERY ENTITY WILL BE MADE BY ME AND OUR GROUP! No stone will be left unturned, if there is a blood stain somewhere, there will be a bloodstain, if there is an electric box, there will be an electric box made, I am taking the time to remake every single 3D Model, whereas The Small Horse was more of a comedic game and everything was custom, ours is a serious remake of a classic with brand new models never seen in amnesia.

EDIT: BE SURE TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH ANY 3D MODELS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE DAILY BY THE TEAM ON PAGE 2 OF THIS FORUM THREAD

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 07:09 AM by vengey.)
02-27-2013, 06:39 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

You don't have to make the prison door, as there's one in the original game. Use Justine's models to make it easier. Also, does it have guns? If the player picks up the bullet, they WILL think there's a gun and that will ruin everything.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Find
Bronzedragon316 Offline

Sounds too good to be true! Wish there was something I could do to help.
02-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(02-27-2013, 06:43 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: You don't have to make the prison door, as there's one in the original game. Use Justine's models to make it easier. Also, does it have guns? If the player picks up the bullet, they WILL think there's a gun and that will ruin everything.

Not everything made for amnesia has to follow it's specific guidelines, if the guy wants a gun in the story, let him have it. It won't RUIN it, it will just change the experience, as he is not trying to make it feel like Amnesia, but as Resident Evil. If you take a gun out of a Resident Evil game, it's not going to feel like one. Understand what I mean by this?
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013, 06:52 AM by Statyk.)
02-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(02-27-2013, 06:52 AM)Statyk Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 06:43 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: You don't have to make the prison door, as there's one in the original game. Use Justine's models to make it easier. Also, does it have guns? If the player picks up the bullet, they WILL think there's a gun and that will ruin everything.

Not everything made for amnesia has to follow it's specific guidelines, if the guy wants a gun in the story, let him have it. It won't RUIN it, it will just change the experience, as he is not trying to make it feel like Amnesia, but as Resident Evil. If you take a gun out of a Resident Evil game, it's not going to feel like one. Understand what I mean by this?
Yep, sure. I just saw the ammo thing and totally came to that conclusion.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Find
vengey Offline

(02-27-2013, 06:53 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(02-27-2013, 06:52 AM)Statyk Wrote:

Yep, sure. I just saw the ammo thing and totally came to that conclusion.

Yeah I intend on replacing the lantern with a handgun, and the handgun ammo you picked up is actually oil for the lantern and gives about 10% oil. I am going to code it SPECIFICALLY so that when the lantern is turned on, or in this case the gun is shot, the lantern will lose 1% oil and shut off, or in this case the gun will stay idle on the screen. Dont worry I got it all thought up, but yes there will be a gun in amnesia ;D

02-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Guess I'll play this.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Find