Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Are Amnesia players adults or teens?
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Are Amnesia players adults or teens?

(03-26-2013, 04:59 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:
(03-26-2013, 01:13 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Rage about PewDiePie
I don't know what you're even talking about. You're the first to mention him?

I am talking about the kids who write on horror games videos shit like " can't wait to see pewdie playing it " and stuff like that.

I like pewdie too but this is too shitty already.

[Image: pewdiepie__u_mad_bro__by_kittykat1231-d5lxyxw.png]

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Website Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-26-2013, 06:10 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote:

I am talking about the kids who write on horror games videos shit like " can't wait to see pewdie playing it " and stuff like that.

ftfy.

But really, why aren't they allowed to tell people how excited they are to see someone let's play this? Is it any different from us wanting to actually play it? Maybe they're underage and are not allowed by they're parents to buy it.
03-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

(03-26-2013, 06:22 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:
(03-26-2013, 06:10 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote:

ftfy.

But really, why aren't they allowed to tell people how excited they are to see someone let's play this? Is it any different from us wanting to actually play it? Maybe they're underage and are not allowed by they're parents to buy it.

I am not underage but I cannot buy it also because I don't have my own money , I live in Romania a.k.a bullshit money.

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
03-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Website Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

Some people feel the experience is enhanced by watching somebody else play the game. Nothing wrong with it.
03-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Find
Boogaloo Offline

Threads: 0

You could be 10 years old and not scared at all by the game, or you could be 48 and scared to death. It not about maturity, its about your attitude and cognitive processing.

If you play the game just to play it and have a shallow attitude towards it, then its not going to be fun or scary. But if you are playing it to get scared, your brain automatically adjusts from normal reasoning to anticipation (fear the unknown). The anticipation of something scary that is about to happen is what amnesia is all about, that's why their are the level specific environments in the game. If you go into a very lit room with almost calm music, you aren't going to be anticipating something scary most likely, but when you are thrown into darkness and the music is very dreary or non existent, that's when your going to be anticipating something bad to come.

The only way a person is going to enjoy TDD or AMFP is if they are playing to get scared and are willing to let their mind jump to the conclusions on what is about to happen. Take logic out of it, just let it happen and fear will find you. Otherwise you will just sit there and beat the game just for the sake of beating the game. That's dumb.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM by Boogaloo.)
03-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-26-2013, 07:06 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: Some people feel the experience is enhanced by watching somebody else play the game. Nothing wrong with it.

exactly c:
I'm gonna play it though, because in my opinion it's easier to immerse yourself into the surroundings and the story.
03-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Find
GiggleBlizzard Offline

Threads: 2

(03-26-2013, 07:49 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote:
(03-26-2013, 07:06 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: Some people feel the experience is enhanced by watching somebody else play the game. Nothing wrong with it.

exactly c:
I'm gonna play it though, because in my opinion it's easier to immerse yourself into the surroundings and the story.

I'll play it too. TDD is one of few games that have managed to immerse me and kept me craving to progress. It was feeding me thrills.
03-26-2013, 08:01 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-26-2013, 06:00 PM)Thief1337 Wrote: The only reason why I can't wait for AAMFP to be released is because I wanna see God (PewDiePie) play the game.

While I'm eating twinkies and cuddling with my two little kitties, I'll be able to tell my friends I was 'First' on each one of his videos.

Proud of you.

[Image: luv.gif]
03-27-2013, 02:05 AM
Find
Chris Deveaux Offline

Threads: 3

(03-25-2013, 08:57 PM)Deep One Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 01:42 AM)Chris Deveaux Wrote: I'm 14 and I started playing amnesia last year in aprilBig Grin
I played through it till I got to the prison then I quited playing the game till july. I spoiled amnesia TDD to much for my self but when AAMFP comes out I'm not even gonna watch a video of the gameplay till im done playing the game. Icant wait till pewdie plays itWink I'm pumped I'mpumped I'm so fricking pumpedSmile

thanks for giving me a cancer

Wut?

(03-26-2013, 10:42 AM)Jinix Wrote:
(03-08-2013, 02:24 PM)jiersk Wrote: Hello everyone,

On these forums I read that almost everyone is scared by the game, so I wonder if the people here are adults ( older than 18 ) or teens ( between 12 and 18 ). Because I can't inmagine people being scared by a game when they are an adult. I don't mean to insult anyone if they are adult , but I have made my father and brother both play the game and they didn't even react at all, so I wonder if that also counts for other adults.

Ps. You don't have to tell your age or anything, I just want to know if anyone knows if the Amnesia players are adults or teens.

Thanks.

Hello, I played Amnesia in 2010. There were several scare moments that I thoroughly enjoyed - probably because of the excellent sounds and 'suddenness' of events. There have been times playing Thief 1 and 2 that were also fear moments.
However I don't react with fits of screaming... but often feel my heart pumping faster and the adrenaline rush that a good scare gives you.

I play in a dark house at night with no lights on.
I do not live near a town and it's always quiet at night with an occasional owl whoo whooing or the sound of a rat making noise out in kitchen.
I am a hermit by choice, and I live alone.... so the atmosphere is perfect.

I'm looking forward to this next game hoping it will scare me death... and it just may as I'm over seventy.
Wow I played Thief 1 and 2 too It'slike my second favorite game for the PC I'm also currently making a level for itSmile

(03-26-2013, 01:13 PM)Sarcophagus Wrote: Jesus fuckin Christ , everybody is with that Pewdiepie guy when a horror game is about to release.

YEAAA I GOT IT , HE IS COOL , I also watch his videos but when you watch a damn trailer like the new Amnesia trailer DO NOT FUCKING WRITE COMMENTS ABOUT PEWDIEPIE PLAYING IT.

Just because you are a damn pu*sy and you can't play it don't tell everybody about it.

DAMN I GOT MAD.. have to listen to some Cannibal Corpse now.

Excuse me! But I am one of those people and so you're calling me this Pussy that can't play a Damn good Fucking Horror GAME! Well I am very offended by you're dumb comment And also I have improved on playing Amnesia since I started playing it a year ago So you have no right to tell me that I can't play amnesia and that I can't comment about him!
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 03:18 AM by Chris Deveaux.)
03-27-2013, 02:53 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Well I mean you do realize that posting comments about him on random videos and websites like this and the AMFP trailer are just going to make people hate him more, right? It's like with Justin Bieber, he's really not that bad, but because his fanbase consists of annoying 12 year old girls that never shut the fuck up about him combined with the fact that his content isn't very good make people hate him a looooot more. It's fine if you enjoy PDP, but going around just spamming shit like "omg I can't wait for PDP to play the new amnesia!!! xD" on videos that aren't related to him in any way is just going to piss people off.

Posting Freak
03-27-2013, 03:21 AM
Website Find